O'Brien Must Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

O'Brien Must Go

Need I say more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsandCs13. Show PatsandCs13's posts

Re: O'Brien Must Go

O'Brien just isn't creative enough to be a OC. Not sure I'm a fan of Pees either. Belichick just needs to sit down and be the coach... divide out his other jobs... and then send O'Brien back to the unemployed line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GameChanger. Show GameChanger's posts

I will second that. The Ravens D knew what was coming before it arrived!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I hope someone in the Pats organization recorded the  Packers-Cardinals game today.   Obrien needs to watch the game and see how good offenses are run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The run defense must go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

test post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Guess this is my no brainer decision of the offseason. Either move him back to QB coach and get a OC, or move on and let him go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

Ok. These coordinaters have called some very uninspiring plays and the scheme's for  most games looked as if not much homework had been done. I'm not saying that I could call a better game on either side of the ball, but it pains me to see the vanilla playcalling this year. It surprises me all the more that BB could allow that to happen the whole year through. With the "coaching accumen" he posseses, I would like to think that at some point he could add some input to these guys to put something together that would work. With all that being said, I believe in Belichick. I believe if given a couple years, he will get this program to championship caliber once again. I just don't think it will be with O'Brien/Pees... I hope not anyhow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Let's bring in OC # 4 for Brady...Manning has had only 1 OC I believe.
    Nothing like continuity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Which OC can they get? Anyone from within the organization they can promote?  Why do we let the best coaches go while other teams manage to keep them? (Tom Moore, Jason Garett)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Tom Moore is an older man who I suppose wants to finish his career out in Indy where he has a guy by the name of Peyton....

Jason Garrett has a different deal. He was basically told he was the next in line behind Wade. I believe he interviewed for Baltimore before last season and was denied. I know he interviewed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Also, the teams that have lost for a while look at the Patriots management/coaching tree and pluck whatever piece they can to capture our magic. That's part of the curse of winning: you lose your coaching/management talent because it's a copycat league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

All three of the coordinators fialed miserably this year.  Pees has had enough time to prove what he is worth.  The other two fellows had one year each, but they were horrrible, horrendous years.   Time to clean the house at that level. And to think... they could have had Capers as the D/C!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Both him and Dean Pees need to go. I would love to see BB bring Crennel back. As for OC - I don't know - who is out there?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

AL GROH would be a nice replacement for D-Cord!  He is a great coach and buddies w/BB.  OR Make Pepper Johnson your new D-cord before he goes to the NYG...we'll see.

Not sure about O-Cord ~ but need someone out there who can HELP Brady and Company! 

Then of course need to look at the personal on this team!  Need ALOT now.  BB got rid of tooooooooooooo much of the nucleus this past offseason and it ALL ooozed out yesterday. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

The first drive of the second half: Faulk rush up middle, screen to Edelman, then a forced pass downfield toward Edelman incomplete.....that was when I knew the game was over. No imagination. The exact play-calling of a dismal 1st half, and nothing. No endarounds, no wildcat, no no-huddle, no flea-flicker, nothing. Absolute embarrassment, the coaching. Belichick included. Fire the whole lot, and if that means The Genius, maybe it's time for him too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Moss was open a lot, so that was another indicator that either Brady didn't want to throw to him (baloney), or that the OC had no plans for him. They throw to him when the game was over, at the end. Nice work, O'Brien/Beli.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We lost due to coaching, no ifs and or buts about it.

If we're going to find an offensive guy look for someone schooled in Belichick's system.  What scares is if Bill doesn't think coaching IS an issue and makes due with what he's got. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

but wozzy, that is Bill's MO. He has gotten to a point where he doesn't care who is at coordinator, he thinks it's interchangeable, he thinks guys like crenel, weiss, mcdaniels are easy to fill, or he just promotes WR coaches or QB coaches. It's complex, it needs some real coaches, guys who were former head coaches or former DC or OCs at the NFL level. It's not Belichick's fault that so many of his guys have eventually been plundered, but he needs to take his coaching staff seriously.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Not only the OC, both OC and DC need to be replaced.  Bring in outside help, doesn't have to be a coach with a new scheme.  Can be one with similar ones but we need fresh ideas.  need guys with more experience and can get creative with the players on the roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Belichick and O'Brien exposed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Belichick is a smart guy and If I had to guess you might even see a revisit of Weis and Crennel. Weis isn't going to go back to college at this point, and as far as I know Crennel is just sitting at home. So, what is going to happen? I think this team will under go as much change this offseason as it has maybe ever.  I expect a lot of new faces on the field as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

You probably missed the big coaching story last week - Weis took the OC job at the Chiefs.  And allegedly, Crennell wants no part of the Pats.

I agree that this season indicated a coaching failure.  Were you frustrated out of your mind all season with the D and O game plans and game management?  I sure was.  It disappoints when you can see the obvious from your den and are forced to ponder, "If a a footbal simpleton like me can see what's wrong with the game management, but the OC and DC cannot, is their any hope for this season?"  There wasn't - I called this flop back in late September.  (I did however hold out hope when the team rallied around Moss in December to create a good vibe...only to have AD crush it with more pot stirring on Thursday.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I have been saying all along that there is no continuity on the Patriots in terms of O and D coordinators, and it has started to catch up with them.  They have lost coach after coach that cut his teeth in the Pats organization and have had to replace guys every year.  They are the victims of their own success, and aside from the loss of a lot of veteran talent and leadership this past season, the coaching brain drain has really hurt this team.  Not sure if O'Brien is a scapegoat or just the victim of being thrust into the position he is in.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree..it starts with a new OC/DC that can challenge BB and his decision making. no one is stepping up to say, "are you crazy or something..or that won't work"....

Are you all sick and tired of hearing BB say, "We got out coached"? Well, if that's the case BB, do something about it! 

I agree on the Cardinals/Packers comment. The difference is each team is deep at WR, and has backs that can run the ball as well. We have neither.

Sections
Shortcuts