Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Off Topic; Drew Brees = Cheap Son of a gun!

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is a story I heard a while back about Michael Jordan being a cheap tipper.

Jordan was playing cards in a private game in Vegas.  Wayne Gretzky was also playing at the table.  Jordan orders a drink and tips the waitress a $5 chip.  Gretzky took the $5 chip off the waitress's tray, gave it back to Jordan, grabbed a $100 chip from Jordan's stack and gave it to the waitress then told Jordan... That's how we tip in Vegas!

Jordan has a rep for being cheap and horrible to fans.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Jordan should have punched gretzky in the face or just bent his daughter over later. You don't try and embarrass someone or show them up in front of the waitress you talk to him about it after so the dude can make it right if he agree with you, on the next drink drop off.

As far as the tipping story in general. Who cares. It's another non story. It's take out. You walk in, you grab a bag of stuff, you pay, you walk out. No tip necessary for ringing the register. If you want to, fine, nice gesture, if you don't, fine. How much you earn for an income is irrelevent.

[/QUOTE]

I actually found it interesting that this non-football discussion got you out of hibernation.

I agree with what you are saying on tips.

BTW... question for the tip experts. People say 15% is the customary tip. Is that 15% of pre-tax bill or after-tax bill? 

[/QUOTE]

Pre-tax.  But I would say most people base their tip of total bill.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Used to be serving people just reported their tips to the IRS. Obviously not all tips were reported. Then the IRS set a flat 8% minimum on the bill (not counting tax). If more is reported of course they subtract that. So if you give less than 8% they well may chase you and give it back out of disgust for your cheapness.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

You can just use the percentage as a minimum . . . it's up to you to give more if you think it's a fairer price. 

This is where the flawed practice continues.  One guy orders a $40 steak.  The other guy gets a salad.  They get separate checks.  The first guy should tip more...for what reason?

[/QUOTE]

It's just the way it works.  You may not like the system, but your little protest comes at someone else's expense.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

If waitpeople need tips to live, they either have to just deal with it or find something else to do with their time.

If everyone tipped like you, there'd be no one waiting tables.  Fortunately for waiters, most diners aren't such boors. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I'm wondering where anonymis eats where he gets all this bad service?  I mean, really, how often do you get truly bad service?  Mediocre, sure.  But rarely do I get truly bad service, and I'd say far more often than not the service I get is quite good.  But then, I'm usually projecting a positive attitude toward my server too . . . 

And, one comment before I jet out for dinner tonight. Who the f*** do you think you are? IMO, you're one of the biggest a-holes here. You wanna know why? Cuz you come off as a snob who actually believes that you're a better human being than everyone else.  You really think that other's should have your beliefs and same opinions as you. Guess what, most of us can actually think for ourselves - and don't need you to tell us how to live our lives. I believe in preserving peoples options, you don't.

I believe in the choice for a mother and father to choose whether they wish to have an abortion or keep it.  Sure isn't up to you.

I believe that social programs should be time limited.

I believe that people should be able to choose the religion/philosophy of their own choosing.

I believe in my choice to own a gun or not. Just bought another on yesterday.

God Bless America for our ability to choose, and God Bless  S&W and Springfield Armory.

Sorry, man, but I just don't think it's right to accuse waitstaff of "having a sense of entitlement" because they want to get paid for their work.  I think that's just kind of crappy and meanspirited.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's just the way it works.  You may not like the system, but your little protest comes at someone else's expense.    

It's no "little protest".  As long as it's legal, I will spend my money any damn way I choose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If everyone tipped like you, there'd be no one waiting tables.  Fortunately for waiters, most diners aren't such boors. 

Or, maybe the industry would change.  Maybe the waitresses would stop going to work for peanuts.  Maybe then the restaurants would pick up the bill on payroll instead of dumping it on the diners. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Or, maybe the industry would change.  Maybe the waitresses would stop going to work for peanuts.  Maybe then the restaurants would pick up the bill on payroll instead of dumping it on the diners. 

If you got everyone in the country to do it, sure, the system would change.  But don't kid yourself.  Holding out on tipping your waitress isn't going to change a thing . . . all  it's going to do is reduce your waitress's (already low) income. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you got everyone in the country to do it, sure, the system would change.  But don't kid yourself.  Holding out on tipping your waitress isn't going to change a thing . . . all  it's going to do is reduce your waitress's (already low) income. 

