OC or DC who is needed more?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

OC or DC who is needed more?

I would say the DC is needed.ive heard blame put on brady,maroney,moss,watson.but i have to wonder why does the offense always have to carry the team?how many points does the offense have to put up before they are not to be blamed?sure some offensive calls have been head scratchers.sure brady has missed some targets,but tell me what team,or QB hasnt?we had huge leads,and great points put up that would give most teams in the league a victory.the defense cant get much of a pass rush.they get run over by a running back.they get killed in the passing game.they cant protect a lead.no matter by how many points it is.or what quarter in the game.I have to say the offense is just fine,and like all the rest of the teams in the league,they have there share of mistakes,but this defense cant protect any kind of lead,or do they help the pats period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: OC or DC who is needed more?

this is true.the defense is terrible,and cant do anything to stop other teams.yes some play calls are bad.but not that bad to where its the reason the team lost certain games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If I had to choose between the two it would definately be the DEFENSE!  The play calling is horrible, but NE has put up enough points on the Offense to win games, but the defense failed to make any play or stops when it mattered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I see them both either leaving or being reassigned next year. On D they can't hold onto a lead. They have no leadership on the field. Mayo is not experienced enough to be the captain and the lack of senior leadership has hurt big time. Losing Bruschi, Vrabal and Seymore has killed them. They have no rush and QB's have way too much time and now even people like Orton and Henne have time to pick them apart.
    On O I've been screaming that Obrien s*ucks since Denver. It could have been sooner but the TB rehab hid the fact that this guy is not qualified. The line can't spring the run and it's forcing the play calling. Now that we have to throw it opens up another weakness, a third receiver. Nobody is stepping up to take the role and that means TB has two reads. This means the O line has to hold their blocks longer and we end up in this vicious circle of bad play.
    Obrien should be calling plays to get the ball out of TB's sooner and stick to it. The O looks great early in games when they play a ball control type game. Then they get away from it and start taking way too many chances downfield. When you can't run the ball 2nd and ten isn't where you want to be.

I think the OC is needed more. The D needs a pass rusher and more leadership on the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

True that they have no leadership on defense and it definately shows, but they are not making any stops.  They are to conservative on defense.  It like they just react to plays instead of attacking.  They have no fire and NE should hire a DC that could put that fire in them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This has nothing to do with Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, or Seymour. The problem with the Pats defense is their inabilty to pressure the QB, and last I checked, none of those guys were LT, besides Seymour in his early years, so how would they help? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to OC or DC who is needed more?:
    I would say the DC is needed.ive heard blame put on brady,maroney,moss,watson.but i have to wonder why does the offense always have to carry the team?how many points does the offense have to put up before they are not to be blamed?sure some offensive calls have been head scratchers.sure brady has missed some targets,but tell me what team,or QB hasnt?we had huge leads,and great points put up that would give most teams in the league a victory.the defense cant get much of a pass rush.they get run over by a running back.they get killed in the passing game.they cant protect a lead.no matter by how many points it is.or what quarter in the game.I have to say the offense is just fine,and like all the rest of the teams in the league,they have there share of mistakes,but this defense cant protect any kind of lead,or do they help the pats period.
    Posted by mosseffect43

to me.... it is without queston a D.C

Pees hid in the shadows while capers worked miracles with the defense more specifically the secondary last year. I think pees is okay. But okay is not good enough. Theoretically, Bill would have a hand in this jar but he is obviously overwhelmed this year because of the lack of an O.C

Truthfully we need both. But to me...  Brady is the real O.C with input from Obrien and BB

I think this team needs an overhaul. Coaching is poor.

PLUS get rid of burgess and any other attitude problems. Its contageous as shown by this mornings absence

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I AGREE THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BIGGER NEED FOR A PASS RUSHER. THE LACK OF A GOOD PASS RUSH IS WHY THE SECONDARY HAS HOLES.

OUR CORNERS ARE GOOD!!!!!!

BUT NOT IF THE QB GETS SO MUCH TIME

WAKE UP CALL THIS YEAR.

