Ocho to Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFan54. Show PatFan54's posts

Re: Ocho to Boston?

Also on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/boston/conversations/_/id/6813469/cincinnati-bengals-deal-chad-ochocinco-new-england-patriots-source-says

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

it's official. Chad Johnson is a Patriot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Wow. Unbelievable. Everybody has been talking about this for a long time and it's just so surreal for it to become reality. I cannot wait to see what a motivated Johnson does with Brady. Moss, who?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho to Boston?:
    [QUOTE]If holmes gets 10/year, what does CJ get?  Revis is already working on his verbal assaults while watching old game film of the 2 or 3 career catches CJ has against him.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

We all know Revis is a shut down corner..what's your point? CJ will get some catches against Revis, and Revis will limit him as he does every great WR. the point is if he comes to NE, he's not our only or even best option. He is an option, and a vertical one at that. The 1 piece that was missing on our O, that allowed the Jets to key in on the Pats last year, was the lack of a true vertical threat. You can't crowd that middle as effecitvely as you did last year my friend with some of the vertical speed we may have with CJ, Price in year 2, and maybe even if Tate steps up. Combine this with our potential in the run game, and I want to see how the Jets defend this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Wow, busy day down in Foxboro, eh?

Good move, but I want to know what the "two draft picks" are that Clayton mentions. Hopefully no more than maybe a 5th in 2012 and a 4th in 2013 (they're actually running out of late-round picks in 2012 to trade, if this deal includes one of them, because they've already traded their 6th and 7th away, I think).

As for the player: he's not the deep threat/star that he once was, but he's still a big target who can stretch the field enough, and he will work his butt off. That's never been a question about him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I just heard It on the NFL he is coming  Not sure about this move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not as vertical as he once was, but still has good speed. He can run all the routes and gives them a credible break it big threat. Can't crowd the middle of the field anymore. This is a good signing. 2 down, 1 to go....Roth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

As u guys know I been pulling for this move for the last couple days. I'm all for it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Here is more.... Mpall711 : Please come to the pats!! You can have my wife if you do!! Lol ochocinco :  Now that kind patriot logo was funny
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I've had that background on my Desk Top for 3 years now.  Never once switched it out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

W O W

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

what about his Robin? Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Chad Johnson is a Patriot

This is a huge signing in many ways. It takes pressure off Welker and also gives the young guys a bonifide WR to learn from. Great Job Pats , looking forward to a great season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Fat- Albert?

Chad 8-5?

Awwwww yeah, rollin' in the crazies. NE-2011 Camps!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssmith285. Show jssmith285's posts

[QUOTE]Fat- Albert? Chad 8-5? Awwwww yeah, rollin' in the crazies. NE-2011 Camps!
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

Everybody that was giving the person who started this post crap for jumping the gun can apologize now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho to Boston? : Everybody that was giving the person who started this post crap for jumping the gun can apologize now.
    Posted by jssmith285[/QUOTE]

yes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tell Menino not to fire his parade planning committee!!! The LOMBARDI IS COMING HOME!!!

Why does this remind me of 2007? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i have the same feeling.  i dont think ive ever been as excited as i was during the offseason in 07.  this is that same feeling

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]i have the same feeling.  i dont think ive ever been as excited as i was during the offseason in 07.  this is that same feeling
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

I hear you, let's hope he end result is much better. =D 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

He is NOT the long threat he once was... THis is good.. It helps and I think it could even help the development of either Tate or Price. But it does not give the Pats a real field stretcher. Excited by it but not over the top.

I think Haynesworth will have a much bigger impact. He could put this D over the top.

Got to wonder if that fat guy in NY that brags about winning SBs but never has... if he is somewhere in his mind thinking "how the hell are we gonna play those guys in NE?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Now the pressure starts to build, hopefully the team handles it better this time, personally i feel they will considering all the 07 guys and BB have been through it and can let everyone else how it's done. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Love all the excitement and agree that 85 could be the missing ingredient.  But, how many head cases and prima donnas can one locker room handle?  I'm cautiously optimistic.  This may force Rex to up the anti to get Nnamdi.  To do so, he will have to dump just about every other FA he has.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I got WOOD!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

this is a great move and faucet (long time no talk buddy) I agree the jets have to be saying damn it!  offer NA 15 mil a year forget everything else.  They are already thin in depth in many spots get NA and it will be worse.

Best yet, the Pats now have the man power to play run and not pass if they want to.  Those two CBs won't help much if the Pats are running up the middle on the Jets. 

Say what you will about Chad, VW sleeps with Tweeter open on his phone.  He has ton of respect for BB and will not do anything to embarrase the Patriots.  He's a student of the game (Chad) and loves football.  Brings a spark of swagg to the O.  Say what you will but Chad still commands a double team, there's a reason TO had such a great year last season. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho to Boston? : Everybody that was giving the person who started this post crap for jumping the gun can apologize now.
    Posted by jssmith285[/QUOTE]

Why thank you