Why should I care what an employee at a store that I shop at makes?  They aren't indentured servants.  If she's poor because she's going to school at the same time, maybe she should re-think the timing of school.  If she's poor because she's a single mother, maybe she should have made better choices.  If she's poor because of XYZ, it's not my fault. 

Yes, it'll reduce her already low income (which isn't my responsibility to pay), but it will also do something else:  It will leave more of my money in my pocket.  I worked very hard in my younger years to get into and to graduate from a heck of a school.  I paid off my student loans by making good choices at the right times.  I have spent my life getting to where I am. 

You can bet your life that I'll never give an extra penny for takeout, and I'll tip based on work accomplished, not based upon what society thinks is acceptable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Why should I care what an employee at a store that I shop at makes?  They aren't indentured servants.  If she's poor because she's going to school at the same time, maybe she should re-think the timing of school.  If she's poor because she's a single mother, maybe she should have made better choices.  If she's poor because of XYZ, it's not my fault. 

Yes, it'll reduce her already low income (which isn't my responsibility to pay), but it will also do something else:  It will leave more of my money in my pocket.  I worked very hard in my younger years to get into and to graduate from a heck of a school.  I paid off my student loans by making good choices at the right times.  I have spent my life getting to where I am. 

You can bet your life that I'll never give an extra penny for takeout, and I'll tip based on work accomplished, not based upon what society thinks is acceptable.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm . . . I don't know . . . maybe because caring is the Christian thing to do?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ummm . . . I don't know . . . maybe because caring is the Christian thing to do?

None of them are stopping by my office and leaving a few bucks on my desk...ever.

LOL @ Christian things to do. 

Diddling little boys is also the Christian thing to do, but you won't convince me to partake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

None of them are stopping by my office and leaving a few bucks on my desk...ever.

LOL @ Christian things to do. 

Diddling little boys is also the Christian thing to do, but you won't convince me to partake.

[/QUOTE]

Have you served them their dinners yet?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

NAS, you make me sick. I know that nothing I say will change how you think, but I just want you to know that you are a greedy, bitter, pathetic excuse for a human. Have some compassion for others, it might make you happier.

Have you ever done volunteer work? I used to help out with Big Brothers/Big Sisters along with other charity groups, and there is nothing like having a person tell you that you have positively influenced and changed their lives. I know that tipping is far from doing work like that, but it helps out people who need it and makes their lives easier. When I die I will do so knowing that I have helped others and improved their lives while they hopefully do the same for others. What will happen when you die? Your money will go to your beneficiaries. I like my choice.

I'm sorry, but people who don't seem to care for others really irk me.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

NAS, you make me sick. I know that nothing I say will change how you think, but I just want you to know that you are a greedy, bitter, pathetic excuse for a human. Have some compassion for others, it might make you happier.

Have you ever done volunteer work?

Hahaha, you gotta be kidding me!  He is a kind, generous man said no one ever!!  This remark from NAS speaks volumes about him..

[QUOTE]

If she's poor because she's going to school at the same time, maybe she should re-think the timing of school.  If she's poor because she's a single mother, maybe she should have made better choices.  If she's poor because of XYZ, it's not my fault. 

[/QUOTE]

Here is a guy who seemed to make it through the struggles of life without any help from anyone and holds a grudge about it.  There will be a day where he will be in dire need of something, hope he remembers his post. 

Hey, if you don't have the money to be a little better tipper then that's okay.  But if you have the dough and chooses to be a tight wad on principle, then that's a different story.  Really, what's a few extra bucks here and there for someone who is working a tough job with terrible pay in order to make ends meet for them and possibly their family.  Are you related to Drew Brees?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I have to say I always tip 20% but there has been a few times where service was bad and there was not reason for it to be... IE slow time of day where the staff is standing around taking and not being attentive I have tipped less.  Takeout I rarely tip and i think this is such a non issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NICE GUY EDDIE
                    Okay, everybody cough up green for
                    the little lady.

Everybody whips out a buck, and throws it on the table.
           Everybody, that is, except Mr. White.

NICE GUY EDDIE
                     C'mon, throw in a buck.

MR. WHITE
                     Uh-uh.  I don't tip.

NICE GUY EDDIE
                     Whaddaya mean you don't tip?

MR. WHITE
                     I don't believe in it.

NICE GUY EDDIE
                     You don't believe in tipping?

