Ocho is here to stay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Re: Ocho is here to stay

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay:
    In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : Not sure what your talking about Russ. Gaffney was not the #2 in 2007. Gaffney may have seen more balls but in 2007 Pats had Moss, Wes, Stallworth, Watson and Gaffney. Gaff. 2007. 36 rctpts/449 yds/5 td/21 1st downs Ocho. 2011. 15 rcpts/276 yds/1 td/13 1st downs 2007 Gaffney
    Posted by rkarp

And did his better production help us win the superbowl that year? No! and isnt that the ultimate goal? matter of fact he was invisible that whole game, look why are we picking apart one players contribution when B.B always and clearly emphasizes that his is a TEAM, they lose as a TEAM and they win as a TEAM, yea some might have more production than others but if your on the team usually you contribute in some way.  It might not always be what us fans are looking for but OCHO made some key blocks downfield, and the short time he was on the field he even made so nice sideline catches. He has a full offseason lets see what he does. If B.B want a team full of superstars he woulnt trade out of the first round or pass up on top rated fre agents, 90-95% of the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its not a problem TP, I misunderstood your intent and you are right, I shouldnt have said I ONLY listen to music with positive message because that is not true. My ipod will still pop up with "gangsta rap" and I will undoubtebly still bob my head....lol

I actually like Cam because he is an a- hole and very good at being one in regards to how he treats birds...

For example. "wet wipes"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : Not sure what your talking about Russ. Gaffney was not the #2 in 2007. Gaffney may have seen more balls but in 2007 Pats had Moss, Wes, Stallworth, Watson and Gaffney. Gaff. 2007. 36 rctpts/449 yds/5 td/21 1st downs Ocho. 2011. 15 rcpts/276 yds/1 td/13 1st downs 2007 Gaffney
    Posted by rkarp

2006.  Each Gaffney and Ocho had to learn this system on the fly. Gaffey was a #2 or #3 and had far more reps than Ochco, but Ocho outproduced Gaffney's 2006.

What's funny is, I said when Ocho came here, all he has to be is Gaffney.

lol

Ahh, right again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : Yeah, here's the thing.  You are such a fool and continually say such stupid things like giving up more points is better than given up less points that the odds of anyone else being as stupid are so outrageously small that the most likely explanation is that it is you. 
    Posted by Bustchise

Here's the thing:

You're a tool, Phat Rex.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgavin21. Show bgavin21's posts

I almost feel like BB has too many "big name" receivers going into camp. All those egos, someone has to go there are not enough footballs to go around.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Good, he was able to get open when he was out there and other than the one drop in Buffalo he had good hands. Maybe he an Brady were on the wrong page because half of the passes thrown his way were way off target. He and Brady should be more on the same page next season. He couldn't have handled himself better, unlike Moss was a team player till the end. IMO he will have a good year and surprise some people. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I had no idea Tom Brady's name was John Hannah.
    Posted by BassFishing

wrong, nfl network did a top 100 players of all time in september of 2010 and Brady was 21, Hannah was 25

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=552157

Brady has won an MVP, passed Marino's passing record, thrown likw 70 more TD's and been to another Super Bowl since that list came out

so you have to think he is in the teens now

easily greatest Patriot ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

lol

Oh, I see. Just because the NFL Network source said so that means I am "wrong". lol

Hannah is widely regarded as the best OL in NFL history. Brady, will one of the greatest ever, has hurt his stock as the best QB ever in recent playoff seasons.

Hannah is #1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : But what you meant was all Ocho has to be is Gaffney from 5 years ago when we threw the ball.... oh about 50% less.  And he was.  The problem is, Ocho gets 3 mil a year and was suppose to be the guy to open it up for our running game, not a guy who couldn't learn the playbook or get open.
    Posted by Bustchise

When you sign Waters, Carter and Anderson, overpaying a guy who took a paycut to come here isn't really a "problem".

That's one difference between your Jets and the Pats, Phat Rex.

The bigger problem is Brady making 20 million and playing poorly in AFC title game and in the SB.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

lol Oh, I see. Just because the NFL Network source said so that means I am "wrong". lol Hannah is widely regarded as the best OL in NFL history. Brady, will one of the greatest ever, has hurt his stock as the best QB ever in recent playoff seasons. Hannah is #1.
    Posted by BassFishing

It was a massive documentary effort by experts, former players/front office types, many people connected to the game, etc. creating a list that everyone could be pretty happy with, Brady was above Hannah BEFORE he put together 2 of his 4 best seasons back to back, the gap has only grown

I take that collective grouping of talent making a definitive film to define the legends of the sport over one guy on a message board with a smear campaign

All major sports make these lists

If someone wants to say Yaz is a greater Red Sox/player than Ted Williams on a boston.com thread, they are entitled to their opinion, but they will be wrong

just like you are

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

lol Oh, I see. Just because the NFL Network source said so that means I am "wrong". lol Hannah is widely regarded as the best OL in NFL history. Brady, will one of the greatest ever, has hurt his stock as the best QB ever in recent playoff seasons. Hannah is #1.
    Posted by BassFishing

