Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

There seems to be confusion about the purpose of tipping for some.

It is to allow the customer leeway in compensation for the service which induces the server to aim to please and therefore gain greater compensation.

Obviously a system without tipping replaced by paying higher wages takes the incentive for good service completely out of the customer's hands (kind of like communism vs capitalism).

Either way you are going to pay. Business don't last long if they don't turn a profit. The only question here is whether you want to have the greater control of performance that tipping allows.

Notice most all tipping situations are in circumstances where you are out to "have a good time". These events are not about necessities. They are typically luxuries associated with recreation of some sort. Most people don't want some malcontent serving person to spoil their experience, so therefore - tipping.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

I tip, but there are so many things wrong with this post that it's hard to know where to begin.

First, if you want to induce better service from your server, why wouldn't you tip in advance?  If you think someone is motivated mostly by money then having the sure thing up front is better than hoping for what may be given after the meal.

[/QUOTE]

Hunh? You think tipping in advance increases your chances of better service?

I suppose you think giving an employee a raise before they have shown good performance is the way to go as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Second, there are countries all over Europe and elsewhere that survive quite well without tips.  In the US the law allows employers to pay servers below minimum wage and it is expected that the paying customer will subsidize the differential.

The tipping system allows the serving person to share in the feast/famine aspects that are the reality of the restaurant business. So in Europe if it's slow they send people home. Either way the restaurant has to make a profit and that is based on how many people walk through the door. I've dined in Europe and the service was okay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Third, don't ever compare this to communism vs. capitalism.  I have a distribution business.  We provide customer service.  There are no tips involved in any way.  However, businesses within our industry survive and fail on customer service all the time.  That is pure capitalism.  It could work in the restaurant industry too, but there are powerful lobbies that want to maintain the status quo.

Apples and oranges. A distributor is just a middle man selling many of the exact same products another distributor is selling. Of course the only criteria that is used to judge them is how benignly they blood suck the system. What else are they going to do other than actually be efficient in their taking a cut to pass on a product?

A restaurant actually produces a product and provides an ambiance in addition to the service.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not blindly making anything up. Reread what you have posted and you will see how many have come to the same conclusion about you and your love of humanity. If you do and honestly feel that you come across as a standup guy based on your posts then I don't know what else to say. 

You are basing your thougths about a person on some posts on one topic on a webpage message board.  I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that anyone is a "greedy, bitter, pathetic excuse for a human" with so little info.

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, you can tell a lot about someone based on what they post. You seem to have an obvious disregard for people who are struggling in life as if they don't matter. If you don't like the way people judge you then maybe you should rethink some of the things you post, because if multiple people have come to the same conclusion about you then that should be pretty telling. 

Go ahead, call me an a-h***. I'm sure more people call you one behind your back than they do me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

May I ask a question? Who tips someone when ordering take out?  I've never tipped anyone anything when I drive my car to an establishment and pick up take out.

If people want to tip as a nice gesture maybe for great service or if they go to a place a lot for take out, then great.

But, tipping is really about the dining experience. I usually go over 15% when I tip because I know they're working hard for peanuts and 99% of the time the service in places I go into is consistently very good or great, but if service is horrendous, I have sometimes left well below 15%.   Why should anyone who walks into a place to spend their money, be treated like crap, and then give 15%?  That sort of defeats the purpose of the art of waiting tables.

But, I don't see what Brees did as cheap or out of line even if he has millions.

This is an odd day.  This is the second post today of yours that I've read that I appreciate.  Maybe we're turning a corner!

Tipping on takeout is flat out silly.  The restaurant owner came out and said that it was nice of Brees to tip on the takeout order because people rarely do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The only time I do it is when I pay with cash and there is a tip jar there and I the 75 cents or whatever it is makes more sense to them as a contribution to the tip jar than to me.

But, I don't even see anyone lobbing cash left and right into a tip jar like it's a thing you have to do.

Tip jars irk me.  I often see them at Dunkins.  As if the person filling my $2.32 cup of coffee gets a tip.  Ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Believe it or not, you can tell a lot about someone based on what they post.