I AM PERSONALLY GOING TO HOPE THAT THE PATS GET TEBOW IN THE 2nd ROUND. NOT ONLY WOULD HE BRING SOME PASSION BACK TO THIS TEAM BUT BB COULD USE HIM AS A LURE TO CHARLIE WEISS

FIX THIS OFFENSE

MAKE TEBOW A REAL QB 

THAT WOULD CERTAINLY BE A BIGGER ACCOMPLISHMENT THAN ANYTHING THAT COULD BE DONE FOR CUTLER/QUINN

I KNOW .... I KNOW..... but I can dream right......

and I can dream about Romy too........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more?:
    [QUOTE]This has nothing to do with Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, or Seymour. The problem with the Pats defense is their inabilty to pressure the QB, and last I checked, none of those guys were LT, besides Seymour in his early years, so how would they help? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

If you think losing those three/four has nothing to do with it you're a moron. These guys bring that experience, knowledge of opposing teams having faced them so many times, brains and motivation. All things this D lacks. How long has Mayo been in the league? Not enough to be the captain, he's a great player but still learning.
    Nobody knows how to blitz, every time they try the O lines pick it up easy because Mayo and Pees aren't up to the jobs they have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This is easy....OC

The D was great at the beginning of the year, 3 weeks ago we were all on this D's bandwagon. And Dean Pees as much as I dont like him has been here a while and is not as bad as our OC. Our OC cant call a game, cant get the plays in on time and cant close out games. We need a new OC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

DC..300+ yards passing to a running team like Miami.
    Week in and week out the pass defense is terrible, at least recently in big games.
    Pass defense means both coverage skills and pass rush..one is not more important than the other. Both seem to be lacking.
    In the losses to Den, Indy, NO, and Mia they have given up 300+ yards passing in each game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I think our D backs would look like all pro's if we had a pass rush. And that's not a coaching issue its a personnel issue. We don't have a good pass rusher and so the D backs look bad. The O on the other hand has all the right players and still cant click...that's coaching. We need a new OC

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

No contest it's the OC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I am glad at least one other person agrees with me that we need a OC more then a new DC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

If I had to chose one right now I'd say OC.  Play calling has been killing this unit.

The Defense just plain suc ks.  There's no quick fix for it.  You can't fix players with no talent they need to be replace and that starts next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The DC can just chill I guess until we get some new players on D. All the pressure is on the OC it seems.
    Must be nice to have no expectations if you are Pees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

The NO's game was a lot closer than the score indicated.  Every game they've lost has been due to the "big play" ability of other teams.  The defense needs something, but what it is I'm not sure.  Wilfork only looks good in flashes.  The pass rush is not a rush its a push - not enough pressure.  It may be time to replace Dean P. with Crennel or start drafting defensive players. 
    The O needs work too, but they should win with the points they put up.  I'm afraid that with a loss to the Jags this team falls apart. 
    No excuses.  We've been spoiled for years by a winning franchise.  Now it looks like the old "Patsies" are back.  Sad, but inevitable.  Kildog 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

No talent is a bit harsh.

Mayo - loads of talent
    Guyton - has shown he has talent

Adalius Thomas - has not lived up to his contract but with that said I think if he had a better supporting cast around him he would be a good player, he has talent

Derek Burrgess - He has talent he just does not have the brains to play in NE. If he had no talent he wouldnt have been sucha  good player for all those years so clearly he has talent he just does not fit with this team. now saying he has talent does not mean I am saying he is D Ware or something just that he is not a bum.

Tully Banta Cain - Has talent and leads the team in sacks

Leigh Bodden - Has loads of talent but needs a pass rush.

Jonathan Wilhite - Has lots of talent as a nickel back but not as a starter and also no pass rush makes him look bad

Darius Butler - loads of talent but is too young for us to expect him to not make mistakes.

Shawn Springs - has talent but is getting older and maybe not what we thought he would be. But that does not mean he has no talent. Also he might come on in the playoffs and help us make a push.

Wheatly - I want to call him a bust but still think its too soon. He has talent as a kick returner and as a back up CB but he does seem to be a bust as a 2nd round pick.

James Sanders - has talent at safety and if anything has a lot of knowledge passed down to him from Rodney.

Brandon McGowen - Has a lot of talent whether it be as a special teamer or a starting safety. He is always around the ball and he makes some big hits. He has more forced fumbles then anyone else this season.

Brandon Meriwether - Has a boat load of talent

Pat Chung - Is young enough that any mistakes he make are forgiven and has a lot of talent to bring to this team in the future

Ty Warren - Loads of talent

Vince Wilfork - loads of talent as he is the best NT in football IMO

Mike Wright - This kid has talent. He might not have J.Allen talent but he hustles, and works hard and he plays above himself. talent.

Jarvis Green - Dude has talent

Myron Pryer - Kid has a lot of talent for a late round draft pick.

Ron Brace - Too early to tell if he is a bust or not but he has talent. Not sure if he has a lot of talent but he has talent.