Did Hannah have 5 Super Bowl appearances in 10 seasons as a starter? Also at the most important position in the NFL?  You are a nutty dude. Hannah might go down as the best 0-linemen maybe ever, but Brady will go down as the best QB ever, especially after we get a running game and give the man some help for a change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I haven't given up on Ocho yet. I think he will benefit greatly from an offseason. Maybe the guy isn't a rocket scientist or maybe the issues come from somewhere else but he is a hardworker and if he puts in the time any issues will be overcome. I can see him being an integral part of a core of wide receivers that will all be a legitimate threat when on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : Did Hannah have 5 Super Bowl appearances in 10 seasons as a starter? Also at the most important position in the NFL?  You are a nutty dude. Hannah might go down as the best 0-linemen maybe ever, but Brady will go down as the best QB ever, especially after we get a running game and give the man some help for a change.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I see Rusty gave up on this one, sometimes he sticks to his guns even when the ship has completely sunk, but I guess silence is the most we can expect when he is wrong, being a man and admitting to it clearly isn't in him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

See what happens. He will have a season and a full training camp under his belt, more than enough time to get the offense and chemistry with Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Ocho is here to stay":
    I almost feel like BB has too many "big name" receivers going into camp. All those egos, someone has to go there are not enough footballs to go around. Posted by bgavin21
    Not to worry. Training camp players. Season starts with Wes Lloyd Branch Edelman Rookie draft choice Slater Gonzo, Stallworth, Ocho all do not make the cut. Depending on Ocho contract situation Pats try to squeeze out a number 4 for him. Gonzo retires Depending on the game day opponent, rookie draft choice does not make the 46 man roster. Depending on the game day opponent, either Fells or Larsen do not make the 46 man roster

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

I think it was hard for the guy to get his confidence. He would be in for one play make a big catch then not see any more action for the remainder of the game. How was he suppose to get going and feel confident with that treatment. Big catch against the giants poof gone from the game. I'm hoping he's here and hoping the guy succeeds. It's not like he's causing disruptions or not trying hard he's giving effort.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Ocho is here to stay:
    According to Adam Schefter via Rotoworld... ESPN's Adam Schefter believes Chad Ochocinco "absolutely" will be back with the Patriots for the 2012 season. "They believe that he'll spend this offseason immersing himself in the playbook, familiarizing himself with the Patriots' offense," explained Schefter. "They're going to bring all these wide receivers in and let them compete in training camp and the best receivers will play." The Patriots are reportedly working with Ochocinco on a restructured contract. ------------------- I think once he gets the system down he will be a good asset to this team. Discuss
    Posted by TFB12

Cut him now. he's not that good compared to what we've aquired at WR so far.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : wrong, nfl network did a top 100 players of all time in september of 2010 and Brady was 21, Hannah was 25 http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=552157 Brady has won an MVP, passed Marino's passing record, thrown likw 70 more TD's and been to another Super Bowl since that list came out so you have to think he is in the teens now easily greatest Patriot ever
    Posted by rameakap

Nice!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Branch only caught 51% of his targets which is terrible for a guy who is supposed to be here because of his all important "chemistry" with Tom Brady. He had only 19 receptions in the last 8 games of the season despite playing 75% of the snap s??? IMO Ocho should have received Branch's playing time the last half of the season as he learned a little more of the play book. He was averaging 18.4 ypc which would be good for top 5 in the league. The deep threat we needed may have been on our roster but only got 25% of the snaps. Thanks Bill Obrien.
    Posted by TrueChamp

This is an interesting stat and worth mentioning.  Branch made some nice crafty veteran type plays last year, but he disappeared at times and dropped a ball on the final drive of the SuperBowl that would have gotten Ocho a lot of hate had it been him.  

Looks like Stallworth is being brought in as a guy who knows the dialogue and structure of a McDaniels offense.  This should make for a better training camp for the core yet I'd be surprised if he makes the team, but who knows?  

I do think that the spot for grabs is Branch's and that it is his to loose out of respect.  Ocho should look to win that spot in camp.  With Lloyd in the picture however, Branch's old spot isn't really available.  So they are probably all fighting for Ocho's spot from last year. 

if Garcia is healthy and kept around, it might be in order to spell Welker so that he is fresh going into the playoffs.  That's a lot of receivers though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho is here to stay : Did Hannah have 5 Super Bowl appearances in 10 seasons as a starter? Also at the most important position in the NFL?  You are a nutty dude. Hannah might go down as the best 0-linemen maybe ever, but Brady will go down as the best QB ever, especially after we get a running game and give the man some help for a change.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Did Hannah have Kraft owning the team and BB running things? lol

Comparing a Sullivan/rotating GM and coach context to what Brady has had here, is ludicrous.

My god, dude.  Hannah is WIDELY considered, hands down, the best OL in NFL history. As much as I love Brady, he's not widely considered the best. Many would say Otto Graham, Montana, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino and so forth. 

If he had a better postseason this year, you might have more of a leg to stand on with your premise.

Only Brady can control how his legacy holds up.  He's had 2 chances to make your statement pretty much a fact.   Unfortunately, right now, he's in no way definitively the best QB ever.  Stinks to admit, but I care more about the team than just Brady anyway.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts