OCHO =GALLOWAY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OCHO =GALLOWAY!

i love him but he's fast becoming a real concern. ocho has a lot of drama on tv and in his home life. the fact she's on basketball wives is a concern. the fact that he looks like a high school receiver who cant read  or catch the ball is a problem. even if he somehow makes this team due to low risk (he's already been paid most of this year's pay in a bonus), by game 6, like galloway, he could be unceremoniously released or DNP'd on a regular basis. plus this team seems to have other options at his position. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY!

How many pre-season games have there been?  YAWN...............Oh yeah it is pre-season....YAWN

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Dumb thread

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I don't think this thread is dumb at all.  People can say Moss did nothing until the regular season, but I was happier about Ochocinco back when I saw nothing from him.  Now I can make a highlight reel of drops and penalties.  The other day the excuse was that he is used to a numbered play calling system as opposed to a named play system.  So, if that play was called 3 instead of omaha, then the ball wouldn't bounce off his hands and chest?  The one positive thing I can say about him from the preseason is he will go in and take a hit and get right back in there for more.  It's preseason.  Yeah, but some things are the same, like when they need a first down they go to Hernandez or Welker.  It's preseason, yeah, but what about last season.  Come on, a lot of the enthusiasm for him came with the hope that he would be better with Brady.  He wasn't that great last year.  Not every aging journeyman is going to come in to NE and set records.  Now, Brady says he's getting better, so I hope he has a great season, but it's not a stupid threat to suggest he won't any more than it is stupid to suggest he will.
    From the limited sample we've seen I would put Welker, Branch, Taylor, Edelman, and Slater ahead of him.  Week 6?  He might be a savvy trade away from the market.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

God I hope you're wrong, but it could happen if he does this little and starts being a distraction. He seems like such a hard worker and decent guy, I'm going to bet he turns it around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

aaarrgghh......!! it's preseason!!!

CC ..come on...you are better than that.......lets play some games first

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY!:
    [QUOTE]God I hope you're wrong, but it could happen if he does this little and starts being a distraction. He seems like such a hard worker and decent guy, I'm going to bet he turns it around.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]so was GALLOWAY and brady i remember called him the hardest worker he had ever been around and thought it was going to all work out going forawd.. and the next day he was CUTTTT! dont read into anything bb or brady say on this kinda stuff, look at what your eyes tell ya... they have something called videotape. if it looks bad on the screen, believe me it looks worse when they micronize it in the film room. perhaps i'm wrong for i like ocho but facts are facts. unlike haynesworth for now, we have a ton of chad type replacements who have earned more reps over him! 

bla bla, its preseason.. look branch has no catches yet so what? i dont see a significant loss of speed or separation when i watch the games, brady just isnt looking there right now. he'll be fine. with ocho, there's a lot of stuff. moss was known as a smart guy and he clicked immediately. the pats have one of the deepest and most complexed play calling system in all of football. very few wideouts can grasp that very quickly. joey g never could and he was just as good as ocho, similar skillset and 14 year vet. wasnt about his talent still being up or lack of effort, was simply a cognitive thing. he had played in many systems, just couldnt figure out brady and bb's reality! sometimes, it happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

CONTRARIAN=LEON

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

not impressed with ocho thus far. I think he is hurting us more than helping us at this point. I hope BB doesnt let friendship stand in the way of doing what is best for the team. If he doesn't show improvement he needs to go regardless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

he's been on the team for a month now, galloway had all summer!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You know, I have a far greater respect for Woodhead and Edelman because of Ocho and Galloway.  Edelman never even played receiver and played decent his first year.  Woodhead came in as an inexperienced rb during the season and was able to both catch and run almost instantly.

So even though it's preseason, I get it.  When a guy like Woodhead can come in a contribute right away and seasoned vets like Galloway and Ocho can't......

