Of the 2013 Draft Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Of the 2013 Draft Picks

Of the 2013 draft picks if you had to pick one to make an immedate impact, who would it be?

2nd Round (#52 Overall) – Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
    2nd Round (#59 Overall) – Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    3rd Round (#83 Overall) – Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    3rd Round (#91 Overall) – Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers
    4th Round (#102 Overall) – Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
    7th Round (#226 Overall) – Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
    7th Round (#235 Overall) – Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

I guess I'm making the most obvious choice with AAron Dobson.

I liked him a lot in the few college games I had seen. Then watched a bunch of  you tube highlights, he appears to have really great hands. I would love to see him be a breakout year one starter. Beside this year draft picks, are there any year two guys that have yet to break into the roster that you are keeping an eye on going into camp?

I hope this can be a fun evolving topic going into camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Of the 2013 Draft Picks

I like Boyce more than Dobson.

My long shot choice is Beauharnais.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Patriots_Today_Fan_questions_Dobson_Boyce/7803f6d7-e0bc-4612-938a-90773ae30622

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I like Boyce more than Dobson.

My long shot choice is Beauharnais.

I can see that he is more of what TB uses ,but I really want to see some one who has size open up the outside. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Being as high as they took Collins, I am very curious what this kid has. I had never heard of him prior to the draft...so can't wait to see some pre-season action, and see if he stand out at all...

Some of the highlights I've seen on Dobson are amazing....let's just hope he's the real deal. The question is he smart enough to play in this ever adjusting offense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If Dennard is suspended or not on the team then Logan Ryan better make an immediate impact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

A large part of me is inclined to think Dobson or Boyce due to the need at WR (i'd lean a bit more towards Dobson, but could see Boyce as well). These two guys are in the position where, if they show some good stuff in training camp, they can get near the top of the WR depth chart and see a solid number of snaps in their first year.

Otherwise, I would go with Collins, but I don't think he will have the opportunity the WRs will have unless he really impresses in training camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Of the 2013 draft picks if you had to pick one to make an immedate impact, who would it be?

2nd Round (#52 Overall) – Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
    2nd Round (#59 Overall) – Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    3rd Round (#83 Overall) – Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    3rd Round (#91 Overall) – Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers
    4th Round (#102 Overall) – Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
    7th Round (#226 Overall) – Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
    7th Round (#235 Overall) – Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

I guess I'm making the most obvious choice with AAron Dobson.

I liked him a lot in the few college games I had seen. Then watched a bunch of  you tube highlights, he appears to have really great hands. I would love to see him be a breakout year one starter. Beside this year draft picks, are there any year two guys that have yet to break into the roster that you are keeping an eye on going into camp?

I hope this can be a fun evolving topic going into camp.

Dobson appears ho have size, speed and good hands. Only other recent WR that had those type of characteristics was Randy Moss. He may have a big impact even as a rook. Other than Dobson, i would say  Sudfeld has a chance of making an impact. Course all our predictions could change once pre-season gets going

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

Odds are that none of them will make an "impact" immediately. However, if there is going to be a surprise....then I'd say Dobson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Ryan, Dobson, and Boyce will get plenty of playing time due to lack of depth at their respective positions. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Ryan, Dobson, and Boyce will get plenty of playing time due to lack of depth at their respective positions. 

Maybe they will. But seriously, even if they do get playing time, how often does a rookie WR have an immediate impact.  X factors include lack of professional experience, new playbook, new terminology, new environment, no direct experience with Brady - so, will probably run bad routes or timing will be off, competing against professionals who may have more experience and are likely pretty good athletes, one of the more complex offensive systems, have to learn everyone elses roles on top of that. The list goes on and on....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am not so sure about that. Rookie WRs have simply never step right into to a lot of playing time with the BB Patriots. The more I think about it, I think the rookies will get mixed in, but Amendola, Edelman, and either Jenkins or Jones will be ahead of both of them. 

Ryan seeing playing time is going to depend on Dennard. He is going to be behind Talib, Arrington, Dowling and probably Cole when camp first starts.

