OC or DC who is needed more?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: OC or DC who is needed more?

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? :  so how many points does the offense need to score before they are not accountable for the defense failures?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I would say more than the amount of points is the ability to get a single first down to close out a game when you need it. That would have helped alot in a few games.
    The offense has the stars, the hype and the experience.

The D is absolutely NOT excused, simply hard to "kill" them when we all knew they would be young and not "great" going into the season. They are giving up 18.7 points a game avg. I think most people had anticipated that being enough with what we "expected" (maybe unrealistically, especially early in the season) from this offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OC or DC who is needed more? : dont forget the 31-14 lead in the 4th qtr against the colts.gotta love that defense!plus the pats first 5 games brady did look rusty,and it did reflect on the offense,but after missing a year with a knee injury i guess it can happen.if there is one flaw other then the o-line protecting brady.it would be the lack of diffrent style lineups and formations.nothing is diffrent,and the pats are predictable in what they will do on any down.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Your correct sir... BUT

A couple of things:

1st I think most people thought going into the game that if they were going to win it would be in a shootout and in the 30's. It was but they lost y 1 point with :13 seconds left.

2nd the D gave up long scoring drives which i already said you were correct about  but you left out the part about the Pats offense having 6 posessions and only one sustained drive that gained more than 30 yards.

The last point I absolutely agree with you on 1000% but I have complained about this even long before this year. As a fan with friends sitting on the couch watching out team on offense you can just look at the personel on the field, the formation they are in and guess the play a very large portion of the time.

People really only complain when things are going bad(losing) but i was dropping f-bombs at the TV about it before this year. This year seems to be worse. I agree, fine still run the same plays but how about running them out of some varying formations at the very least. ...but that's just my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Let's not forget all the OC/ DC's who  left BB and the Patriots for HC jobs- Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, McDaniels, as well as other coaches- and still BB  continued to be  successful. Between retirements, trades, and coach attrition, this year may be a dip on the graph.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Are the 2nd half woe's of the offense in road games a product of poor game planning? Not logically since the game plan was working for the first half. Are they a product of poor play calling, lack of adjustments, or simply failed execution by the offense as a whole? I have no idea.

LowFB, The reason for the losses are the combination of both. The defense can't stop people and the offense can't stay on the field. 
    You ask if it's game planning and it may be but I don't think it is. I think they practice a number of plays that could work against anyone and I also think they practice a number of plays that they think they have an advantage with against the team they're playing that week. I believe the reason for the night and day performances from 1st to 2nd half is they get away from the balanced short game attack and start going downfield too much. When TB distributes it to 6 different guys with short passes and screens there's no team in the league that can stop them. When they come out and whip it downfield on 1st, run it for 2 on 2nd the opposing defenses have their ears pinned back and it makes it really difficult to sustain drives.

People really only complain when things are going bad(losing) but i was dropping f-bombs at the TV about it before this year. This year seems to be worse. I agree, fine still run the same plays but how about running them out of some varying formations at the very least. ...but that's just my opinion.

This is my point, OB has no imagination. It scares the h*ll out of me when we play Miami because of the unpredictability they bring. I'm not saying we run the cat but how about something to mix it up a couple times a game. It doesn't have to be downfield, anything to break up the predictability of this offense and I blame OB. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

I haven't been impressed with O'Brien when it matters or when NE needed a tough 1st down.  I wonder if Weis is considering a return or if BB would ask him back. Personally, I wouldn't mind it at all if he came back.  But, is it an unspoken rule in the NFL that if you leave as either and OC or DC that you can never come back? 

I don't know if the DC needs to be replaced but the defense hasn't had that swagger since Crennel left.  Is it a player thing?  Have we lost too many coaches to other coaching pursuits? 

The last time the Pats won a superbowl, Crennel and Weis were the OC and DC respectively.  Kind of makes one think....

Sections
Shortcuts