Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I'm wondering where anonymis eats where he gets all this bad service?  I mean, really, how often do you get truly bad service?  Mediocre, sure.  But rarely do I get truly bad service, and I'd say far more often than not the service I get is quite good.  But then, I'm usually projecting a positive attitude toward my server too . . . 

what difference does it make.  Wherever I do eat, waiters/waitresses who provide better service get better tips. Those who give poor service, don't.  Ooops, too hard for u to understand. my bad.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is a question for everyone....

You stop by an eating place by yourself.  There is a lunch special for $6, the same meal they serve at dinner time for around $10-$12, except the lunch special is a little smaller.  So you get your bill, the total is $8.  How much are you leaving for a tip?

Another reason why tipping by percentage is total BS.

[/QUOTE]

agreed.  I usually tip a higher percentage for taking up space that could have been used for larger parties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is a story I heard a while back about Michael Jordan being a cheap tipper.

Jordan was playing cards in a private game in Vegas.  Wayne Gretzky was also playing at the table.  Jordan orders a drink and tips the waitress a $5 chip.  Gretzky took the $5 chip off the waitress's tray, gave it back to Jordan, grabbed a $100 chip from Jordan's stack and gave it to the waitress then told Jordan... That's how we tip in Vegas!

Jordan has a rep for being cheap and horrible to fans.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

George Costanza tried to tip for take-out once.  Got him banned.  Another reason to avoid it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWjtDhGQFg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Jordan was playing cards in a private game in Vegas.  Wayne Gretzky was also playing at the table.  Jordan orders a drink and tips the waitress a $5 chip.  Gretzky took the $5 chip off the waitress's tray, gave it back to Jordan, grabbed a $100 chip from Jordan's stack and gave it to the waitress then told Jordan... That's how we tip in Vegas!

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Jordan should have punched gretzky in the face or just bent his daughter over later. You don't try and embarrass someone or show them up in front of the waitress you talk to him about it after so the dude can make it right if he agree with you, on the next drink drop off.

As far as the tipping story in general. Who cares. It's another non story. It's take out. You walk in, you grab a bag of stuff, you pay, you walk out. No tip necessary for ringing the register. If you want to, fine, nice gesture, if you don't, fine. How much you earn for an income is irrelevent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You not tipping is why they are just handing you a bag.  Try it sometime, if there is a place you get take out often then start giving a couple bucks as a tip and see if anything changes over time. 

I'm there to pick up my food and leave.  I don't want them to do anything else but hand it to me.  Tipping at takeout is absurd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

agreed.  I usually tip a higher percentage for taking up space that could have been used for larger parties.

If we're at a restaurant for a game and we take up a guy's booth for 3+ hours, swilling soda refills and taking his time, he'll certainly get more from me.  If the place is dead, he'll get less than if the place is busy and I'm basically screwing him out of two other parties.

None of it has to do with the size of my bill, however.  I've watched a game at a place and tipped $10 on a $15 bill, just because we were there for a long time.  I've also stopped in, had a $40 steak and left my customary $4.

If waitpeople need tips to live, they either have to just deal with it or find something else to do with their time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I had a son who worked at a restaurant in high school and a daughter who waited tables during college.....I always, ALWAYS, pay the server a minimum of 20% unless the server is a rude jerk...these folks live off their tips and they have to put up with lots of grief from morons...I have no problem helping them out and 99% of them earn every penny, usually with a smile on their face...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

If we're at a restaurant for a game and we take up a guy's booth for 3+ hours, swilling soda refills and taking his time, he'll certainly get more from me.  If the place is dead, he'll get less than if the place is busy and I'm basically screwing him out of two other parties.

None of it has to do with the size of my bill, however.  I've watched a game at a place and tipped $10 on a $15 bill, just because we were there for a long time.  I've also stopped in, had a $40 steak and left my customary $4.

If waitpeople need tips to live, they either have to just deal with it or find something else to do with their time.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I'm wondering where anonymis eats where he gets all this bad service?  I mean, really, how often do you get truly bad service?  Mediocre, sure.  But rarely do I get truly bad service, and I'd say far more often than not the service I get is quite good.  But then, I'm usually projecting a positive attitude toward my server too . . . 

And, one comment before I jet out for dinner tonight. Who the f*** do you think you are? IMO, you're one of the biggest a-holes here. You wanna know why? Cuz you come off as a snob who actually believes that you're a better human being than everyone else.  You really think that other's should have your beliefs and same opinions as you. Guess what, most of us can actually think for ourselves - and don't need you to tell us how to live our lives. I believe in preserving peoples options, you don't.

I believe in the choice for a mother and father to choose whether they wish to have an abortion or keep it.  Sure isn't up to you.

