OCHO tweets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

OCHO tweets

OCHO tweets: How did Obama memorize all his speech. Well folks that says it all!!! Maybe BB should get him a teleprompter. WOW !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: OCHO tweets

Whatever.  Sad end to a sad year.  I NEVER would have thought the problem with Ochocinco would be not getting any playing time.  So odd (but again, so Patriots like) that they keep him but don't use him.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

IDK, to me it was very obvious in camp. The shocking part imo was that the Pats even brought him in. Also speaks volumes about what BB thought of Price and Tate in that they were expendable and Ocho was kept.
    Didnt C Palmer have 3 gripes with regards to his Bengals "retirement"...1) tired of management direction, 2) continued poor o-line play, 3) wr's too much free lancing and never in correct position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Maybe he is joking?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO tweets:
    Umm, why is this offensive now? Making fun of politicians is now offensive and illegal?  I am confused. If I am BB, I activate he and Ridley for the SB and tell each to be ready.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

King.. I thought he was serious if not my bad

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

Umm, why is this offensive now? Making fun of politicians is now offensive and illegal?  I am confused. If I am BB, I activate he and Ridley for the SB and tell each to be ready.

Agreed, just play this one game like never before and I will forget everything all year and then say thanks and good bye.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

How do you get "offensive" out of that post ?
    The joke's on Cinco.

I would love to see Chad make some sort of contribution in XLVI. No doubt Brady and Belichick will give him a chance.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

As long as everyone keeps playing zone defence againts us Brnach is likly the best option.  Since the Giants DB stink I expect they will play zone and hope their pass rushers can get to Brady before he picks them apart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Does anyone here think the Patriots and Ocho have been sandbagging all season long,no sense showing your entire hand so that the opposition doesn't have a enough film to determine what he can or can't do. I really think this is Ocho's game.If not then he was a very expensive insurance policy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'd like to see Ocho suited up for this game. He does add another dimension to this offense on certain plays. The way I look at it it's all hands on deck. Ridley better be suited up as well. Ocho still brings more to the table than Slater.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Does anyone here think the Patriots and Ocho have been sandbagging all season long,no sense showing your entire hand so that the opposition doesn't have a enough film to determine what he can or can't do. I really think this is Ocho's game.If not then he was a very expensive insurance policy.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

No.  Not at all.  That is just our fantasy. We have to come to terms with the fact that 85 was a huge flop acquisistion.  

I knew he would not be good, past his prime, etc., and I had posted as much in 2010.  I just had no idea that he would wind up being among the worst receivers the Pats have acquired in the past 10 years.  But who did?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Ocho plays in the SB and gets a TD. Possible???
    Cant you just see him playing a big game for 8 or so catches, a TD or 2?
    You never know what BB is thinking or will do. More of a chance I am wrong than right. But he could be the secret weapon!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO tweets : Ocho outproduced Gaffney's 2006 in far lesss reps.  Gaffney was a 3rd option, Ocho a 4th who barely played.  That to me speaks volumes, because it just means a shotgun base spread and Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch with 35-40 passes per game, isn't enough for 5 options in this offense. Gronk and Welker are basically HOF caliber players.  Brady shouldn't even be throwing more than 40 times, so I disagree completely with your analysis. The only issue with Ochocino was a sluggish start and some drops early. And his price tag. The only flop is Bill O'Brien pulling him off the field and never letting him get into a base offense here in certain games. Also, clearly, Joey Galloway was way worse as an older FA signing than Ochocinco. Also, Ocho did a nice job blocking, not being a distraction and doing things Moss wouldn't do here. The wisest move of the year would be to suit him up (and Ridley) and tell them to be ready to make plays.

Holt and Galloway are probably the worst of the prime guys.  But without the benefit of reviewing Gaffney's stats, I recall him as far superior to 85.  

Take away a couple of bombs to 85 and his impact drops to a handful of third-down conversions and some nice blocks.  I remember Galloway making some surprisingly clutch catches, the kind of thing that does not show in the stats (a' la Faulk).  

I think most fans would agree that the Gaffney of then would be counted upon to help win this SB, while 85 will not.  Also, 85 had Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch to draw coverage.  Three of those guys arguably are the best players at their position, and the fourth is a former SB MVP and known clutch player for Brady.  When Gaffney was here, the receiving corps was not as deep and multi-talented. 85 blew his opportunity here, and he was paid handsomely doing it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

King, there is one year in which Gaffney had inferior numbers (2006), and if I recall, he was injured.  The other years, he blew away 85, even playing with Cassell.  Not even close.  Plus few were expecting Gaffney to be a top flight receiver for the Pats, while many thought 85 would get 800+ yards for the Pats.

Here's is a question: Nobody expected Jaffney to go to the HOF, but I heard some and read some opining that 85 would make the HOF.  But in light of this dismal year, does this season kill his chances?  He was borderline already, his Bengals being a perennial loser most of his time there.  I think it does kill his HOF votes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

chad johnson may be a HOF player....chad ochocinco is not

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO tweets : No.  Not at all.  That is just our fantasy. We have to come to terms with the fact that 85 was a huge flop acquisistion.   I knew he would not be good, past his prime, etc., and I had posted as much in 2010.  I just had no idea that he would wind up being among the worst receivers the Pats have acquired in the past 10 years.  But who did?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Dude stop hating, how was he the WORST receiver? he caught 15 balls for 200 plus yards and a touchdown as brady"s 4th or 5th option most of the time and didnt even need to be on the field for our offense to be successful, go look at the other past recievers numbers that we picked up and im sure there numbers werent much better if at all, I honestly dont see the need for bashing if he wasnt really needed but they decided to pay that money and keep him, im sure he would have taken less just to be with this team. He has sure taken a blow to his stats and no complaints.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

My original post was only to point out that  tweet may indicate why he can't grasp the offense. I have not be critical of him in the past only hopeful.

Sections
Shortcuts