Ocho Cinco has been released after being arrested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ocho Cinco has been released after being arrested

85-  You can't blame the Patriots "suffocating" system on this!

Report: Chad Johnson arrested on domestic violence charges

Chad JohnsonAP

If Dolphins coach Joe Philbin didn’t like Chad Johnson’s language, he’s definitely not going to like this.

According to Davie (Fla.) Police Department captain Dale Engle, Johnsonwas arrested Saturday night on domestic violence charges, per the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

According to the report, Johnson was arrested after an incident involving his new wife, Evelyn Lozada. He allegedly head-butted her during an argument in his care. They were married on July 4.

When police arrived at the scene, Lozada had lacerations on her forehead.

We’ll have more on this as it develops.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Ocho Cinco arrested

85-

"My personality was controlled last year. You didn't hear me at all last year. Zero. Zilch. When my mouth is running, it forces me to perform. It's never been vindictive. I never got anybody in trouble."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Looks like he doesn't understand Life's Playbook either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Johnson’s out-of-character arrest could be fatal to his career

Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Miami DolphinsGetty Images

The man with a habit of promising but not delivering a$$ whippings finally has followed through.

Allegedly.  And unfortunately.

Through all of the trouble Chad Johnson has caused in his career, he always had been able to say that he never had gotten into any trouble off the field.  And apart from the rare lawsuit for, for example, promising to give away a car but failing to do so, Chad never had been arrested.

That feather has now been removed from his cap.  Given that it comes at a time when his football career is sliding dangerously toward oblivion, the charge that he has assaulted his wife could bring it all to an end.

Already regarded by some as a Hard Knocks-driven publicity stunt, Johnson has brought to the Dolphins the kind of publicity they never wanted.  Thus, in order to salvage any credibility with the women they hope will want to come to their games (and/or with the females who own a piece of the franchise, like Venus and Serena Williams, Gloria Estefan, and Fergie), the Dolphins need to sever ties with Johnson — if after conducting a swift and thorough investigation the team concludes that Johnson did indeed commit violence against the woman he married barely a month ago.

Though nothing excuses the behavior, if the allegations are true, it could be that Chad is feeling a very high level of stress right now, sensing that maybe he won’t be a member of the Dolphins once the regular season begins.

His fears could be coming to fruition sooner than he or anyone else ever expected.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

OH NO- Sinko

Chad Johnson... head butting his wife. WTH. Glad he's gone. Looks like he really is a head case. 
    Same story is being reported on multiple sites.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/chad-johnson-evelyn-lozada-arrest/1#.UCcccqDAH7c

I think boston.com finally stopped following and posting his twitter feed. Don't wanna see it. No excuses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thats sad news.  I like Ocho, seems like a really cool dude, he didn't need this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested:
    Thats sad news.  I like Ocho, seems like a really cool dude, he didn't need this.
    Posted by TFB12

As though his wife did. Scr#w him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : As though his wife did. Sce#w him.
    Posted by antibody

I agree.  But lets not jump to conclusions here.  This may not be what it seems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

Very unfortunate..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : I agree.  But lets not jump to conclusions here.  This may not be what it seems.
    Posted by TFB12

according to Fox news Ocho and his wife were shopping and she found a receipt for condoms that apparently Ocho wasnt using with her! They argued all the way home til Ocho ahd enough and head butted her. What a P0S.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Somewhere, Antoine Walker is grinning just a little bit this morning.

