Obrien wants Mallet....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Obrien wants Mallet....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000332050/article/report-ryan-mallett-drawing-texans-trade-interest

Considering Mallet walks next year, I guess we should trade him for an early 2nd and draft a future QB now to learn under Brady for 3 years or until he retires.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Obrien wants Mallet....

Don't believe it.  Who is the league source? 

If Schefter doesn't say it, it's bogus.

Citing a league source, MassLive.com's Nick Underhill reports the Texans have "real" interest in acquiring Ryan Mallett from the New England Patriots

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If it's real (which I doubt) I take that deal in a heartbeat.   The #33 overall pick?  No-brainer.  Just don't draft a CB there (that's where we took Ras-I).

You can always find a veteran out-of-work QB to back up for TB if the unthinkable happens.   Remember Testaverde, Flutie ... ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

So what exactly is a mid round pick?  

A 3rd rounder (#65 overall) and a conditional next year?  I think that is fair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I mean, nfl.com has the story so I'm pretty sure it has legs. 

I'm also pretty sure Schefter started at nfl.com. They know what they're doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

@cpriceNFL Can confirm the report from @Nick_Underhill via a league source that the Texans have expressed an interest in Ryan Mallett.

17 minutes ago

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Redskins are looking to Trade Cousins, OB goes with Mallett. Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just reading, Raiders have interest in Mallet and or Cousins and will probably get Revis.

Perrillo and the gang were talking Cousins for a replacement for Mallett last week.

They also said Mallett sucks.  LOL  Who knows?

They also said Marcus Cannon is a real azz wipe to them, which was surprising.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

O'Brien was the QB coach when they drafted Ryan. I think he knows Ryan and trusts him more than most people. O'Brien also knows that Ryan knows what O'Brien wants and does it the way O'Brien wants it done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Typical of you guys. Sell him cheap! Mallett is worth a lot more than you guys give him credit for being. the Patriots have already said no to trading him for just a 2nd round pick on a couple of occassions, I've been saying all along it would cost a team more than just a 2nd round draft choice, I'm guessing BB is holding out for a first round pick, or multiple picks like a 2nd and 5th this year or a second this year and a third next year and that only if he really wants to trade him, and there has been no evidence of that as of yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Just cannot believe more teams not intrested in Cousins. Like what I've seen from him, in NFL games. Know nothing about Mallet. If Im a first year Head Coach, Im staying away from unknowns.
    Definetly not giving up High Pick, when Im in rebuilding mode. McCarron is in same boat as Mallet to me. Just one has been on sidelines, other hasn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

If they get a3 for mallet they are doing good....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Another thing by this time he should have been pushing Brady for time in games. From good Practices. BB never a guy not afraid to change or at least give some time to QB, if he shows well in practice. Plenty of games where 4th quarter, this shouldn't be an issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I would say Houston certainly needs a QB and the coach there knows Mallett...it makes sense. I'd take their second rounder for Mallett all day. This sounds like a win win for both sides...O'Brien/Mallett will get the usual one year grace period new hires and new qb's get, but they also have the added benefit of being on a team that has some real talent. Mallett will have a running game and some guys to throw to, plus their defense has been pretty good when healthy. 

As for us we would have three picks in the top 64...ammo to move up...or the chance to grab a DT, receiver and another corner. Our offensive line needs interior help, having three higher picks might mean we could draft a guy later than we might need to. It all makes sense, which means it probably won't happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't see NE landing Houston's Rd 2 pick for Mallet.  Their 3rd (65 overall) or 4th (97 overall and essentially a 3rd) I can see, but not the 33rd overall pick.  I hope I'm wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see NE landing Houston's Rd 2 pick for Mallet.  Their 3rd (65 overall) or 4th (97 overall and essentially a 3rd) I can see, but not the 33rd overall pick.  I hope I'm wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I would say #65 and a conditional 2015 pick (4-6 round range) is realistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we could swap 2nd round picks and get their 4rth! We move up 27 spots and get a valuable early 4rth rounder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we could swap 2nd round picks and get their 4rth! We move up 27 spots and get a valuable early 4rth rounder.

[/QUOTE]

That's prob more realistic, IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about both the 3 & 4?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would think the Pats want to stay in the second rd as once you get into the third and fourth rounds the likelyhood of finding a keeper really starts dropping off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying 65 and 97 for Mallet?  We're essentially talking about a 2nd and a 3rd there and you'd prob see that before you'd see them land #33, IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying 65 and 97 for Mallet?  We're essentially talking about a 2nd and a 3rd there and you'd prob see that before you'd see them land #33, IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I would do that deal, but Houston won't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If I was Houston I'd offer up 2015 picks. It's OB's first draft he wants to use every pick I bet.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I still say he stays in NE when this is all said and done.  These trade scenarios are fun to consider, but we went through this same thing last year with the Mallet rumors.  I think we keep him for at least one more season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Underhill tweets: Don’t see them getting 33.

The #33 would probably need significantly more than Mallet to be had.