I believe that social programs should be time limited.

I believe that people should be able to choose the religion/philosophy of their own choosing.

I believe in my choice to own a gun or not. Just bought another on yesterday.

God Bless America for our ability to choose, and God Bless  S&W and Springfield Armory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Jordan should have punched gretzky in the face or just bent his daughter over later. You don't try and embarrass someone or show them up in front of the waitress you talk to him about it after so the dude can make it right if he agree with you, on the next drink drop off.

As far as the tipping story in general. Who cares. It's another non story. It's take out. You walk in, you grab a bag of stuff, you pay, you walk out. No tip necessary for ringing the register. If you want to, fine, nice gesture, if you don't, fine. How much you earn for an income is irrelevent.

[/QUOTE]

I actually found it interesting that this non-football discussion got you out of hibernation.

I agree with what you are saying on tips.

BTW... question for the tip experts. People say 15% is the customary tip. Is that 15% of pre-tax bill or after-tax bill? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

BTW... Brees leaving $3 on a 74$ bill is not a non issue.

What I have an issue with is actually taking a picture of that receipt with Brees' name on it. Good thing restaurants don't print the full credit card number on recepts anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I meant to say Brees $3 tip is a non-issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I've also stopped in, had a $40 steak and left my customary $4.

If the service is bad then reduce the tip accordingly, sure, I am okay with that.  But if you get good service would it really hurt ya to leave an extra $2-$3?  A lot of kids are working their way through school, older people might be doing it for a 2nd job.  I would bet a couple extra bucks would help them more then it would hurt you.  That is as long as they provide a good service to you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm always on the road, eat out a lot. If you go to any other country in the world they say 10%. I usually leave 20-25%. Sometimes with takeout ill throw a few $ in the jar. When I go to the hotel I leave the maid a$ everyday.  They won't steal from you if you do that. In brazil that could double a house keepers salary per month. They will fold your dirty laundry. I leave the lady at the breakfast buffet a $ everyday too.  I make sure everyone there sees me do it too. Guilt the cheap azzes out of a buck

i will not tolerate crappy service. I won't stiff them because they will think you didnt remember. Ill leave like $1.13 just to let them know. It doesn't happen often but it does. I just don't o back. Most places the servers know me and o out of their way to make sure I'm taken care of.  

After you make your money your rated on your kindness and generosity.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm always on the road, eat out a lot. If you go to any other country in the world they say 10%. I usually leave 20-25%. Sometimes with takeout ill throw a few $ in the jar. When I go to the hotel I leave the maid a$ everyday.  They won't steal from you if you do that. In brazil that could double a house keepers salary per month. They will fold your dirty laundry. I leave the lady at the breakfast buffet a $ everyday too.  I make sure everyone there sees me do it too. Guilt the cheap azzes out of a buck

i will not tolerate crappy service. I won't stiff them because they will think you didnt remember. Ill leave like $1.13 just to let them know. It doesn't happen often but it does. I just don't o back. Most places the servers know me and o out of their way to make sure I'm taken care of.  

After you make your money your rated on your kindness and generosity.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

You got it right!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually found it interesting that this non-football discussion got you out of hibernation.

BTW... question for the tip experts. People say 15% is the customary tip. Is that 15% of pre-tax bill or after-tax bill? 

[/QUOTE]

Everything is pre tax in my World. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the service is bad then reduce the tip accordingly, sure, I am okay with that.  But if you get good service would it really hurt ya to leave an extra $2-$3?  A lot of kids are working their way through school, older people might be doing it for a 2nd job.  I would bet a couple extra bucks would help them more then it would hurt you.  That is as long as they provide a good service to you.

I don't work to give money away. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It’s foolish to tip on takeout.  That money goes in the cashier’s pocket.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brees = Biggest phoney in the NFL.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The standard tipping etiquette for being served is 10% on drinks and 20% on food.

Obviously if you're filthy rich and you choose to tip a takeout order, tipping $3 makes you look like a cheap bastich. Better to tip nothing in that case.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pre-tax.  But I would say most people base their tip of total bill.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The standard tipping etiquette for being served is 10% on drinks and 20% on food.

Obviously if you're filthy rich and you choose to tip a takeout order, tipping $3 makes you look like a cheap bastich. Better to tip nothing in that case.

$3 makes ya look cheap if you are making Drew Breese Money,  But to say $3 makes joe blow look cheap compared to not tipping anything then I disagree with you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

$3 makes ya look cheap if you are making Drew Breese Money,  But to say $3 makes joe blow look cheap compared to not tipping anything then I disagree with you.

[/QUOTE]