Ocho is a dolt!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Ocho is a dolt!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_tom_brady_patriots_broncos011112

Maybee his problem is he truly has no clue what being around a true champion is like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Ocho is a dolt!

Ochocinco, who has had a rough transition to New England with only 15 catches for 276 yards and one touchdown, wasn’t complaining. In his own way, Ochocinco loves the demands, even if he has yet to meet them. Other players have likewise come to appreciate Brady’s standards.

I dont see a lot wrong with that. The guy had Kitna and Palmer as his QB. Kitna even prayed too. I'm glad that he is serious about it. Even change jobs and at first in the new place your just trying to find where the bathroom is or whats not good on an expense report? I want to see what this guy can do with a preseason. People got upset when he was in awe of Brady and the O earlier in the year. Bruschi called him out but tell me Bruschi never was in awe of Tom Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Not sure how Ocho came off as a dolt.  *shrugs*

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Ocho is a dolt!:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_tom_brady_patriots_broncos011112 Maybee his problem is he truly has no clue what being around a true champion is like.
    Posted by DaBlade

You're the dolt, he was saying this in a respectful and admirable manner. He wasn't bashing Brady, dolt. -_-

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Brady called.  He said he wants his jock back if you're done sniffing it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The thing is, he isn't "around a true champion". That glory is a speck in the rear-view mirror at this point. It is time to forget all that stuff. It's old. It's ancient history. It is time to get vicious.It's time to be smart. It's time to tear the Lombardi out of the other guys hands. If you want it, that's what you have to do.

The season is over. The time to pick the team apart is past. Cheering them on is the only alternative that remains. We will have a long long off-season to pick at the carcass if we falter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The thing is, he isn't "around a true champion". That glory is a speck in the rear-view mirror at this point. It is time to forget all that stuff. It's old. It's ancient history. It is time to get vicious.It's time to be smart. It's time to tear the Lombardi out of the other guys hands. If you want it, that's what you have to do.

Little harsh there arn't we? Guy threw for 5K and had the best record in the AFC. Won 3 superbowls and an MVP. If thats not a true champion then who is? Manning? Big Ben? Rogers? Brees? Gosh people hate Brady that should be cheering him on. If you dont think Brady at least gets to the AFCG then I dont know what to tell you. Maybe if we had Kitna as our QB then that can be said.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

My my how we forget about the days of Hugh Millen and Tommy Hodson. What else does Brady need to do?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Ocho is a dolt!:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_tom_brady_patriots_broncos011112 Maybee his problem is he truly has no clue what being around a true champion is like.
    Posted by DaBlade

The larger point is not so much Ocho's response, which frankly seems fine to me, but the intensity Brady is carrying around. Any athlete knows that the object is to get into "the zone" during the game, which is hard to do when you are feeling the pressure (manifested by how intense you appear to be). Brady has every reason to be feeling the pressure, not the least of which is the weakness of the defense, but I am very concerned that his reaction has been increased intensity. I think that was what did him in the last two playoff disasters, and I hope he has figured out how to change that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I like Ocho, I just wish he was open on the field as much as his mouth is open in the press and on Twitter. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

"I want to see what this guy can do with a preseason" - Philskiw1

With all due respect, I don't think he should be getting a free pass anymore, just because he is new to the team or didn't have a preseason. 

SOMEHOW both Gronk and Hernandez learned the offense as rookies and contributed, an experienced vet should have it down after 16 games worth of practices. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is a dolt!:
    In Response to Ocho is a dolt! : The larger point is not so much Ocho's response, which frankly seems fine to me, but the intensity Brady is carrying around. Any athlete knows that the object is to get into "the zone" during the game, which is hard to do when you are feeling the pressure (manifested by how intense you appear to be). Brady has every reason to be feeling the pressure, not the least of which is the weakness of the defense, but I am very concerned that his reaction has been increased intensity. I think that was what did him in the last two playoff disasters, and I hope he has figured out how to change that.
    Posted by pschuller

agree

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I've still got this sneaking suspicion that Ocho is going to have the last laugh on all the haters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

SOMEHOW both Gronk and Hernandez learned the offense as rookies and contributed, an experienced vet should have it down after 16 games worth of practices. 

Understand what your saying but Gronk and Hernandez are not 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and they get 50 reps a game. I agree Chad is not where I would like to see him but I dont think he is stupid or has no clue about football. I think he's never seen football like it is in NE. I'm really sure he is happy to be on a winner. He is part of a team that won more games then he's ever seen in a season. Who wouldnt want to be a part of that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is a dolt! : Agreed.  He wasn't open by accident by Denver in man coverage by accident in Week 15. Denver doubled Gronk and Welker, Hernandez lit it up underneath as Brady's choice over Ocho, but that doesn't mean Ocho can't be targeted and be a surprise to teams in the playoffs. I also think the D ascends.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Ditto. Ocho's taken his role as a blocker with no complaints, and did some real help in the Denver game. The defense will rise to the occasion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Ocho is a sleeper in the super bowl run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Hey guys don't get me wrong, I like Ocho and want him to succeed, but I think he has been given more benefit of the doubt than any player in recent memory. It's really time to step up already.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Where's Bruschi when you need him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Ocho is a sleeper in the super bowl run.
    Posted by profootball

Don't see it happening.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re:He also has done some nice blocking on runs, etc, 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

got to give him some credit for getting his act together in this regard.  I remember in the pre-season when he didn't block down field and BB ripped into him.  He took it to heart the right way and even though he's not the greatest downfield blocker the worlds ever seen, he's doing the job well most times.  Seems to be doing what he can to earn it, just that it's a tuff job to earn on this team and he has had route running troubles that he can't seem to conquer.  

The touchdown in Denver was the result of a bad coice by the corner who bit on Welker.  But who knows, he's healthy and fresh, and he's not scared to go across the middle.  Might just catch a couple tomorrow.  Remember Trot Nixon's 14 million dollar grand slam in the ALCS?

Sections
Shortcuts