ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I know sometimes the guy goes over board,but to fine 20,000 for it is crazy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/13/undeterred-by-bribe-fine-chad-says-hes-just-starting/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1

It was a combination of him flashing the dollar and then using the word 'bribe' during the post game press conference. Suggesting the officials could be bribed even if it's an obvious joke is probably the worst thing a player can bring up in pro sport. Just ask the NBA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah, but thats ridicoulos....20k! 

They know this guy means no harm by it....i guess they are really trying to stop him to get serious.

Im sure he has lost alot of money due to fines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1:
    [QUOTE]I know sometimes the guy goes over board,but to fine 20,000 for it is crazy. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/13/undeterred-by-bribe-fine-chad-says-hes-just-starting/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I can't stand this circus clown. He's all about number one and will do anything to draw attention to himself. I'd bet money that his teammates despise him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

How much did he get paid for participating in that single game... Imagine having a ball at work like getting wasted and all your boss does is dock you say $50 out of 1 check. No suspension or even a warning to be terminated if the behavior continues... 

Chad's having fun and its fun to watch... Remember how Moss pays those kinds of fines... "STRAIGHT CASH BABY!" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Ocho Cinco is funny as heck. He pulls harmless stunts that everyone gets a laugh out of. How many post have we seen here about refs in an owners pocket. This is funny, if he wants to pay $20,000, which is not a big amount for him, who cares.... keep it coming

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I usually like his light-hearted behavior.  He remembers it's just a game.  I can see the league's position though.  What if more players started doing that when calls are made, especially bad ones?  You have to nip it in the bud.  Probably excessive, but I think the league takes anything questioning/mocking the integrity of the game seriously.  As sad as this is, you know that if more and more players "joked" like that, more and more people would agree with that Wendylee girl who started the All Pro Sports are Fixed thread.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

In Response to Re: ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1:
    [QUOTE]In Response to ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1 : I can't stand this circus clown. He's all about number one and will do anything to draw attention to himself. I'd bet money that his teammates despise him.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

the dudes hilarious - hes good for the game. I for one enjoy laughing and having a good time watching ENTERTAINMENT. It would be stupid if hes a terrible player, breaking the law every offseason, and then pulling these jokes. But when youre one of the top 10 best receivers in the league and not hurting anyone but your wallet. Let it roll.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

this is just about right on.  You just cannot mock something that is at the very foundation of the sport.  Can't do it.  Worse than throat slashing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmb106. Show nmb106's posts

Ocho is a hero, he doesn't take himself too seriously, but competes as fiercely as anyone. I love his stunts and antics, and the NFL shouldn't be trying to stamp personality out of the sport.

Wouldn't you just love to see Chad in a Patriots uniform too, what a #3 receiver!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It's just showmanship.  The NFL and everyone else knows it.  Football is entertainment and I think the NFL takes it's self a little too seriously.  That fine was ridiculous.  I'm not a huge fan of some of these guys antics but when a little imagination goes into it,  what the heck?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

To play both sides of the fence, the NFL should have fined him, just one dollar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho is a hero, he doesn't take himself too seriously, but competes as fiercely as anyone. I love his stunts and antics, and the NFL shouldn't be trying to stamp personality out of the sport. Wouldn't you just love to see Chad in a Patriots uniform too, what a #3 receiver!!
    Posted by nmb106[/QUOTE]

A hero? That's become the most watered down word in the English language. These days everybody is a hero so no one is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho is a hero, he doesn't take himself too seriously, but competes as fiercely as anyone. I love his stunts and antics, and the NFL shouldn't be trying to stamp personality out of the sport. Wouldn't you just love to see Chad in a Patriots uniform too, what a #3 receiver!!
    Posted by nmb106[/QUOTE]

I dont think BB would mind having him on his team. (neither would I)

I dont think he would fit, but he and BB have alot of respect for each other. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

What ever happened to Professional in Professional Athlete.
    The guys a clown and an embarrassment always trying to draw attention to himself.

