Ocho A Steep Price To Pay - Lesson Learned!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Ocho A Steep Price To Pay - Lesson Learned!!

Ocho -  5th round pick in 2012 and a 6th round pick in 2013.
    Salary - 6M more than welker + branch 

Cutting young guys like Tate , And Price without Giving Them A Chance .
    Lesson Learned  :
    1. No More Aging Receiver's worth that money sorry reggie wayne .
    2.  5 and 6 round picks sometimes matters - take a look at brady .
    3. cutting young guys without giving them a chance , tell that tate wouldn't have a better season than no show ,
    price didnt even get a chance.
    4. Distraction - Helping welker and other offensive players getting twitter accounts-
    Losing focus on the main cause.
    5. Former Diva Players Unwanted look at Haynsworth .

Next Year I hope we can bring some young blood no more dumb trades for
    over the hill players 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: Ocho A Steep Price To Pay - Lesson Learned!!

In Response to Ocho A Steep Price To Pay - Lesson Learned!!:
    [QUOTE]Ocho -   5th round pick in 2012 and a 6th round pick in 2013. Salary - 6M more than welker + branch  Cutting young guys like Tate , And Price without Giving Them A Chance . Lesson Learned  : 1. No More Aging Recievers worth that money  sorry reggie wayne . 2.  5 and 6 round picks sometimes matters - take a look at brady . 3. cutting young guys without giving them a chance , tell that tate wouldnt have a better season than no show , price didnt even get a chance. 4. Distraction - Hellping welker and other offensive players getting twitter accounts- Losing focus on the main cause. 5. Former Diva Players Unwanted look at Haynsworth . Next Year I hope we can bring some young blood no more dumb trades for over the hill players 
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

true true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Thats cause BB has no eye for talent..  He thinks he can find gems in the late rounds cause he got lucky with Brady.. the result of that is no more SB wins

And those saying BB made Parcells give that up now.  it was Parcells BB Weis and Crennel..   BB needs real coordinators  and he needs to keep and use his high draft picks..  Then the SB wins will return

Thank god someone talked him into picking the TE's a couple years ago..  where would this team had been without the TE's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Ocho let me down.....thought he was a better WR than I have seen this year....I don't think they looked close enough at him before picking him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

could Have Used Tate in the return Gmae Edelman Didnt do much 
    better in punt return with an open field 

Damn That OCho Trade - the price was too high

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

ocho restructured that 6m contract week 1. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Can't blame the guy all that much when Brady refuses to go to him and he coaches keep him on the bench for most of the game.  It's hard to produce or help out from there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Played 22  snaps - one catch wow 
    with gronk on one leg .

waste of damn good money and roster places for young guys 
    thats the thing you dont hold places in the roster 
    for tweeter guys 
    you hold places for productive guys

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you've watched tape of this offense over the season, you see that Ocho still had burst and separation. The problem has been on Brady, he either doesn't look his way, underthrows him or overthrows him. 

Besides Welker and Moss, name one receiver that has been success with the Patriots....exactly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Burst Or Speed  ????
    are we watching the same tape
    he couldn't get separation running wrong routes dropping passes
    false start penalties

seriously

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

He caught a few critical throws this year, and I think he could have been bigger in the SB if Brady didn't play favorites. There was no reason for Gronk to be in there as often when he was injured.

I think that our problem was really execution. Maybe we could have gone against tendency and used more 4 WR sets, but if Brady doesn't get that safety, if Nink isn't offsides during a critical 3rd down, if there aren't 12 men on the field during a fumble recovery, if Brach, Welker, and Hernandez catch the ball in the second half, if Brady doesn't throw that crazy interception by underthrowing Gronk, if that last hail mary pass worked then we wouldn't be talking about this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

So trading for Branch was a dumb trade too then?  The Pats gave up more for Branch than Ocho.  Same with the Moss trade.  Ocho reworked his deal to facilitate the trade taking a significant pay cut (I believe it was around $3M a year).  Sometimes these low risk / high reward moves don't work out, but sometimes they do (see Moss and Branch).  Considering the number of picks that we have in the upcoming draft, it would have been unlikely that late picks were going to make the roster, which has also been a problem in recent years.

I'm not sure Tate would have had a better season than Ocho, but he could have at least helped the return game.  You're aware that Haynesworth was picked up by Tampa after the Pats released him right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Ocho Info 

In addition to his $1 million salary for 2011, he also earned a $4.5 million signing bonus, meaning his total pay this year is approximately $5.5 million. 

5.5$ for waht branch trade was good 
    but ocho waste of roster space 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

maybe they were keeping him from the Jets

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho A Steep Price To Pay - Lesson Learned!!:
    [QUOTE]If you've watched tape of this offense over the season, you see that Ocho still had burst and separation. The problem has been on Brady, he either doesn't look his way, underthrows him or overthrows him.  Besides Welker and Moss, name one receiver that has been success with the Patriots....exactly. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Another knee jerk post. OK, I'll bite:
    1. Branch - several good years and a SB MVP
    2. Troy Brown...
    3. David Patten
    4. Givens
    5. Stallworth as an off the bench option stretching the field (not as a primary receiver)

If you are going to limit it to only certain years that limitation alone makes the remark shallow. And when you eliminate TEs from the list of receivers - to suit your arguement - then that makes the remark shallow too.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

rusty 
    again brady doesnt call the play's
    it's OB

chad doesnt have the speed or seperation any more 
    i am anfry about the price
    we had to pay for him

it's one of the worst BB desicion
    washout for one season

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we sould keep ocho, and sign lloyd, and keep branch/welker. 

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts