Off subject. Magic Masters moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Off subject. Magic Masters moment

Woods second shot on 15 hits the pin spins back into the water.  He drops , plants one still, taps in for bogey.   Well arm chair referees have determined that he didn't drop the ball close enough to the original spot, thus a 2 stroke penalty and or possible disqualification.   I hope he withdraws to kill the tv ratings.   How cheesy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Off subject. Magic Masters moment

I agree that was stupid. It'd be funny if he did withdraw haha

I felt bad for the 14 year old kid too. I know he got a couple warnings but the kid is 14 and playing in the masters for the first time with winds changing forcing golfers to switch back and forth between clubs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

From the looks of things Faldo is not a big woods fan. Lol.  Calling for him to withdraw.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The Masters...A Plantation unlike any other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I felt bad for the 14 year old kid too. I know he got a couple warnings but the kid is 14 and playing in the masters for the first time with winds changing forcing golfers to switch back and forth between clubs

I don't feel sorry for the 14 year old--why is he there anyway. did he do something special to get there. How do the players who qualified the hard way feel about this,, What if he actually won.??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I don't feel sorry for the 14 year old--why is he there anyway. did he do something special to get there. How do the players who qualified the hard way feel about this,, What if he actually won.??

He qualified legitimately, I forget what he won but some amateur tournament. He's already beaten a bunch allegedly better players. Pretty remarkable, really. There was a fat kid in the US Open that was in contention on Sunday last year before he faded, I think he was 17.  These young kids can play and they don't seem at all fazed by the big stage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

He qualified legitimately, I forget what he won but some amateur tournament. He's already beaten a bunch allegedly better players. Pretty remarkable, really. There was a fat kid in the US Open that was in contention on Sunday last year before he faded, I think he was 17.  These young kids can play and they don't seem at all fazed by the big stage.

well good if he got legitimately, but to feel sorry for him is crazy. if you re there then you are subject to the rules everyone else is. still don't like him being there, maybe it's because the best women players are not there but he is because he is a male and won some tournment that allowed him to qualify,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not disqualifying Tiger shows what a joke golf is.  TV ratings would have dropped 50% without him and we all know TV ratings correlate directly to MONEY. 

PGA = Zero Integrity

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Actually he shouldn't be dq'ed or withdraw. The pga saw no issue with the drop yesterday so that means tiger did not incorrectly fill out his card. Had he then yes auto dq. The pga said today upon further review it was a bad drop and assessed a two spot penalty. The only reason someone us dq'ed is for wrongly filling out a score card.He did not do that so why should he be dq'ed?

The real issue is the pga should've been right there unsteady caught it as it happened assessed the penalty then and boom done no controversy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Normally he would have been DQ, but a couple years ago they passed what they call " the HD TV rule" where it's something to the effect if the player oesnt know he broke a rule it's a 2 shot penalty and not DQ.  No doubt it's for ratings   It was made because fans calling in infractions.   I also believe woods had an illegal drop in the Dubai open this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

well good if he got legitimately, but to feel sorry for him is crazy. if you re there then you are subject to the rules everyone else is. still don't like him being there, maybe it's because the best women players are not there but he is because he is a male and won some tournment that allowed him to qualify,

I know what you're saying. Augusta is run by some of the biggest azz holes on the planet. A few years back my cousin (female) and her 2 daughters wanted to check it out and simply turned into the driveway and a car came racing down and blocked them and security told them to turn around and leave immediately

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I know what you're saying. Augusta is run by some of the biggest azz holes on the planet. A few years back my cousin (female) and her 2 daughters wanted to check it out and simply turned into the driveway and a car came racing down and blocked them and security told them to turn around and leave immediately

Tell her to take the Bently next time    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Actually he shouldn't be dq'ed or withdraw. The pga saw no issue with the drop yesterday so that means tiger did not incorrectly fill out his card. Had he then yes auto dq. The pga said today upon further review it was a bad drop and assessed a two spot penalty. The only reason someone us dq'ed is for wrongly filling out a score card.He did not do that so why should he be dq'ed?

The real issue is the pga should've been right there unsteady caught it as it happened assessed the penalty then and boom done no controversy

I think Woods squandered a tremendous opportunity for redemption.  He should have DQed himself.  It was a chance for him to pay homage to the game that has been so good to him.  It was also an opportunity to redefine his character in the eyes of his detractors.  Even if he wins the tournament, he will be defamed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:

I think Woods squandered a tremendous opportunity for redemption.  He should have DQed himself.  It was a chance for him to pay homage to the game that has been so good to him.  It was also an opportunity to redefine his character in the eyes of his detractors.  Even if he wins the tournament, he will be defamed.

You watch a scorned tiger burn the field.  Then forever it will be suggested the asterisk next to the title.  No sport is safe.  Commie must be dying I started this thread ahead of him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:

o bullcrap they made the decision! the game has been good to him because he's been so damn good for the game!!! and he doesn't need to redefine his character any more than Belichick does. He's a black man making it big in a  WHITE MAN s world , he doesn't owe anybody anything!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The first problem is he made a mistake that he should have realized at the time.  This is not a difficult rule for a professional golfer to understand.

