OCHO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

OCHO

oK guys not happy with the 5-yd penalty Ocho cost us. That said how do you guys think he is doing? Also sad to see about Koppen.

Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: OCHO

ask the question by game 6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO:
    [QUOTE]ask the question by game 6
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

am asking it now. He has had preseason games and this game. It is not like he hasn't played in the nfl. I am totally NOT impressed with him. I think we need to get someone else or at least someone in addition to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Game 6?  Hardly.  Surely we wait another couple of games, but that's it.  He's not a rookie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

What is Randy's phone number?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

nomadfan love your comment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Ochwho?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Apparently, I think all of us can imagine how Ocho is digesting Pats playbook, with lots of no-huddle look, go figure. It'll take time, my take 3-4 games more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: OCHO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OCHO : am asking it now. He has had preseason games and this game. It is not like he hasn't played in the nfl. I am totally NOT impressed with him. I think we need to get someone else or at least someone in addition to him.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

don't be obtuse.  he is saying its a foolish question to ask.  And it is.  wait and see what happens.  Taylor Price will be available, Slater doesn't look too bad, and Ocho will be a welcome addition if he comes on, and its ok if he doesn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

your not allowed to ask that question around here...

(he cost us Yeatman!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

we won! does it matter?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

read what I said people. I said we may need to add someone else in addition to Chad. So what if I say that. Some of you are making way to much of a comment coming at me and calling me names is not very adult like of you. I just asked a q. and what you all thought. that's it. don't appreciate all the disrespect from some of those of you. To those who responded like an adult kudos to you for answering without rudeness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

1-800-RANDY-MOSS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ok haters first of all he was targeted twice! He caught one and the other was thrown into the ground behind him. The penalty was kind of lame though. don't worry about Ocho unless he's costing the team victories! besides you guys were talking about Branch being washed up last week and seem to have a decent game tonight because he has Brady chemistry,let Ocho learn the same thing about Brady and by the time we need him he will show you all why he has over 10,000 yards receiving in the NFL in a simpleton offense and with a second fiddle QB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I might be in the minority here but I really wish people would get off his jock.
    He just needs a few games to get some confidence.  He looked totally dejected out there.  I thought he was gonna cry when he left the field on his last incompletion.
    That's not the Ocho we're used to seeing.  I really think he's trying too hard.  Just needs to loosen up some and play, be himself, and stop thinking so much.  It'll come.
    He's no Moss but he came here to accept a role that Moss would not. Give him credit for that.  It's got to be hard on the guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Chad will loosen up once the playbook and general culture starts to become more normal for him, it takes time and i'm sure he'll be a steady contributer when it matters; after thanksgiving.  Besides, the offense didn't look too bad today...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not hatin here.  I like Ocho, excited when he joined the Pats.  But obviously he is having some problems fitting in.  I know, I know short training camp but still he needs to contribute now. He is a seasoned vet for crying out loud.  If he was only targeted twice then are the Pats coaches also questioning this move?  Ocho has to step up, what happens when out TE's are shut down and Welker kept on a leash by D's?  Bring in Moss and lets get the deep ball mixed into this offense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The Pats didn't sign Ocho so he could be the second coming of Moss, they signed him because he adds fantastic depth and can offer quite a bit down the stretch.  He's still trying to adjust to this new offense as it's very different from what they ran in Cinci all those years.  He's too good of a player to not add value, just going to take a little longer than we'd like before we really start to see it.  I'm no more concerned about Ocho right now then I was about Branch not catching a single ball all preseason, and look how that turned out tonight. 

Think of him as a secret weapon.  Most defensive coordinators are not going to even bring his name up when planning for us.  And then one week out of the blue, Wham, Ocho goes has over a hundred yards receiving and 2 touchdowns. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not bailing on him (yet).  I'm not sure you can use how often he is targeted as a statistic in his defense.  It is more likely to indicate:

1. He wasn't open.

2. He was out of position.

If he were both in position and open, he would have been targeted more than twice.  Well, at least that's my opinion.  It's too early to give up on him, but surely nobody has seen anything that might even be remotely construed as being positive.  Think about that.  He hasn't shown anything yet that stands out in any way.  Maybe he'll light up the field next Sunday.

Moral to the story is that even though it is too early to be a hater, he hasn't done anything to warrant support either.  This is very much a case of "the jury is still out."  I would have expected to see at least a glimpse of things to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

I don't think Moss and Ocho have to be mutually exclusive. It'd be a lot of WRs to have on the roster, but it would just mean less snaps for Slater. 

My big worry with bringing Moss back is the tendency we started to see developing in 2009 and the first three games of last season, where Brady tended to force throws to Moss. I still have nightmares of Brady repeatedly throwing to a well covered Moss in week 2 against the Jets. 

Provided Brady can continue to throw the ball to the open man, I'd be ok with seeing Moss come back, but I'm not giving up on Ocho yet either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

My question is would Ocho have made this team if were not already given a large signing bonus? I am not sure he would have made the team based on what we have seen of him so far.

The next question is how long can BB afford to keep him if he does not produce? I understand there were no OTA's or mini-camps to bring him along but how much time is enough time to see if he develops?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

He wasn't a focal point of the offense last night, and from what I saw last night (I fell asleep by half time, which is hardly surprising as it was 2.00am here in London by then..!) he didn't show any major weaknesses to hinder the offense..?

Yes, he screwed up on a couple of plays (particularly lining up in the wrong place which brought back that 40 yard pass), but he also had some hard luck as well (there was definite pass interference on him at the end of the first half that wasn't called).

All in all - 5/10 from me, and hopefully it's just a matter of giving him more time to adapt. I mean, how many times have the Bungles run an offense at that speed???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he draws doubles and occupies the opponents top DB, opens up welker and the 2 TE's that is his job, just being a deep threat WR. he does that job, although i would like to see him pull in those balls thrown to him.  i think he deserves a few more weeks to get his timing down, and he will be fine. when we will truely need him is the playoffs anyways and by then he will be ready for sure.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Right now Ocho is scratching his head. I'm pretty sure he was never benched for mental mistakes in Cincy. We have that luxury in NE. Right now Chad is not getting it, but we don't need him. But, when the spotlight gets bigger Ocho could help us out a lot. Look at the playoof loss to the Jets. No WR's or TE's stepped up when it matters. Deep down Ocho is a playmaker. Right now he needs to learn how to be a soldier, then the playmaker will come too...