Ocho Cinco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ocho Cinco

Need him now more than ever? Can he have a JD Drew AL Championship type of moment.

Im not sure if Gronk should play in anything other than Red Zone packages.

I also thought BB doesnt play players unless they practice. Its still early, but a lot of reports have Gronk not playing.

Turf. Father's recent death. Weak secondary. First Super Bowl. Full Season under the system...what more does this guy need as motivation?

Im not expecting 10 catches and 200 yards.

Maybe something like 3 Recs for 43 yards and 1 TD? If a guy named Tyree could put up that stat line, i would hope our 85 can too....(yes, Tyree was also 85)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Re: Ocho Cinco

I do agree dapats

we need to use Ocho ability to hug the line and strech his runs so that the Giants defenders would fall a sleep and get run over. Gronk will play for two reasons. 1-Because he addicted to pain. 2-He wants to prove his brothers who's the man of the out of all of then. I do agree BB plays players that practice but I bet he will let Gronk play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Reports say Gronk aren't playing? Uhh who? There is nothing more outlandish than to say that Gronk won't play in the Super Bowl, 2 weeks after he had put himself back in the very game that he got injured in. Unreal. People need to wake up. Sure, he may not be at 100% but an 80% Gronk is still the best tight end in the game.  They'll still have to gameplan for him and double cover him.

Seriously, can we stop all of the "Gronk might not play." Absolutely absurd. He's rested it for 2 weeks, has the best medical treatment in the world, and will be shot up with cortisone prior to the game. On top of all that, the kid is having the time of his life. All of the adrenaline factored in and Gronk won't feel a thing. He is Chuck Norris's father; he doesn't feel pain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

However, I do agree that Ocho should be a focal point for the Pats offense. I hope he actually gets some reps and opportunities to shut all of the pundnits up along with all of the haters who predicted he'd be the next Moss. I have about the same prediction as you. 3 catches for 63 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown comes on a perfectly executed Statue of Liberty by Brady who hits Ocho on a seam for a 40 yard touchdown. That would be epic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I wouldnt throw him the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Use him on easy hitch routes that he cant mess up.

Other than that, use him to run down the middle of the field to create space for others.

The ravens had Wes doubled almost all game. No one is respecting Slater!!

Put Ocho out there and make him earn his keep. Now, i wouldnt throw deep to him, but they dont know that. Stretch the field so you can use your short passing game.

We havent had a deep threat all year so I would hate for them to get cute now, but I agree he should be on the field but only as a decoy.

If he wasnt trusted in reg. season, why trust him now?

If he was in awe of the Pats offense in week 2, what will his 1st SB experience be like?

"One Monkey dont stop No show!"   - Goodie Mob

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Ocho will contribute to this game as a decoy or sleeper.  If the Giants are ignored him, Tom will have some boms to Ocho way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco:
    [QUOTE]Ocho will contribute to this game as a decoy or sleeper.  If the Giants are ignored him, Tom will have some boms to Ocho way.
    Posted by profootball[/QUOTE]

Stinko still scratching his head what is his assignment on a button-hook play...sure he will be a big diversion dancing on the sideline... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

i meant PRACTICING...reports say he may not practice at all

My mistake

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ocho isnt very good with routes so just tell him to go ten yards and cut or go deep, probobaly about as much as he knows

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Does Stinko even know there is a game?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Ocho Cinco:
    [QUOTE]Need him now more than ever? Can he have a JD Drew AL Championship type of moment. Im not sure if Gronk should play in anything other than Red Zone packages. I also thought BB doesnt play players unless they practice. Its still early, but a lot of reports have Gronk not playing. Turf. Father's recent death. Weak secondary. First Super Bowl. Full Season under the system...what more does this guy need as motivation? Im not expecting 10 catches and 200 yards. Maybe something like 3 Recs for 43 yards and 1 TD? If a guy named Tyree could put up that stat line, i would hope our 85 can too....(yes, Tyree was also 85)
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]
    Funny you posted this. I am at the airport leaving for Fla.  I was at Shooters in Deerfield beach when JD hit the granny.  I will be there for the Pats game as well!

Great call

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm not saying Ocho has been great but wonder what would people say if Ocho ended the year with 85 catches 1,000 yards 8 tds but Hern and Gronk combined for 80 600yrd and few TDs probably another bust picks from BB. 

I really don't care who's catching the ball as long as it is caught.  If that means Ocho has a big game great if that means Hern steps up even more great if they run it 40 times and still win great.  Who cares what the name on the back says as long as the name in the front is getting 1st downs and TDs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Dan Shaughnessyerslyls I dont know how to spell his name lol.  DAN was on the Jim Rome show today and said that Ocho has mentally checked out.  He was a healthy scratch against the ravens, and he wont be back next year.  He called him Albert Hainesworth that just didnt leave.

Gronks gonna play.. Gronk at 75% is like a normal TE at 150%  (also stolen from the jim rome show lol)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dan shaughnessy makes all us boston sports fans look bad, i know the boston globe could have done better than him.....i dont disagree that ocho isnt mentally there, but thats not to say he wont be back next year and thats not to say he cant play this sunday and play well...not likely, but possible

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Shaughnessy is a hack of the worst kind. He and his buddy Ryan are probably in a pub somewhere getting drunk and dreaming up the next controversy to write about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would like to see him have a great game for several reasons:

1. It would help the Pats win
    2. He has been a good team player all year. Not one peep out of him complaining about his role.

His teammates really seem to like him....well maybe not Tom after he dropped that TD against the Bills but other then that. Tongue Out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Ocho is still figuring out the playbook.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Non factor

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

LOL...just watching the NFLN coverage of media day.  Someone asked Brady to throw to Ocho.  Brady responded by saying "tell him to get open and I'll throw it to him."  I don't think he said it in a mean way, but I definitely caught the response as I type away on the computer...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho Cinco:
    [QUOTE]Dan Shaughnessyerslyls I dont know how to spell his name lol.  DAN was on the Jim Rome show today and said that Ocho has mentally checked out.  He was a healthy scratch against the ravens, and he wont be back next year.  He called him Albert Hainesworth that just didnt leave. Gronks gonna play.. Gronk at 75% is like a normal TE at 150%  (also stolen from the jim rome show lol)
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE] I don't think Dan Shaughnessy knows diddly squat ! Ocho will be back next season because regardless of where he plays he is a 3.5 milion dollar cap hit against the Patriots cap. I hope he burns everyone on the field by putting up crazy numbers in the only game that counts...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I tend to agree Russ...i've seen him open.  But being open is not the same as running the route he's supposed to.  Carson Palmer used to say that about 85.  Ocho would complain that he was wide open and Palmer would tell him something like "yeah...but you weren't anywhere near where I thought you'd be..."

Sections
Shortcuts