I remember when football players were real men.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]To play both sides of the fence, the NFL should have fined him, just one dollar.
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE] there you go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]What ever happened to Professional in Professional Athlete. The guys a clown and an embarrassment always trying to draw attention to himself. I remember when football players were real men.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE] didnt he become a dentist?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ocho cinco fined 20,000 for flashing 1 : didnt he become a dentist?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

The dude is funny. He gets the $20k back from sponsorship. Any company would pay $20k to have their glove on his hand holding the dollar bill and then be on every sports news station. But you have to make sure bribing is taken very seriously. I see it both ways.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

Ok...sure...he violated a rule and because of that should be punished.  I understand.  If you don't punish him then where do you draw the line.  But show that you have a sense of humor.  It would have been hilarious if the NFL fined him $1.00 for his "bribe"!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]What ever happened to Professional in Professional Athlete. The guys a clown and an embarrassment always trying to draw attention to himself. I remember when football players were real men.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Kmax, great photo! I agree that he can be an embarrassment sometimes, I used to love to watch Barry Sanders(who in my opinion was the best RB I ever seen) after a TD, or even after a five yard gain or loss, he would look around for a ref to hand the ball to him. No dancing or showboating. No after a 5 yard gain, some of the players spin the ball on the ground ,or just throw it on the ground, as a ref is standing there waiting for the ball. I was glad when the Steelers got rid of Joey Porter, couldn't stand the ridiculous stomp he used to do after he made one of his 'rare' good plays. Lately, Santonio Holmes has been making a stupid 'Muscle -pose' after he makes a catch, and everybody I know thinks it's ridiculous! Nothing wrong with showing your emotions after a big play, but some of it crosses the line and should be considered taunting. Sorry to see guys like Tedy Bruschi leave the game, cause he was a real man! Look at all the plays Wes Welker makes, but he just runs back to the huddle and gets ready for the next play! The funny thing about Chad Johnson is, allot of the Steelers really like playing against him, and they say he's allot of fun. Even tough he hasn't done much against the Steelers lately, they still have allot of respect for him. And with Carson Palmer back on his game, he'll be a handful this Sunday! But I'm glad Cincinnati is finally competitive again. I like their coach, and I'm happy for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like the guy. Sometimes he's over the top, but mostly he just seems to be having some good-natured fun. Plus, he works hard on the field and is a great player, and he seems well liked by his teammates and just about everyone else, including Bill Belichick.  Of course, the NFL had to fine him heavily for suggesting (even in complete jest) that the refs could be bribed.  I'm sure Ochocinco knew he'd get hit with the fine. But he has the money to spend, and besides $20K is a great deal when you think about all the publicity he's buying for his new book. Don't put it past him to have thought about the return on his investment before walking out on the field with that dollar bill. The guy's smart and he knows what he's doing. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I gained some respect for the guy when he said he didn't want Ray Lewis to be fined for the huge hit he got.  He said Ray Lewis just made a good football play.  I can tolerate his pranks as long as they're funny and he plays good football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Fines are getting nuts the two most absurd in my mind are Weker last year fined 25,000 for a snow angel, and years ago when TO played for the niners he scored a TD, and jumped in the middle of the cheerleader line for 20 seconds and joined their cheer celebrating his TD. NFL now really does stand for NO FUN LEAGUE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Posted this sentiment on the duplicate but defunct other Ochocinco-Fine Thread a few forum pages back...Just seein' if anyone has similiar or differing thoughts on my take (or any):

ALL:

~I understand that it's the No Fun League in a sense, But I agree with this fine.  Goodell should either fine him a dollar to make a clear point, or a million dollars (for all I care) in order to make Chad Johnson STFU and have a first moment of reflection in his life.  I TOTALLY respect letting your emotions out in the heat of some great play, but to me this seems sort of contrived...fake-whether it was or not, is totally besides the point, For ONLY someone calling himself "Ochocinco" would pull such a loud stunt in the 3rd Quarter, and for a whopping 15 yard play...  But it's something greater than 1 dumb person playing the senselessly brash and gaudy at first take, but simple, minor, and rather harmlessly amusing stunt...it's the single ego corruption of a Team Sport...a team:

See, One big reason I love and respect this era's Patriot Teams is that They are ALL business, one goal, one focus, One Team.  When You have individual egos poking through ALL the time, some dynamic for me gets lost...I can't trully explain it, but to say-I Love the feeling I get as a fan watching a group of people coming together, singularly focused on one cause, AND in that sense, as a fan, I too, can ideally feel unto, and come as part and parcile under the umbrella of My Team's efforts...their mutual cause that is larger than 1 single person...  1 Larger than Life Person and Ego diminishes this concept of group unity in a big way for me...  Something about the pureness of that group of chess pieces in THEIR combined struggle on the game's battlefield I love...idk, I mean I don't wanna have to watch a more glamoured take on the acts and antics in Professional Wrestling (not every night-because some nights at least I'd like "buy" into the program and remain sober...a stretch). 

Sections
Shortcuts