Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit....

Remember when Brad Childress cut Randy Moss after only a few games (and a 3rd round pick to the Pats) ...and he stepped to the podium to say that Moss was a "Programatic Non-Fit"!

http://www.jimrome.com/take/a-programmatic-non-fit/20491

I would say it may be time to dust off that line once more....

Ochocinco is a "Programatic Non-Fit"..... 

I'm hoping Taylor Price gets healthy soon.... because the kid would have taken that pass from Brady to the house....  (the dropped ball) and so would Hernandez and even Slater....

Ochocinco not only has trouble learning the offense but more importantly he does not turn back and make a play on the ball when it is in the air.... he waits for it to arrive....  that has happened on numerous occasions and is the reason for the pick yesterday....  a receiver MUST make a play on the ball when it's in the air.... he does not understand that.

I think at the very least his playing time will diminish as guys like Herenandez and Price get healthy.

.... and I would venture to say that Slater will get more snaps then Ocho going forward.... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Re: Ochocinco = a Programtic Non-Fit....

In Response to Re: Ochocinco = a Programtic Non-Fit....:
    [QUOTE]Let me ask you this: Before the awful TD drop, did you have that opinion? Branch did nothing yesterday as well. Keep that in mind. I am not ready to buy into this notion yet. He's improved every week so far.  I agree the TD drop is just beyond inexecsuable, but if we are talking progression and how much more comfortable he looks by the week, we disagree. We're watching different players progress or you want a much faster progression, the latter certainly your opinion.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yes I did have this opinion before yesterdays game.... I have started at least one other thread on his lack of ability to get up to speed.

As I said in the OP... he waits on the ball instead of making a play on it... he drops easy catches and he makes critical mental errors that guys with his experience should not make. 

Progression?

Learning the offense is one thing... but standing there waiting for the ball to arrive instead of fighting for it and dropping easy balls in a critical game time situation are another.

....and Branch did not have one ball thrown to him yesterday.... it's pretty hard to catch a ball that's NOT THROWN...  when he is targeted he is MONEY.

Ochocinco is in no danger of catching more balls than Branch.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Re: Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit....

In Response to Re: Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit....:
    [QUOTE]Ok, fair enough.  What do you mean by "standing there waiting for the ball"? Which play was this?

The interception.... He did not cut back toward the ball and fight for it.... instead he continued his movement up field making it an easy pick for the corner.

Last week he did the same thing and it almost ended up as a pick 6.... It was only a matter of time before that turned into an INT.

That's not something a guy with his experience should be doing.... route running and learning a new system are one thing....  that and dropping easy balls are an entirely different thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Ocho will be alright guys.  You can not cut is head off yet.  I will give him until after the bye week to perform. He will show you all. Get ready to eat crow.  If I am wrong, I will not hav a problem saying so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I think he's talking about Brady's second INT.  That wasn't Ocho "standing there", it was Ocho not making a sharp enough cut (I assume); even if he had, the coverage was so tight that Brady never should have made that throw.  Brady's made a living the past few years squeezing passes into tight spaces; it burned him twice yesterday (also on the INT to Gronk).

I agree with King, Ocho has progressed; he's made a couple of very nice catches.  His first (?) catch yesterday was extremely difficult, coming back and going down to the turf on the left sideline to pick the ball.  That's a catch that Galloway or Holt (the two receivers Ocho should be compared to as far as the Pats bringing in a veteran WR; he is nothing like Moss) never would have made.  He's not what he was in Cinci, but he's showing enough to give me confidence that he'll get there eventually.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, fair enough.  What do you mean by "standing there waiting for the ball"? Which play was this? Agree on the drop. That's inexcusable. Look, if the drop situation happens again I agree he has to go. That's on him. But, if you look at some other teams that have new WRs in easier offenses, they are actually doing worse or similar to him. You have to weight the context of system offense in this. I do agree you can't wait for him, but before that TD drop he was getting open. I also think Brady locked on to Gronk and Welker and for good reason. Branch had no catches, right?  Should we cut Branch?  I feel like we have these discussions every week and that some forget how a Pats offense SHOULD work. It's easier to hit Gronk and Welker, for two reasons: 1. They're incredible players, the best in the league at what the do, in my opinion. 2. They are middle of the field routes, which are easier throws. Note the 3 INTS were midddle of the field, but Buffalo had wisely adjusted and Brady still thought he could make them. He was wrong and that's all on him. If Ocho doesn't look good next week and doesn't help, I agree he's on thin ice, but I also think  people are ticked off with the loss and want to ignore the elephant in the room (Brady, O'Brien).