Awesome!  let's hear about whaty kind of person I am!  Haha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You're a newer fan, new to the game, who is not from New England and bandwagoned over here in 2001 after many of us had been waiting through 2-14 seasons for even a sniff of a real shot at a SB.

With today's TV packages, not being from New England doesn't make a difference.  There are plenty of Pats fans who have never been to a game in Foxboro.

Considering it's 2013, a fan from 2001 has been with the team for a long time.  Nothing wrong with that.

Any person who pledges allegiance to the Pats is okay in my book.  It doesn't matter from where or for how long.  People's lives are their's to live.

None of the reasons you've given are viable for looking down your nose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

May I ask a question? Who tips someone when ordering take out?  I've never tipped anyone anything when I drive my car to an establishment and pick up take out.

If people want to tip as a nice gesture maybe for great service or if they go to a place a lot for take out, then great.

But, tipping is really about the dining experience. I usually go over 15% when I tip because I know they're working hard for peanuts and 99% of the time the service in places I go into is consistently very good or great, but if service is horrendous, I have sometimes left well below 15%.   Why should anyone who walks into a place to spend their money, be treated like crap, and then give 15%?  That sort of defeats the purpose of the art of waiting tables.

But, I don't see what Brees did as cheap or out of line even if he has millions.

Totally agree... i do sometimes tip on take out or ice cream ect... but i don't feel anyone needs too...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well from what you have said it seems like you actually give two shots about other people so you're ok in my book. The only book No Shot reminds me of is the Sneetches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a newer fan, new to the game, who is not from New England and bandwagoned over here in 2001 after many of us had been waiting through 2-14 seasons for even a sniff of a real shot at a SB.

lol

So, you're a coat tail rider. 

Stick to the photoshopping.  You should know your limits with regards to talent. bawaaha

[/QUOTE]

You are a troll Rusty.  You know I was a Pats fan prior to 2001 so just stop playing the baby games.  And Don't you live in Carolina? You must be a Panthers fan.  I mean seriously, who else would knock one of the greatest QB's of all time and defend a poor defense time and again.

You should focus a little more on your daily phone job and maybe less on your trolling here!

Bwahahahaha!!  Loser!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Not tipping for takeout is a non-issue. Who cares? Doesn't matter if it's a $20 takeout of $70, or how much the person makes. It's NOT customary to tip on takeout. If one does, that's fine, if not, it's fine too.

Back to football...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let me explain for you dumbkoff. I doubt if many or any of us normal folks tip on a takeout.

But when you're making $20 mil a year and decide to tip a takeout order, leaving $3 looks really cheapskate. If he left nothing nobody would have said a thing. Get it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

So, you're a coat tail rider. 

Stick to the photoshopping.  You should know your limits with regards to talent. bawaaha

[/QUOTE]

You are a troll Rusty.  You know I was a Pats fan prior to 2001 so just stop playing the baby games.  And Don't you live in Carolina? You must be a Panthers fan.  I mean seriously, who else would knock one of the greatest QB's of all time and defend a poor defense time and again.

You should focus a little more on your daily phone job and maybe less on your trolling here!

Bwahahahaha!!  Loser!

[/QUOTE]

I made a thread a while ago about how/why Rusty is a disgruntled Panthers' fan. In one of their more anal moments the mods deleted the op on the thread. Incidentally, that was why I proclaimed my last retirement from the board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

This is an odd day.  This is the second post today of yours that I've read that I appreciate.  Maybe we're turning a corner!

Tipping on takeout is flat out silly.  The restaurant owner came out and said that it was nice of Brees to tip on the takeout order because people rarely do.

[/QUOTE]

When you find yourself agreeing with the most anal poster on the entire board too often, it's time for a self-evaluation. You and your fellow 2%er have a lot in common it seems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Let me explain for you dumbkoff. I doubt if many or any of us normal folks tip on a takeout.

But when you're making $20 mil a year and decide to tip a takeout order, leaving $3 looks really cheapskate. If he left nothing nobody would have said a thing. Get it?

What if he walked in with $77 in cash, the bill came to $74 and he just unloaded the last 3 dollars he had on him for the tip?

Again, it's way better than nothing and he didn't have to give them anything. I am pretty sure this is a stupid story, especially considering how much money he has given to charities along with his time.