I think thats the entire D right there and it seems to me they all have talent. They might not all be al stars but they all have talent and they can all contribute to this team either in STs or on D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This question is too tough so I'm going to do the American thing and take both because both sides look hideous right now. Tack on a few good players in the draft and free agency too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Ok, they have lots of Talent.  I guess that means their either really really dumb or poor athletes since their always out of position and a step behind.

Either way killa the only thing fixing this Defense is new and better quality players next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if you read every post i put up.you will know i have never been on this years defense bandwagon,but we could also say the O-line is dinged up,or not that great by letting 3,and 4 guys get pressure on brady before he is ready to pass.this isnt a coaching issue,but the players blocking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more?:
    [QUOTE]No talent is a bit harsh. Mayo - loads of talent Guyton - has shown he has talent Adalius Thomas - has not lived up to his contract but with that said I think if he had a better supporting cast around him he would be a good player, he has talent Derek Burrgess - He has talent he just does not have the brains to play in NE. If he had no talent he wouldnt have been sucha  good player for all those years so clearly he has talent he just does not fit with this team. now saying he has talent does not mean I am saying he is D Ware or something just that he is not a bum. Tully Banta Cain - Has talent and leads the team in sacks Leigh Bodden - Has loads of talent but needs a pass rush. Jonathan Wilhite - Has lots of talent as a nickel back but not as a starter and also no pass rush makes him look bad Darius Butler - loads of talent but is too young for us to expect him to not make mistakes. Shawn Springs - has talent but is getting older and maybe not what we thought he would be. But that does not mean he has no talent. Also he might come on in the playoffs and help us make a push. Wheatly - I want to call him a bust but still think its too soon. He has talent as a kick returner and as a back up CB but he does seem to be a bust as a 2nd round pick. James Sanders - has talent at safety and if anything has a lot of knowledge passed down to him from Rodney. Brandon McGowen - Has a lot of talent whether it be as a special teamer or a starting safety. He is always around the ball and he makes some big hits. He has more forced fumbles then anyone else this season. Brandon Meriwether - Has a boat load of talent Pat Chung - Is young enough that any mistakes he make are forgiven and has a lot of talent to bring to this team in the future Ty Warren - Loads of talent Vince Wilfork - loads of talent as he is the best NT in football IMO Mike Wright - This kid has talent. He might not have J.Allen talent but he hustles, and works hard and he plays above himself. talent. Jarvis Green - Dude has talent Myron Pryer - Kid has a lot of talent for a late round draft pick. Ron Brace - Too early to tell if he is a bust or not but he has talent. Not sure if he has a lot of talent but he has talent. I think thats the entire D right there and it seems to me they all have talent. They might not all be al stars but they all have talent and they can all contribute to this team either in STs or on D.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE] they can do everything,but prevent teams from scoreing.or hold on to a lead.if they all have talent which many do,but they fail to get it done can only mean one thing.the DC,and the adjustments,and calls he is makeing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

K max I am not disagreeing with you, next year we do need a few upgrades and a few new players but its not like we are going to overhaul the entire defense. You made it sound like no one on the D had any talent at all and that is not true. A lot of our young players are very talented but they are young. Guys like Burgess and Adalius Thomas are sopossed be doing a better job and they are not so yes we do need to find some new players and some more talented players but the guys we have can all play football. Not all of them should be starting players and thats were I think we get mixed up. I am not saying everyone is super talented I am saying they all have talent but some of them are being asked to start and the shouldnt be. Guys like Wilhite should be nickel CBs not starting but he is asked to start and therefore looks like a bum. But he is no bum he is a good young CB he is just being asked to do more then he can handle. If we can pick a few good veteran players and a pass rusher we will be all set. This D is a few good men away from being a championship D IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

DC,

If your guys can't get to the QB rushing only 3 players, you don't rush 3 players all game. If your guys can't get to the QB rushing 4 players, you don't rush 4 all game. If your guys can't get to the QB rushing 5 or 6 then you don't do that all game. If you are bringing the house on a third and 5, you don't send your DBs back 10 yards at the snap of the ball. I've seen this over and over all season long and it seems to start as soon as the Pats get a lead. Tell me that is talent and not the defense that is called.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I agree that the DC is no good but if I had to choose between a new DC and a new OC I would pick the OC. The offense play calling has been as bad as I have ever seen it in the Belichick era.

Dean Pees has had good units in the past he has had top 10 defenses so he might not be who we want but he is better then O Brian on offense. Belichick is a defensive master mind so he can help Pees but having a bad OC is killing this offense. So all though i agree we need a new DC if i had to chose between a new DC and a new OC I will pick the new OC. Losing Josh McDanials was the biggest blow to this team.

Sections
Shortcuts