The second problem is the initial review by the Committee found no error (utter stupidity IMO).

Once the round was completed and the scorecard was signed the Committee took a fresh look.  At that point, and only then could they legitimately invoke rule 33-7 (this application has nothing to do with HDTV).

But Tiger still had the opportunity to DQ himself.  Golf used to be above other games/sports for the enforcement of rules.   Not any more IMO.

Tiger, you are no Bobby Jones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Woods second shot on 15 hits the pin spins back into the water.  He drops , plants one still, taps in for bogey.   Well arm chair referees have determined that he didn't drop the ball close enough to the original spot, thus a 2 stroke penalty and or possible disqualification.   I hope he withdraws to kill the tv ratings.   How cheesy

Greg Norman thinks he should withdraw for the integrity and honor of the game of golf.  He has until 1:45 to withdraw from the tournament and show that he does not think that he is bigger than the tradition of the game. His past history with integrity would suggest that he will play. But don't worry the media will have his back and it will all go away soon enough, except for those people who know the game of golf.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

The first problem is he made a mistake that he should have realized at the time.  This is not a difficult rule for a professionalgolfer to understand.

The second problem is the initial review by the Committee found no error (utter stupidity IMO).

Once the round was completed and the scorecard was signed the Committee took a fresh look.  At that point, and only then could they legitimately invoke rule 33-7 (this application has nothing to do with HDTV).

But Tiger still had the opportunity to DQ himself.  Golf used to be above other games/sports for the enforcement of rules.   Not any more IMO.

hey catfish you ever take a mulligan?  you ever forget those whifs out in the rough, you ever write down a 6 when it was actually an 11. integrity --in golf- I don't know any other game where people cheat so much and get away with it. an I don't think tiger gives a damn what anybody thinks anymore than Belichick does!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Tell her to take the Bently next time    

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to user_1807930's comment:

Greg Norman thinks he should withdraw for the integrity and honor of the game of golf.  He has until 1:45 to withdraw from the tournament and show that he does not think that he is bigger than the tradition of the game. His past history with integrity would suggest that he will play. But don't worry the media will have his back and it will all go away soon enough, except for those people who know the game of golf.

RESPONSE: Why should Woods withdraw over that bs call? He's invested his time...and his time is money...to play in the tournament. The best way to get back at those over officious jerks is to come back strong, and win the tournament...despite the obvious disadvantage.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Golf sucks.  Who cares.

*Edit: Playing it is one thing.  But watching it?  No thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The first problem is he made a mistake that he should have realized at the time.  This is not a difficult rule for a professionalgolfer to understand.

hey catfish you ever take a mulligan?  you ever forget those whifs out in the rough, you ever write down a 6 when it was actually an 11. integrity --in golf- I don't know any other game where people cheat so much and get away with it. an I don't think tiger gives a damn what anybody thinks anymore than Belichick does!!

yes I have ... too many times to count.
    Everything you say is correct.  But you are talking about weekend golfers.  Professional golfers are held to the rules.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to user_1807930's comment:

RESPONSE: Why should Woods withdraw over that bs call? He's invested his time...and his time is money...to play in the tournament. The best way to get back at those over officious jerks is to come back strong, and win the tournament...despite the obvious disadvantage.  

Response to your Response: After his round yesterday he said in his interview that he dropped the ball a couple of feet from his divot because he was going to hit the same shot and was concerned that he might get the same result. The rule is very specific about dropping the ball as close to the original divot as possible. A couple feet does not cut it. I would have to suspend disbelief that Tiger or Caddy does not know the rule concerning taking a drop. His intent was to break the rule which is a Disqualification. He then signed his score card with the wrong score.  Three professional golfers have been DQ'd this year for signing a wrong score card. None of them were named TIGER. The major infraction was his admitted intent when he dropped the ball.

Now unfortunately the spokesman for the Masters rules committee sounded like a $1,000.00 an hour lawyer representing Ken Lay. Golf is the only sport that is supposed to be self regulating. But every body sees this for what it is: SHOW ME THE MONEY. 

Any way I can't add anything else and I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The golf channel refered to it as the hd tv rule.  Don't kill the messager

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Actually the wardens at the Masters penitentairy made a horrible call. First of all the 14 year old boy won the Pan-Asian ametuer qualifiying tournament and if he was playing slow what were the folks in front of him doing? Also you play with two others on the first two days,so what were they doing and why weren't they penalized?  As for Tiger the additional two stroke penalty was uncalled for. He played within the rules of the USGA,he's only required to drop the ball in the reasonable same area as his previous shot,which he did a few feet from the prior shot further away from the pin as the rules require so's not to move closer to the pin. If I were Tiger I would have thanked them politely for the penaly shot and then WD from the event,leaving the Masters with only the 14 year old Chinese boy for them to fawn over in the TV booth.

Sections
Shortcuts