Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?

Defense:
    Terrence Wheatley- CB
    Brandon McGowan- S
    Ray Ventrone- S
    Eric Alexander- LB
    Paris Lenon- LB
    Shawn Crable- LB

*I didn't include Shawn Springs as they would take to much of a financial hit ($2+ MIL bonus) if he were cut.

Offense:
    BJGE- RB
    Sammy Morris- RB
    Alex Smith- TE
    Ben Watson- TE
    Greg Lewis- WR
    Joey Galloway- WR
    Terrence Nunn- WR
    Ryan Wendell- C
    Dan Connolly- C

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?

These guys on D make it:

Terrence Wheatley- CB
    Brandon McGowan- S
    Ray Ventrone- S
    Eric Alexander- LB
    Paris Lenon- LB
    Shawn Crable- LB

These guys on O make it:

BJGE- RB
    Ben Watson- TE
    Greg Lewis- WR
    Joey Galloway- WR
    Dan Connolly- C

These guys on O don't:

Sammy Morris- RB
    Alex Smith- TE
    Ryan Wendell- C
    Terrence Nunn- WR

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wait... what are you asking/saying? You think "All" of those players will be on the 53 man roster?

Or are you asking which from the list provided will be on the Roster? If the latter then...

Defense:
    • Wheatley
    • McGowan
    • Lenon (providing he plays close to the same level as Alexander on special teams, he's got to be a better LB than Alexander (he's awful))
    • Crable (they are thin in LB depth, and more importantly is has often been said that NE will hold on to its Draft picks as long as they are progressing nicely and earlier in training camp BB spoke highly of the progress Crable had made from last year to this year)
    Offense:

• Morris (I'll be shocked if he's not and I personally do not consider him on the bubble at all, I consider him the starter... I'll make a separate post to explain after this)
    • BJGE (big fan of his and i think to much potential and youth to risk losing so they carry 5 RB.... NO way I keep him over Morris Though)
    • Watson (they will keep three and although i am often going crazy over him with some of his dropped balls he does allot of things more than well enough and knows the system completely. Smith has shown nothing and is starting from scratch)
    • Galloway (only because he's gotten all the reps, had dedicated Brady sessions away from the others in mini camp, etc. Personally I do not really get it and hope he proves me wrong)
    • Lewis (Decent, and been throwing some very good blocks as both a receiver and on special teams. Also because i have no idea what Nunn is like working with Brady and the first unit offense)
    • Wendell (Only IF Ohrnberger can not be a backup center/guard combo. If Ohrnberger can do that then Ryan O'callaghan instead as a fourth tackle until LaVoir comes off the PUP)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In Response to Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?:
    Defense: Terrence Wheatley- CB Brandon McGowan- S Ray Ventrone- S Eric Alexander- LB Paris Lenon- LB Shawn Crable- LB *I didn't include Shawn Springs as they would take to much of a financial hit ($2+ MIL bonus) if he were cut. Offense: BJGE- RB Sammy Morris- RB Alex Smith- TE Ben Watson- TE Greg Lewis- WR Joey Galloway- WR Terrence Nunn- WR Ryan Wendell- C Dan Connolly- C
    Posted by mbeaulieu07
    Wheatley is gone and depending who is available on waivers Galloway could also be cut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

As far as my previous post... I have no idea how contracts and money play into any of those decisions so those complete guesses are in a vacuum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?:
    Defense: Terrence Wheatley- CB Brandon McGowan- S Ray Ventrone- S Eric Alexander- LB Paris Lenon- LB Shawn Crable- LB *I didn't include Shawn Springs as they would take to much of a financial hit ($2+ MIL bonus) if he were cut. Offense: BJGE- RB Sammy Morris- RB Alex Smith- TE Ben Watson- TE Greg Lewis- WR Joey Galloway- WR Terrence Nunn- WR Ryan Wendell- C Dan Connolly- C
    Posted by mbeaulieu07
    Good post but I certaily hope your incorrect on T. Nunn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I don't see a nunn being cut before Galloway. I could see Galloway being traded to KC for a pick or Thigpen. F Taylor looked like a guy that was very disappointed about Lawfirms abilities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Ventrone, Connelly, Nunn, and Lenon are cut. The one guard spot open will go to either Yates or Wendell. The rest of those listed make the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?:
    In Response to Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster? : Wheatley is gone and depending who is available on waivers Galloway could also be cut.
    Posted by viewer222
    I agree with the JG release. BJGE, T. Nunn and  S. Williams have earned a position IMO. They each made a statement last evening and if cut will be picked up off waivers by another team and become great players. what say you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I would cut 37 year old Joey Galloway, and keep Terrence Nunn. With the WR challenged Broncos, Chiefs, and Jets lurking, no way Nunn makes it to the practice squad. Nunn has outplayed Galloway. Why keep a guy with clearly diminished skills, who will be around for just a year...and gone?

BB should reward guys who have worked hard and played consistently well throughout the preseason. Not to do so sends a bad message. Keep the players "hungry"...by letting them know that each season, every player has to "earn" his job...no matter who he is.