Collins I assume will end up right in the DE rotation with Ninkovich and Jones as the starters. 

Guys like Beauharnais even making the team will depend on his ability to contribute in Special Teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I think collins will make the biggest impact early in the season

Collins, he will help us cover TE's and slot WR's one of our major weaknesses on defense being that last season we had no hard hitting SS.  Collins will be our coverage LB in the safety/LB mold

as the season progresses onward I believe that dobson will begin to recieve more playing time and will therefore  make the biggest difference being the lack of talent available at the WR position.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

How is that show Archer? Never seen an episode, but the ads are making me interested.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Actually after looking back at some of game film for some of the players, i'm gonna have to change fron Dobson to Boyce. He runs good routes, reliable hands, pretty good blocker (for a WR), has good vision, and pretty fast. I think he could've gone higher but he had CFB worst quarterback throwing to him. I mean Sanchez looks like Brady compared to Boykin.

YES!!! A convert!

In case you are interested, watch the QB that Boykin was standing in for. He'll be back next season. Could be an interesting draft prospect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The trendy choice seems to be Dobson because of his position.  I would argue his position makes it less likely that he makes an immediate impact.  I guess it depends on what you mean by immediate impact, but if you mean WR1 or even high end WR2 numbers I don't think that's realistic.  I'd be thrilled with 500-700 yards from Dobson.  There have been 48 receivers drafted in the 1st 2 rounds in the past 5 years (2007-2012).  Only 12 topped 50 catches and only 7 grabbed 6 or more TDs.  And most of the top guys were 1st round picks. 

I'll pick Collins simply because he is a freak athlete and could have a real impact on the pass rush if he is deployed in the right situation.  I don't expect him to be a 3 down player right off the bat though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Of the 2013 Draft Picks

Don't care about immedate impact, I'm more concerned about the impact come playoff time.  Think Collins will be the starting LB for Spikes and this will give us much better pass coverage.  Dobson will be starting on the outside and Boyce will only get a shot at starting is Amendola and Edilmen get hurt during the season. Of these I think having a LB that can cover will have the most impact in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I say Dobson. I would think Arrington and Dowling would see the field before Ryan at this point. Dobson should see some starts unless he really blows it at camp. 

I would say Dobson or Collins, but there is more opportunity for Dobson at the moment. Knowing the Patriots it will probably be a free agent pickup whose previous sport was glow in the dark ping pong.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going with Sudfeld. Yes I know he's not a draft pick but honestly if I had to pick an immediate impact it would be him. Using a 2 TE set, even if Ballard is helathy I think Sudfeld has a shot to beat out Hoom for that #2 slot while Gronk recovers. The other rooks have roles too play but non scream starter to me at this point and I'm always careful about rook WR's as they tend to need time to catch up to Brady. Which, is of course, if Brady gives them the time of day. Lets face it, Brady hasn't been the best at helping to develop WRs typically giving up on the early if he gets frustrated with their learning curve. Of course now he really doesn't have much of a choice

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Michael Buchanan....I'm gonna bank on his ability to get after the passer and allow Jones to dominate the other side. D D D D D will determine how far we go this year.

And for obvieous reasons it would be the bonus of the year if Zach Sudfeldworks out as a FA pick up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

If Dennard is suspended or not on the team then Logan Ryan better make an immediate impact.

Don't forget about Ras I.  IF he injures himself again, then we may NEED Ryan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Michael Buchanan....I'm gonna bank on his ability to get after the passer and allow Jones to dominate the other side. D D D D D will determine how far we go this year.

And for obvieous reasons it would be the bonus of the year if Zach Sudfeldworks out as a FA pick up.

If I may be allowed a little self promotion here this am.............

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

If I may be allowed a little self promotion here this am.............

[/QUOTE]

You may, sir, and I'm thinking before season's end he has the potential to have an even more visible (if not actually bigger) impact than Collins, Dobson or Boyce.  Kid has shown he can flat-a ss get after the passer.

Sections
Shortcuts