OC or DC who is needed more?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: OC or DC who is needed more?

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? : If you think losing those three/four has nothing to do with it you're a moron. These guys bring that experience, knowledge of opposing teams having faced them so many times, brains and motivation. All things this D lacks. How long has Mayo been in the league? Not enough to be the captain, he's a great player but still learning. Nobody knows how to blitz, every time they try the O lines pick it up easy because Mayo and Pees aren't up to the jobs they have.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

If Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, and Harrison were the people who taught other players to blitz, what the hell did the DC do in the championship years? You just made a case for needing a new DC. And Pullllezzzze, if a team needs one guy to get them going then they should hire Dick Butkus for a motivational talk during half-time. Old guys would not help this defense, just a pass-rush. 

It's either going to be Crable next year, or we bring someone in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

to a degree the vets do teach the young guys.if anything,they were feild generals makeing sure everyone was in there spot.instead of looking lost and out of place like they are now.good leadership is missing on the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? : If you think losing those three/four has nothing to do with it you're a moron. These guys bring that experience, knowledge of opposing teams having faced them so many times, brains and motivation. All things this D lacks. How long has Mayo been in the league? Not enough to be the captain, he's a great player but still learning. Nobody knows how to blitz, every time they try the O lines pick it up easy because Mayo and Pees aren't up to the jobs they have.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

You guys just need a HD camera....LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Well the thing is with the D is not only do you need a new DC but you need some real veteran players as well but with the O you really just need a good OC and the rest is there. Maybe a X receiver would help but Aikin is not too bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I find it hard to believe that with all of sitting here saying we need a new coach and talking about the players and what not that we haven't had more people talking on this thread. Who are some of the coaches you would like to see here as a DC or a OC?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I find it hard to believe that with all of sitting here saying we need a new coach and talking about the players and what not that we haven't had more people talking on this thread. Who are some of the coaches you would like to see here as a DC or a OC?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Because we certainly do NOT need a new DC.

If Brady had more than a 52% completetion mark and 60 passer rating in the 2nd half of road games no one would be freaking out about the team or the D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

True but you dont think maybe having a good OC in his ear all game might help? Maybe someone who knows what they are doing? because right now the OC is a first year QB coach with no NFL experience as a OC and he is killing the offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]True but you dont think maybe having a good OC in his ear all game might help? Maybe someone who knows what they are doing? because right now the OC is a first year QB coach with no NFL experience as a OC and he is killing the offense.

I would have to look into to form an opinion. I am not going to be knee jerk like so many without first doing the homework about it.

How does this offense compare to Josh McD's 1st year as an "unnamed OC"? Things like that.

They are a veteren experienced offense. The majority of talent on the team is on the offense side of the ball. I think it is reasonable to do this sort or transition with an OC in this situation. They've done it before. Will he earn the OC nod from BB or not i have no idea.

In the 4 years Dean has been DC his defenses have ranked 2nd, 4th, 8th, and 7th in ppg allowed. When he was linebackers coach here in his first year the defense was ranked 2nd in ppg allowed.

The combined ranking in ppg allowed in that 4 year span is 3rd behind only the steelers and Ravens AND 3rd by less than 1/2 a point per game.

I simply do not think he or the BB defensive system is "the" problem. Can they help out the Offense this year? Not so much but i don't think many expected it from this young/new group going into the season.

I also do not think that people thought the offense would be completely stone cold shutdown in the 2nd half of every "true" road game this year. That, IMHO is the problem so far this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this is true to a point,but how many points does the offense need to put up before they are not held liable for the defense failures?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

1) Pees has been a good Defensive Coordinator....he has been the DC for a few year now and we have had a top 10 to 15 defensive team every year.

2) We currently do not have an OC.....

So I guess the correct and SMART answer would be an OC.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

i would say OC. the playcalling is dreadful and does nothing to maximize the talent we have on that side of the ball. the defensive side seems to be more of a lack of talent and experience, and less due to scheme. besides maybe if we had a legit OC that BB could just hand the reigns over to the coach and brady and get the hell outta the way, and go back to putting more of his personal imprint on the D. been awhile since we have seen any of those masterful BB defensive gameplans no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

This whole team could use a thorough D and C. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

How can anyone in their right mind choose defense? Who went into this year thinking we would have a good defense?  I sure know I didn't and they are top 10 in points given up per game. Zero 2nd half points in the Denver and Jets game and either of those alone wrap up the division let alone that we score literally half the points in 2nd half than we do in the 1st. The D is clearly trying to get younger and are in rebuild mode...sorry no such free pass for the offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In the 4 years Dean has been DC his defenses have ranked 2nd, 4th, 8th, and 7th in ppg allowed. When he was linebackers coach here in his first year the defense was ranked 2nd in ppg allowed.