If it were up to me I would not cut him yet...  The "Programatic Non-Fit" term could come into play a little later though.

I would reduce his game snaps and increase his snaps in practice and try to cure him of some bad habits and see if his comfort level helps with his bad case of the drops... 

The contract has already been signed and he's guaranteed $4.75 Million if memory serves me ....  so it would make more sense at this point to work with him in practice to see if he might be able to contribute down the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, fair enough.  What do you mean by "standing there waiting for the ball"? Which play was this? Agree on the drop. That's inexcusable. Look, if the drop situation happens again I agree he has to go. That's on him. But, if you look at some other teams that have new WRs in easier offenses, they are actually doing worse or similar to him. Yiu have to weight the context of system offense in this. I do agree you can't wait for him, but before that TD drop he was getting open. I also think Brady locked on to Gronk and Welker and for good reason. Branch had no catches, right?  Well, it's easier to hit Gronk and Welker, for two reasons: 1. They're incredible players, the best in the league at what the do, in my opinion. 2. They are middle of the field routes, which are easier throws. Note the 3 INTS were midddle of the field, but Buffalo had wisely adjusted and Brady still thought he could make them. He was wrong and that's all on him. If Ocho doesn't look good next week and doesn't help, I agree he's on thin ice, but I also think  people are ticked off with the loss and want to ignore the elephant in the room (Brady, O'Brien).

It's obvious that Ocho isn't the player we thought we were getting. He has been a colossal disappointment for many reasons and most of the same reasons that Moss is now retired. A WR that doesn't have "glue" hands is always a liability, especially in crucial moments of crucial games. If he only gets 3 or 4 opportunities per game it's critical that those chances bring tangible results. It starts with game preparation (which mandates knowing your role) and ends with performance consistent with star billing.

In Moss's case, there was still petrol in the tank and a desire to fight for the ball.  He was able to get separation and seem to understand what was expected of him.  Ocho seems deficient in too many areas and his game-game improvements seem pedestrian for his experience level.  We need another reliable option at his position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit.... : Oh please. That's on Brady. The throw was basically at his hip, with great coverage. Does any player from another team every make a good play in your mind? And people call me a "homer"? Laughable. He should be leading Ocho more there in single, with no deep safety help.  That's the reality there: 1. Less than good throw. 2. McKelvin had nice coverage. Admit it. Brady forced at least 3 balls yesterday which led to INTs. Reminded me of 2009.

You must be on the Ochocinco payroll...!

Ocho did not turn back toward the ball and it left the door WIDE OPEN.... simple as that.

No question that Brady threw many bad passes yesterday... and he forgot to target Branch which was a glaring mistake....  but this thread is about Ocho....

I have plenty of criticism for the rest of the team on yesterday's performance if you would like to hear it....

Clearly yesterday's loss was not all Ocho's fault.... and I never said it was....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think the Ocho supporters are not getting the point.  I myself would love for Ocho to get it together.

The problem is that Brady may not have the patience for him to evolve. We keep saying give him time, wait till week 7 or 8..??  Really?

Who said Billicheck is waiting that long?!

How many times can Ocho make mental mistakes before Brady comes into Bills office and sais , Im done w/ him.  It has happend to the best of them.  There will be a time when Ocho the man and Ocho the player are seperated and  its one thing to not be needed, but when you are counted on and dont produce, you will be gone...thats all folks are saying. We can wait all we want, but we dont make the decisons, Bill and Tommy do.....Chad only has a few more mistakes IMO, before he is written off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

anybody noticed Nelson's quotes from the Bills?.....they knew what they were trying to do to them.......D is too obvious

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ochocinco = a Programatic Non-Fit.... : It's obvious that Ocho isn't the player we thought we were getting. He has been a colossal disappointment for many reasons and most of the same reasons that Moss is now retired. A WR that doesn't have "glue" hands is always a liability, especially in crucial moments of crucial games. If he only gets 3 or 4 opportunities per game it's critical that those chances bring tangible results. It starts with game preparation (which mandates knowing your role) and ends with performance consistent with star billing. In Moss's case, there was still petrol in the tank and a desire to fight for the ball.  He was able to get separation and seem to understand what was expected of him.  Ocho seems deficient in too many areas and his game-game improvements seem pedestrian for his experience level.  We need another reliable option at his position.
    Posted by moskk[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes ...  Somebody else gets it!

.... and well spoken at that.