It's another selfish, possible Millenial working behind some counter somewhere in some SD restaurant thinking they're entitled to more because Brees makes 20 million per.

Just another problem in our society in general, in my opinion, Diapers.

This is pretty goofy even for you.

If you can't get why people think a guy making $20 mil a year leaving a $3 tip under any circumstances makes him look like a cheapskate, then there is no hope for you.

Oh wait, there is no hope for you anyway. You've proven that well over 10,000 times here. LMAO@U

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In 2012, the NFL and NFLPA teamed up to donate a million bucks to the Hurricane Sandy relief fund.  A multi-billion dollar enterprise, they gave a million.

Drew Brees also gave a million dollars.

Yeah, he's cheap.  How wakka-wakka stupid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Babe wants Drew Brees to have enough cash in his pocket for a proper tip to give to some tool behind a counter at a sandwich shop in SD, so he thinks you're wrong. lol

He used a credit/debit card to pay.  Regardless, the guy gave a million dollars to charity last year.  Cheap is the last word to describe him...ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

As for tipping in general, I disagree with the whole system.  It exists to allow the restaurants to underpay their staff.  I am a minimal tipper.  $10 is my maximum for when I'm paying for the table.  When I'm only covering my own bill, it's $4.  It's not my job to pay the employees of someone else's business. 

"But NAS, they need that to live."  Not my issue.  I need my money to live, today and tomorrow. 

The idea of 15% is such a bogus concept.  Why should the waitress make more money because I ordered the steak instead of the salad?  She drops off the order, she picks it up, she brings it to me.  No extra work is involved.  If my table has 10 Sam Adams, 10 Budweisers, or 10 Grey Goose shots, it's still the same girl bringing 10 drinks to the table.  Why should it cost me more...because it costs me more?

I've read some pretty ignorant comments on this board over the years, but this is easily one of the dumbest, most ignorant things I've ever read. While I agree tipping for take out is not mandatory or needed....not tipping the people who serve you food & drinks is just classless. Wake up...seriously. If you can't afford to tip the people that bust their butt for you, then you do not deserve to be dining out. Stick to fast food you imbecile.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I've read some pretty ignorant comments on this board over the years, but this is easily one of the dumbest, most ignorant things I've ever read. While I agree tipping for take out is not mandatory or needed....not tipping the people who serve you food & drinks is just classless. Wake up...seriously. If you can't afford to tip the people that bust their butt for you, then you do not deserve to be dining out. Stick to fast food you imbecile.

At which point did I say I don't tip?

I didn't.  "You imbecile."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

You said $10 was your max no matter what the bill is.....and $4 if paying for only yourself. Could you be anymore of a selfish cheap classless pr!ck? You are totally clueless about the restaurant industry. Wait....just make that totally clueless. For you to even try to defend your earlier statements just shows how incredibly cheap you are. I'm sure your family is proud. Freakin moron.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In 2012, the NFL and NFLPA teamed up to donate a million bucks to the Hurricane Sandy relief fund.  A multi-billion dollar enterprise, they gave a million.

Looks like he should have donated $999,993 and kept $7 so he could have made the takeout tip he decided to leave a 10 spot and not looked like a cheapskate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Babe wants Drew Brees to have enough cash in his pocket for a proper tip to give to some tool behind a counter at a sandwich shop in SD, so he thinks you're wrong. lol

[/QUOTE]

No way you ever graduated from college. Your ability to comprehend is far too puny for that to have ever been a successful venture. That combined with your built in dishonesty makes nearly your every post an abomination.

I haven't said Brees is a cheapskate dumbkoff. I said he (like you) is a phoney. I have said this incident makes him look like a cheapskate, and it obviously does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He could have left nothing.  

Yeah, DUH! And that's what he should have left rather than $3. When you make $20 mil a year that looks cheap. He wasn't expected to tip on a takeout so he shouldn't have. By doing so he subjects himself to the opinion of others on his generosity vs income.

There is no surprise that you just can't grasp this, because you basically just can't grasp anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look, the cat's out of the bag here. You're a cheapskate. All the rationalizing in the world doesn't change that.

I for one don't hold that against you, but it's just the wrong way to be.

Sections
Shortcuts