Off subject. The flu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Off subject. The flu

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got the flu shot and seemed to be holding up okay.

However, on Christmas Eve I started to come down with a cold. Sore throat, feeling cruddy, etc. I hit it hard and heavy. Made sure to take my vitamins, drank lots of airbornes, got plenty of fluids, etc, etc. I seemed to have fended it off, and although the symptoms would still pop up here and there, I never got really sick. 

This past Monday, though, I woke up and felt a little off. Sinus pressure, cough still lingering, and just a little under the weather. Come Monday afternoon I was starting to feel worse and worse, and by the time I was ready to go to bed I was full-on sick again. I woke up at 3:15 am Monday night/Tuesday morning and I was awake for an hour with an absolutely awful sore throat. 

I've just felt miserable the past two days. A bit fever'ish with the chills at times, sinus pressure, a bit of a cough, sore-thorat, lots of brown'ish-yellow discharge from my nose... just horrible. And then today I've been achy... back and neck in particular are stiff and sore.

I'm not sure if it's the flu, but it sure does stink.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your troubles, dreighvers.  I've encountered the same type of sickness over the years and the best advice I can give you is to take Nyquil at night, Dayquil during the day, and drink lots of fluids, preferably OJ and water.  Get plenty of rest and you should be back feeling decent in 2 days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I get a Flu shot every October and never got the Flu. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My family lives in ct.  They tell me that the flu is so bad there they is no room in hospitals for patients to go.  I'm in the Midwest and really nothing to speak of.  How about where you are?

[/QUOTE]

I'm in the midwest too (STL.) and it's pretty rampant here, got a flu shot in Oct. and still got a bad cold(resperatory) that lasted 2 weeks, don't know if it was the flu or just abad cold. all Iknow is that it sucked, but Ididn't miss any work! I only started getting flu shots 2 years ago because my wife has a weak immune system so, the doctors didn't want either of us taking chances!!KMc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

18 flu deaths in Massachusetts, 4 in Boston.

http://news.yahoo.com/flu-season-boston-declaring-health-emergency-175058891.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow the tv exploded with this. Half the country has problems.