This was exactly my point that we need an OC first. Pees may be capable of being the DC but only if he has help on the field. They lost too much experience and now we have a squad of highly talented kids with little direction. His lack of getting them up on game day may be his demise but for right now we need an OC fast. 
    OB doesn't have a clue how to close out games. We lost how many now in the 4th? All this guy does is panic and try to go downfield way too much and we end up giving it back for someone else to pull off a comeback.

49-to answer your question he probably didn't have to do much with all the experience they had then and nobody's arguing with you that the #1 thing we need on D is a pass rush. What I can't believe is you saying their leaving has nothing to do with it. This D is very talented but they're like a speedboat with no rudder in the water and we're asking Mayo to be that rudder. The kid still needs direction himself half the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]this is true to a point,but how many points does the offense need to put up before they are not held liable for the defense failures?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Week 2 loss to the Jets-9 points scored by the offense 16 allowed
    Week 5 loss to the Broncos-17 points by the O 20 allowed

Only in the Colts loss has the Offense scored more than 21 points.

I'm not saying the D has been great but how many times can we turn over the ball on fumbles and INTs and expect them to stop the other team from capitalizing?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

ok so it seems we all agree we need a new OC next year. So who is out there and who would eb a good fit?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]ok so it seems we all agree we need a new OC next year. So who is out there and who would eb a good fit?

Weis? He's already worked well with BB/TB. He likes running a short field and keeping the opposing D's on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea but thats easy, everyone and their mother wants Weis back in NE.

Anyone else? Jim Fessel? The former coach of the NY Giants who took them to a super bowl in 2000? Dennis Green? Brian Billick? Billick was the OC for the Vikings when Moss scored 17 TDs and set the points record that the Pats later broke. There are a lot of options out there so lets look past Weis and see what we get.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Yea but thats easy, everyone and their mother wants Weis back in NE. Anyone else? Jim Fessel? The former coach of the NY Giants who took them to a super bowl in 2000? Dennis Green? Brian Billick? Billick was the OC for the Vikings when Moss scored 17 TDs and set the points record that the Pats later broke. There are a lot of options out there so lets look past Weis and see what we get.

Billick? Seriously? What offense did he ever cultivate during his time in Baltimore?

Do you think Josh Mc D was a good OC? If you do, and i have no idea if you and oranyone does, but if anyone thought that then I think you have to wait and see.

The reason I say that is because in Josh's 1st "unnamed" OC year the offense was ranked 7th over all in total offense and scored an avg. of 23.7 PPG. O'brien on the other hand has the overall total offense ranked 2nd and scoring an avg. of 27.3 ppg.

Now i know O'brien has more talent in his first "unnamed" year as OC but his squads offensive stats are better with those better players. Both Josh and O'brien faced criticism in the 1st years when they were still titled QB coaches yet everyone considered them the OC's.

Are the 2nd half woe's of the offense in road games a product of poor game planning? Not logically since the game plan was working for the first half. Are they a product of poor play calling, lack of adjustments, or simply failed execution by the offense as a whole? I have no idea.

Also for those that have talked about halftime adjustments. PLease use some logic. When you go out in a half and do everything you want and its working, you do not go running into halftime to make wholesale changes. The other team does.

They just seem to be having a difficult job executing plan B, when it comes time for it, on the road in the 2nd half. If someone had the simple exact answer to it I am sure BB has a job for you. :)

The last thing I'll mention is continuity. If they were to change or rather officially name someone other than O'brien as the OC I believe it has to be someone willing to learn and utilize the same offensive system they have been running. I belive thats why they have done it this way from within.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I was not saying lets hire Billick cause i agree he is overrated I am just saying there are a lot of veteran OCs out there other then Charlie Weis so lets talk about it. To put it simple i am tired of the same old sh*t being said and talked about and would rather have a legit conversation about the coaches in this league who dont have jobs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Both, bring back Wies and Crennel

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? : Because we certainly do NOT need a new DC. If Brady had more than a 52% completetion mark and 60 passer rating in the 2nd half of road games no one would be freaking out about the team or the D.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]
     so how many points does the offense need to score before they are not accountable for the defense failures?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? : Week 2 loss to the Jets-9 points scored by the offense 16 allowed Week 5 loss to the Broncos-17 points by the O 20 allowed Only in the Colts loss has the Offense scored more than 21 points. I'm not saying the D has been great but how many times can we turn over the ball on fumbles and INTs and expect them to stop the other team from capitalizing?
    Posted by Evil2009
    dont forget the 31-14 lead in the 4th qtr against the colts.gotta love that defense!plus the pats first 5 games brady did look rusty,and it did reflect on the offense,but after missing a year with a knee injury i guess it can happen.if there is one flaw other then the o-line protecting brady.it would be the lack of diffrent style lineups and formations.nothing is diffrent,and the pats are predictable in what they will do on any down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]ok so it seems we all agree we need a new OC next year. So who is out there and who would eb a good fit?
    how do you figure everyone agrees?half this board is saying defense the other for offense.the rest is saying both.