OCHO =GALLOWAY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY!

In Response to Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY!:
    [QUOTE]The not being able to catch the ball thing concerns me. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Welker led the league in drops last year. Nobody is on his case. Ocho will be fine if people look at him like as a piece of the puzzle and not a game changer. He ain't Moss. Never was and never will be. If he can get 50-60 catches and 7-10 TD's I'm good with it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]As others have said and I will amplify, he is a receiver and that means that you have to catch the football in order to RECEIVE it.  That he's a great route runner is meaningless if he doesn't catch the football.  I am waiting for him to consistently catch the football.  One more time?  Ocho needs to CATCH THE FOOTBALL.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Could you speak up a little?

I did'nt quite catch that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

LOL Ocho and Galloway have polar opposite skill sets...Do you actually watch the game, or is it like playing Madden for you?  Galloway ran streak and post patterns all day. He was exceptionally fast, and couldnt run a slant or curl route to save his life.  he made his living running as far and as fast as he could and let the QB sling it.  When he came to the Pats, his tank was empty...when a guy lke that has lost his speed...he's useless and the Pats saw it quickly.
    Ocho runs crisp patterns and isn't afraid to go inside and take the hits (see the previous game where he offered to pay the guys fine). He isnt afraid of contact and will be a great 3rd and 7 guy all year. Ocho has decent down field speed but thats not really his game and never has been. he has quick hips and feet, and is more dangerous after the catch and finding seams in the D.
    He's never had problems dropping the pill in his career, so why do you think he is now??
    And the people who say him not knowing the playbook doesnt have anything to do with dropping a pass clearly dont know sports. If your not confident in where you are on the field, and what your role is, your head isnt in the game.  If your head isnt there, you drop passes....period.  I love reactionary fans around here....one bad game and people climb on to the tobin.....the week before it was "this team is unstoppable...this offense is amazing...the D is so improved, look at the pass rush" then one bad preseason game and it's "this team cant even beat Detroit....oh its just like the cleveland game".
    Didn't anyone notice that the Pats didnt even try to run the ball out there?  Dont you think in the regular season if they were starting to get at Brady, they might....just MIGHT make an adjustment?  Preseason is about running their set plays....basic....vanilla.  A young defense in Detroit, might they not be open to some audible's?  Didn't anyone notice that Brady hardly audibled during this game? They are working out kinks people....this is not the offense you will see during the season.  Also, on D...there was no Spikes, no Bodden, no Haynsworth, no Ellis....give me a break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]They are two different WRs. I think Galloway was on one foot, 37, and not into it, and just was removed from wanting to commit to a new offense.  He just didn't want to learn all the routes. Meanwhile, Ochocinco by all accounts, has his head in his playbook, asking questions, wanting to learn, etc. This is what I expected early on. Everyone just relax.  The kinks will get worked out and he'll start to look more comfortable, with his natural ability taking over. What WR comes in here and looks great right away?  If he can just do what Gaffney did, that's pretty much what I am looking for.  A little more would be nice, too. It took Gaffney a half season to get up to speed.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]baiting? i just tell it as it is and should be told.. just the truth of the FACTS as i see them my friend. i live in the MD area and was able to see galloway come in after we cut him. lets just say i didnt notice any great loss of speed for i saw him torch a few guys as he used to do it in tampa and dallas. i think because we had moss that we had him try to do too many things he simply had notdone before. it wasnt as simplistic as u make it sound. moss ran moss routes not galoway in new england. in washington, he did and was suddenly fast again.. as is said, somtimes it just doesnt work out. dont slam the guy for not tryin hard enough or being fast. called life. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

What was alarming about Galloway's time in NE was less about what he did during the games (essentially nothing), and more about un-ending reports about how he struggled so mightily in practice. 

Ocho has at least had some very good practices, from what I've read. It takes time but Ocho will be a very good WR this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Galloway was a burner who got old and couldn't learn route-running to prolong his career. Ocho has always been a route runner...That doesn't disappear over-night. He'll be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY! : Isn't just like a Patriot fan to not understand the concept of statistic relativity.  Welker was targeted more than anyone else on that team.  His drops, per pass target were just fine.  Moss in 2009 had one of the highest.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Welker was in the bottom 15 WR in the league at drop percentage. Try again troll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Ahhh here comes cheater....a Patriots hater who spends her time on a patriots board.  You know your team is the best when the haters come out of the woodwork.  It must suck rooting for a team that isnt the model franchise in professional sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

LISTEN TO jermaine wiggins (remember him?) describe some pats plays right out of their playbooks and discuss all the adjustments that have to be made right at the line of scrimmage AFTER belichick has sent in the play as well as discuss how tough it is for a new guy (even a heralded vet) to make instantly adapt. some never do:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Didn't Galloway go a few weeks into the season, and had difficulty with the playbook? Ocho will be given a fair shake at producing. Not a good comparison, Holt would be a better comparison if Ocho was a few years older and had not much left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Can you please change your nickname to "Communist Alarmist"? It's clear that you are more of an alarmist than a contrarian. Yes, Ocho could be a bust but it is too early to raise your alarm. 

Galloway and Ocho are very different players. Ocho has not had a full pre-season to get things into gear. Am I concerned about Ocho? Sure, what Pats fan wouldn't be. Am I comparing him to Galloway? No. Galloway was on the tail end of his career. Ocho has one more good stint left, either here or somewhere else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Galloway go a few weeks into the season, and had difficulty with the playbook? Ocho will be given a fair shake at producing. Not a good comparison, Holt would be a better comparison if Ocho was a few years older and had not much left.
    Posted by Rick8795[/QUOTE]HOLT GOT HURT AND WOULD HAVE MADE THE Team! he was actually connecting with the program according to my sources.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OCHO =GALLOWAY! : Oh, I know.  I just wanted you to post that because of the NE love affair with Wes Welker.  Maybe that's why Hoodie benched him, it had nothing to do with his interview. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Lets do this one more time:  The benching was for team discipline.  Which neither your team or their twin sister, the Baltimore Ravens, heard of.  Which is why your team and its twin sister, the Baltimore Ravens, get so many stupid penalties.