Of course, my logical side refuses to say Ocho is the next Galloway until the regular season starts.  I can already imagine this guy dropping what would be the winning TD in our first playoff game though :^(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The not being able to catch the ball thing concerns me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY! : so was GALLOWAY and brady i remember called him the hardest worker he had ever been around and thought it was going to all work out going forawd.. and the next day he was CUTTTT! dont read into anything bb or brady say on this kinda stuff, look at what your eyes tell ya... they have something called videotape. if it looks bad on the screen, believe me it looks worse when they micronize it in the film room. perhaps i'm wrong for i like ocho but facts are facts. unlike haynesworth for now, we have a ton of chad type replacements who have earned more reps over him!  bla bla, its preseason.. look branch has no catches yet so what? i dont see a significant loss of speed or separation when i watch the games, brady just isnt looking there right now. he'll be fine. with ocho, there's a lot of stuff. moss was known as a smart guy and he clicked immediately. the pats have one of the deepest and most complexed play calling system in all of football. very few wideouts can grasp that very quickly. joey g never could and he was just as good as ocho, similar skillset and 14 year vet. wasnt about his talent still being up or lack of effort, was simply a cognitive thing. he had played in many systems, just couldnt figure out brady and bb's reality! sometimes, it happens.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I never read into any complimentary comments from Belichick, I've seen him cut guys the very next day after he made them sound like they were headed to the hall of fame. Galloway's eports from training camp were that he didn't appear to have the jets anymore. For the most part Ocho's reports have been a mixed bag - gets behind the defense on one play - drops a pass the next. Galloway's game was speed. Ocho's game is more rounded, but you're right, it hasn't looked too promising yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

[QUOTE]The not being able to catch the ball thing concerns me. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

lol.  your comment gets right to the heart of the matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Ocho has always been a great route runner; Galloway was not, he was simply a vertical threat. The consistent word out of camp for Ocho seems to be that the offense is still not natural to him; that he still is thinking his way through it rather than instinctively playing. Hopefully, he will overcome that.

Then, yes, he will need to catch the damn ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

as rosie would say, "calm down"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The guy will be good, not Moss good because there aren't many like him. Brady knows he has to work with the new reciever and the more they practice and try things out in the pre-season the better prepared they will be for when it counts. About the Lions game, even Brady said he needed to do better with the WR's. People need to calm down and wait a few games before even thinking the guy could be cut.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

We'll see, but the two are polar opposites really.  Galloway was known as one of the fastest players in the NFL who was basically just a vertical threat, and He was 37 when he was here.  Ocho is known for precise routes. 

And really besides being far younger Ocho has always been a way better receiver.  Galloway has played 7 more years and has the same amount of yards, he has six 1,000 yard seasons in 17 years, Ocho has 7 in 10 years.  Ocho has gone over 1,000 yards every year he has played a full 16 games.

It's kind of like comparing Reggie Wayne to Troy Brown.  If Ocho had ever played for a team who was competitive he would be a first ballot HOF'er.  Give him some time, the guy is one of the more talented receivers in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

or, the only yards he aquired were the offensive pass interference he drew....He's cool and everything, but I dont think they should keep him around just cuz "He's a hard worker, and seems like a cool guy" lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

who cares? Ocho will get covered and can open up others even he tries to stretch the field.

branch has nto cuaght a pass yet should we cut him too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]who cares? Ocho will get covered and can open up others even he tries to stretch the field. branch has nto cuaght a pass yet should we cut him too?
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

I don't a lot of people put 2 and 2 together like that....Same with Haynesworth who cares if he gets a lot of sacks, he will open up the rushing for others i.e. Mayo!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ makes a good point. I think it's going to take some time with CJ, and we might not see him productive day 1 or game 1. I estimate by game 3-5 we'll see some of the old CJ. We just need to be patient and keep giving him reps, working with Brady, Branch and O'Brien. If he's not getting it by game 5, we have some tough decisions to make.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

As others have said and I will amplify, he is a receiver and that means that you have to catch the football in order to RECEIVE it.  That he's a great route runner is meaningless if he doesn't catch the football.  I am waiting for him to consistently catch the football.  One more time?  Ocho needs to CATCH THE FOOTBALL.