"Lawfirm" and Hoyer have earned spots on the team with their splendid play last night.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Not sure if I read the original post correctly. But out of the list of bubble players - most of your O list starting at some point in the year if the make the team. I agree w another post that Sammy is the defacto starter in my mind too.

As to who gerts cut

Def - Ventrone, either Lenon or Alexander - but not both, Crable. Crable eligible for Practice Squad as on IR all last year.

Off - Smith, either Connelly or Wendell but not both, Nunn. Connelly, Wendell and Nunn should all be eligilbel for practice squad

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Only thing I know is I will be shocked if Nunn is released. Especially with Slater likely on IR.  Nunn has looked good throughout camp and I know that means they may be keeping 7 WR's if they keep him but I couldn't let him go. BB believes in keeping the best 53 Football players regardless of position, and if they have to move one of those then he never cuts he trades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Thanks for the posts.  Here's is what I believe will happen to the possible bubble players below.

Defense:
    Terrence Wheatley- CB- I still believe he makes the team, too early to cut bait.
    Brandon McGowan- S- I believe he makes the team as the 4th safety.
    Ray Ventrone- S- Prob gets cut.
    Eric Alexander- LB- Makes it.
    Paris Lenon- LB- Makes it.
    Shawn Crable- LB - See Wheatley

*I didn't include Shawn Springs as they would take to much of a financial hit ($2+ MIL bonus) if he were cut.

Offense:
    BJGE- RB- Makes the team
    Sammy Morris- RB- Makes the team
    Alex Smith- TE- I dont see how he makes it, either traded or cut.
    Ben Watson- TE- Makes the team.
    Greg Lewis- WR- Not sure who they like more between Lewis Galloway, but one of them should be cut to give Nunn a spot. 
    Joey Galloway- WR- See Lewis.
    Terrence Nunn- WR- See Lewis.
    Ryan Wendell- C- Makes it.
    Dan Connolly- C- Cut.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1418909. Show user_1418909's posts

Ventrone Smith Connolly cut         Nunn to the practice squad

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Springs - wouldn't be cut regardless.
    Terrence Wheatley - 5th Corner, can't give up on a 2nd round pick in their second year just yet.
    Brandon McGowan - 4th/5th Safety
    Ray Ventrone - No.
    Eric Alexander - Yes, just mainly due to lack of depth at LB.
    Paris Lenon - Just like Alexander.
    Shawn Crable - Again, the weakest position on this team is the position this defense is supposed to highlight.  Makes no sense to me but if these guys get a chance maybe they'll break through.  I'm just hoping this isn't like Wide Receiver in 2006 when everyone said "oh, belichick knows what he's doing with Caldwell and all these guys from Florida" and within a year Gaffney was the only one left.

Offense:
    BJGE - I think either on the team or traded.  He proved he can play in the NFL.
    Sammy Morris - Makes team.
    Alex Smith - If they can trade him they will.
    Ben Watson - Makes team.  His knowledge of the system trumps Smith.
    Greg Lewis - Not even a bubble player to my knowledge.
    Joey Galloway - Same as Lewis, you don't just cut Joey Galloway.
    Terrence Nunn - MAY have an opening now that Slater is out of the mix.  He returned a kick very well so that could be beneficial.  He, like Green-Ellis, proved he can play in the NFL.
    Ryan Wendell - No, position has too much depth ahead of him.
    Dan Connolly - I'm going to say yes for the time being but he'd be the first cut if they make any roster changes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1418909. Show user_1418909's posts

In Response to Re: Of the possible bubble players, who starts the season on the roster?:
    Springs - wouldn't be cut regardless. Terrence Wheatley - 5th Corner, can't give up on a 2nd round pick in their second year just yet. Brandon McGowan - 4th/5th Safety Ray Ventrone - No. Eric Alexander - Yes, just mainly due to lack of depth at LB. Paris Lenon - Just like Alexander. Shawn Crable - Again, the weakest position on this team is the position this defense is supposed to highlight.  Makes no sense to me but if these guys get a chance maybe they'll break through.  I'm just hoping this isn't like Wide Receiver in 2006 when everyone said "oh, belichick knows what he's doing with Caldwell and all these guys from Florida" and within a year Gaffney was the only one left. Offense: BJGE - I think either on the team or traded.  He proved he can play in the NFL. Sammy Morris - Makes team. Alex Smith - If they can trade him they will. Ben Watson - Makes team.  His knowledge of the system trumps Smith. Greg Lewis - Not even a bubble player to my knowledge. Joey Galloway - Same as Lewis, you don't just cut Joey Galloway. Terrence Nunn - MAY have an opening now that Slater is out of the mix.  He returned a kick very well so that could be beneficial.  He, like Green-Ellis, proved he can play in the NFL. Ryan Wendell - No, position has too much depth ahead of him. Dan Connolly - I'm going to say yes for the time being but he'd be the first cut if they make any roster changes.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

I think Wendell has outplayed Connolly for the back c position this summer.

Sections
Shortcuts