Or, he will be when he pulls himself out of bed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : according to Fox news Ocho and his wife were shopping and she found a receipt for condoms that apparently Ocho wasnt using with her! They argued all the way home til Ocho ahd enough and head butted her. What a P0S.
    Posted by Quagmire3

Well there you have it, its the condoms fault... Should have just been bangin' away unprotected like, and this whole mess could have been avoided.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I was never a fan. He clearly is a head case. The guy just doesn't have a good head on his shoulders. He'll likely be Bankrupt a couple of years after his career is over in the NFL.  He sort of brings back memories of Irving Fryar, for those who have a fan that long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : according to Fox news Ocho and his wife were shopping and she found a receipt for condoms that apparently Ocho wasnt using with her! They argued all the way home til Ocho ahd enough and head butted her. What a P0S.
    Posted by Quagmire3

I guess you assume she was just quietly disagreeing with him.  I have a pretty good idea she up in his face.  It's not like he has these kind of issues often, just because you are not happy with his performance last year does not mean he is a dirtbag.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who knows, none of us were there. Still, it's not the most auspicious start to a new marriage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hey lay off Chad, he's replacing Brandon Marshall.  Just trying a little too hard maybe...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: Ocho Cinco arrested":
    Hey lay off Chad, he's replacing Brandon Marshall.  Just trying a little too hard maybe... Posted by Muzwell
    now that was funny!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chad Johnson expected to be released from jail soon

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson has posted $2,500 bond follow his Saturday arrest on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge in Davie, Fla., and is expected to be released from Broward County Jail within hours, his lawyer told Izzy Gould of the South Florida Sun Sentinel on Sunday.

"I think you're well aware I couldn't discuss anything that I've discussed with my client. At this point in time we have no comment," Johnson's attorney, Adam B. Swickle, said.

Johnson also was ordered to have no contact with the victim, Evelyn Lozada, his wife of six weeks. The incident began when Lozada discovered a receipt for a box of condoms in the couple's car. Johnson is alleged to have head-butted Lozada during the argument, resulting in a laceration that required a trip to a local hospital.

The Dolphins released a statement last night in which they said they were "gathering all the relevant information" about the situation. The Dolphins are scheduled to practice this afternoon, but even if Johnson is released in time, it's unclear if he will be in attendance.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Domestic violence is never a good thing. As men we are often feel insecure inside ourselves, it's hard to admit to our real fears and inadequacies in front of others. Yet, what is unsaid is we feel entitled to having women always take care of us emotionally without us having to be responsible for ourselves. When women don't do as we wish in stressful situations we lash out.  

I am sure it was painful for Chad to be confronted with evidence of infidelity. What's necessary is to be accountable for it honestly. Either way it is painful. To admit one's infidelity and talk about it is incredibly painful but to respond back with violence is shameful. 

A reminder for us?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : I guess you assume she was just quietly disagreeing with him.  I have a pretty good idea she up in his face.  It's not like he has these kind of issues often, just because you are not happy with his performance last year does not mean he is a dirtbag.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I'm sure she was in his face. Wouldn't you be if someone you loved was cheating on you? If we behave badly, it is up to us to make it right. Part of that is accepting our partner's anger undefensively. It is painful to sit and listen to other's anger. It requires empathy with their pain and insight into our own insecurity and selfishness. Making amends means surrendering our selfish behavior and asking forgiveness for our mistakes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Why didn't he just use the Ty Law "They are my cousins" defense??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why didn't he just use the Ty Law "They are my cousins" defense??
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

LOL! 

Just waiting for the whole story to come out.  Maybe he bought them as a joke to play on someone, who knows.  Seriously, as we all know the woman has a big edge in these incidents.  No, I don't believe in touching women but all they have to do is accuse a guy of something and they are taken into custody.  Sometimes you have to just wait for the real story to come out.  From what I have seen his lady is a pretty aggresive person so I'm not going to pass judgement until I hear what exactly happened.  So be careful not to pass judgement on someone until you know.  You Know!?!? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco arrested : I guess you assume she was just quietly disagreeing with him.  I have a pretty good idea she up in his face.  It's not like he has these kind of issues often, just because you are not happy with his performance last year does not mean he is a dirtbag.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Hey deuchsone, I dont care how much his wife was in his grill he should not have headbutted her! This isnt about condoms, football, or his lack of performance last year. Its about a man who lost control and struck a woman. You might condone that, I dont. Not sure why you want to come at me, you can check every post I have ever made I have NEVER knocked Chad for his performance last year! I knock him for head buttign his wife. Makes him a P0S in my book.

Sections
Shortcuts