O'Brien wants more Price in offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: O'Brien wants more Price in offense

Been waiting for this, I hope it will meet my expectations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

I've been calling for this since pre-season. Obrien now sees it? H*ck, I could coach the PATS for less than Obrien makes. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I prefer Ocho in his decoy role drawing double teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Seeing as he has zero catches for zero yards, it would be hard to have him less involved in the offense. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think BBs meritocracy may have a flaw in that it doesn't allow younger players to come in. Potential has to play a role to some degree, it is nearly impossible for a rookie to look better than a mediocre veteran in their first year or two as they learn the system. At some point you have to let the more talented young guys get the reps to become the better players. Price may not be better than Branch or Ocho now, but if he doesn't start playing with the first team in games and practices he never will be. Of course some guys just don't have it. Rookies almost never see time in the BB system unless there is an injury. I sometimes wonder if they are given a fair chance in practice to beat out a veteran for their position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

November, 1, 2011
    Nov 1
    12:41
    PM ET
    AP Photo/Winslow TownsonCould Taylor Price see an increased role moving forward?
    Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien said Tuesday that he'd like to get wide receiver Taylor Price more snaps in the offense moving forward.

"He's practiced well," said O'Brien. "We need to get him in there more. He's done a good job in practice and he's a guy we gotta give some more reps to in the game."

Pressed on how that might happen, O'Brien noted, "We're figuring all of that out right now. You'll see that on Sunday."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Good to hear that the kid might get his shot soon. Ocho has been ineffective, Price is younger and has tons of upside, let's see what he can do!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Love to see what this kid can do with more snaps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Vs the Steelers, Price came in for Branch (I think he lost his shoe) and runs a deep route.  Price beats his mand and is completely open.  Brady is under pressure and underthows Price, incomplete.  We don't hear from Price again for the rest of the day.  Just 1 target for the day.  Why?

Teams are putting DBs up in the box to shut down NE's short passing scheme.  They do not respect NE's ability to go deep.  The Pats need to find a way to stretch the defense and hit on some deep routes to keep their opponents honest and make them pay. 

Enter Taylor Price, New England's only real deep threat.  It's about time, Mr Obrien. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: O'Brien wants more Price in offense:
    [QUOTE]Vs the Steelers, Price came in for Branch (I think he lost his shoe) and runs a deep route.  Price beats his mand and is completely open.  Brady is under pressure and underthows Price, incomplete.  We don't hear from Price again for the rest of the day.  Just 1 target for the day.  Why? Teams are putting DBs up in the box to shut down NE's short passing scheme.  They do not respect NE's ability to go deep.  The Pats need to find a way to stretch the defense and hit on some deep routes to keep their opponents honest and make them pay.  Enter Taylor Price, New England's only real deep threat.  It's about time, Mr Obrien. 
    Posted by bobomul[/QUOTE]

I saw this too, I was disappointed in Tom for missing such a wide open throw. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Its nice to know Obrien has a pulse. I wish he would say he wanted to use his RB's as well. I'm all for giving Price a shot but Dieon Branch was our best receiver last Sunday.

On a side note if we didn't use Chad in a pass heavy offense against a team that he has played twice a year for a decade then what are we keeping him around for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

It was a shame to see Brady miss Price when he was so wide open on that play.  That could have been a game changing touchdown play.  Nevertheless, encouraging that Price absolutely torched the defender deep.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ocho is 6'1" 190 lbs

Price is 6' 200 lbs

I see them as being the same type of sideline/outside the #'s threat, with Price maybe a bit harder to handle for DB's at this point in their careers.

Before the season you assumed Ocho would still have the skills to make teams double cover him or worry about his ability to go deep therefore being a good decoy for Branch/Welker and the TE's while still getting 3-4 catches a game and a TD maybe every 2-3 games.

Obviously that has not happened. If you give him more time maybe he will become comfortable enough to get 2-3 catches and so on....

But Price is likely ready now and I would at leats give him 20 snaps, 6-7 targets and 2-3 long ball shots next week and see what he can do. You have to throw some deep balls to keep the D honest anyhow so you might as well use this kid since Chad has looked slow and lost

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well ladi freakin' dah!

Let's go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

I want less O'Brien in the offense, he sucks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

FINALLY

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You draft a guy in the third round last year - you have him do nothing for almost two years - now you decide you just may need him? Who the hell runs this team nowadays? Pete Freaken Carroll?! We need a deep threat, everyone knows this. Apparently his name is Price and he's on our roster, why the hell have they waited this long to decide they need to get him involved. Don't they develop players anymore? What have they been doing with this guy for two years? Supposedly he's looked just great in practice - so you don't put him in a game because Ocho Cinco is lighting the world on fire? Did it take Edelman touching a woman in her bathing suit area in a night club for them to give this guy a chance? 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I read this. And as the OC, he's the one that can make it happen. Just put him on the field. What's taken so long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O'Brien wants more Price in offense : "On a side note if we didn't use Chad in a pass heavy offense against a team that he has played twice a year for a decade then what are we keeping him around for?" becasue it will be a HUGE STORY and embarrassment if we dropped ocho during the season
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

So, you think Bill Belichick is worried about being embarrassed? You think he wouldn't drop any player in mid season because he is worried about how it looks?  You mean how he just dropped Bodden mid season after rewarding his good play after 09?

You and I have been watching a different coach for the past decade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O'Brien wants more Price in offense : " You draft a guy in the third round last year - you have him do nothing for almost two years - now you decide you just may need him? Who the hell runs this team nowadays?" freeakin thank you. someone who knows how a pro football team is supposed to function.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

We haven't put Price in the game because the receiving core and Tom Brady has been top 3 in the league all year. that is not the problem. The problem is that we ignore what a defense is doing and throw into a crowded secondary anyway.

We have 5 Rb's who have all looked like they have skill, and an offensive line built to maul. Throwing 35 times and having Kevin Faulk lead your rushing attack with 6 carries is a problem. Nothing else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Its nice to know Obrien has a pulse. I wish he would say he wanted to use his RB's as well. I'm all for giving Price a shot but Dieon Branch was our best receiver last Sunday. On a side note if we didn't use Chad in a pass heavy offense against a team that he has played twice a year for a decade then what are we keeping him around for?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

"On a side note if we didn't use Chad in a pass heavy offense against a team that he has played twice a year for a decade then what are we keeping him around for?"

becasue it will be a HUGE STORY and embarrassment if we dropped ocho during the season

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]You draft a guy in the third round last year - you have him do nothing for almost two years - now you decide you just may need him? Who the hell runs this team nowadays? Pete Freaken Carroll?! We need a deep threat, everyone knows this. Apparently his name is Price and he's on our roster, why the hell have they waited this long to decide they need to get him involved. Don't they develop players anymore? What have they been doing with this guy for two years? Supposedly he's looked just great in practice - so you don't put him in a game because Ocho Cinco is lighting the world on fire? Did it take Edelman touching a woman in her bathing suit area in a night club for them to give this guy a chance? 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

"You draft a guy in the third round last year - you have him do nothing for almost two years - now you decide you just may need him? Who the hell runs this team nowadays?"

freeakin thank you.
    someone who knows how a pro football team is supposed to function.