MR. PINK
                             (laughing)
                     I love this kid, he's a madman,
                     this guy.

MR. BLONDE
                     Do you have any idea what these
                     ladies make?  They make s#*@.

MR. WHITE
                     Don't give me that.  She don't
                     make enough money, she can quit.

Everybody laughs.

NICE GUY EDDIE I don't even know a Jew who'd have the balls to say that. So let's get this straight. You never ever tip? MR. WHITE I don't tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that s#$!'s for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doin their job. MR. BLUE Our girl was nice. MR. WHITE Our girl was okay. She didn't do anything special.

Continue with the script here...... http://www.cthulhu.org/resevoir.txt

Great scene in a great movie!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you do realize if they pay waitresses more then the prices go up, or the tips go down, right? And you realize the tipping system is there to be an inducement for good service, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you do realize if they pay waitresses more then the prices go up, or the tips go down, right? And you realize the tipping system is there to be an inducement for good service, right?

[/QUOTE]

Resturants have a hard enough time making their business work, could you imagine what it would do to the eating places if tips were not given.  Their payroll alone would put them out of business. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There seems to be confusion about the purpose of tipping for some.

It is to allow the customer leeway in compensation for the service which induces the server to aim to please and therefore gain greater compensation.

Obviously a system without tipping replaced by paying higher wages takes the incentive for good service completely out of the customer's hands (kind of like communism vs capitalism).

Either way you are going to pay. Business don't last long if they don't turn a profit. The only question here is whether you want to have the greater control of performance that tipping allows.

Notice most all tipping situations are in circumstances where you are out to "have a good time". These events are not about necessities. They are typically luxuries associated with recreation of some sort. Most people don't want some malcontent serving person to spoil their experience, so therefore - tipping.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

There seems to be confusion about the purpose of tipping for some.

It is to allow the customer leeway in compensation for the service which induces the server to aim to please and therefore gain greater compensation.

Obviously a system without tipping replaced by paying higher wages takes the incentive for good service completely out of the customer's hands (kind of like communism vs capitalism).

Either way you are going to pay. Business don't last long if they don't turn a profit. The only question here is whether you want to have the greater control of performance that tipping allows.

Notice most all tipping situations are in circumstances where you are out to "have a good time". These events are not about necessities. They are typically luxuries associated with recreation of some sort. Most people don't want some malcontent serving person to spoil their experience, so therefore - tipping.

Good post Babe, and I'd argue that restaurant service is generally pretty good simply because wait staff know who is paying their wage and they try hard to please their customers.  There are exceptions of course, but generally you get much better service from restaurant servers than you do from, say, the typical department store clerk (if you can even find one, since most stores try to minimize the number of those they have to pay).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Have you ever done volunteer work?

Quite a damning statement for someone with very, very little knowledge of another.  You don't know anything about me.  You have no idea how much time I have spent helping others or raising money for charity.

So, this immature rant of yours is pretty far off the mark.

Grow up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Sorry, man, but I just don't think it's right to accuse waitstaff of "having a sense of entitlement" because they want to get paid for their work.  I think that's just kind of crappy and meanspirited.   

Sorry, *rick. I clearly state that those servers get tips according to the service received. How is that meanspirited or cheap? You judgemental bahstid.

That being said, yeah, it's my opinion that the restaurant industry and people in the customer service industry feel entitled to tips; regardless of the quality of work they do.  That's not being meanspirited - it's my interpretation of what has been observed.

I believe in the merit system. It's been around for a while.  You want better tips, do a better job. If a server doesn't care and delivers poor service, they get poor tips.  And guess what? Customary tipping practices says that that is okay. 

You diverge on tangents that have nothing to do with the customary tipping system in place. You want people to think you're important because you go to Chez FancyFood every Friday, put on airs about the $40 chop you had that was just overcooked, leave a $20 for a tip, cuz that's how you roll - awww, aren't you a generous bahstid. Get a clue. Just cuz you go to Chez FancyFood that is high dolla - DOES NOT MEAN YOU GET BETTER SERVICE.  Seriously?

Then you turn up your nose at the human beings coming out of the diner next door, judging them as being cheap cuz of the choice of restaurant and being normal people who use customary tipping practices....call them cheap. God, those underserving human beings. They don't even deserved to eat at the diner, do they.

You fawking, hypocrite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey, if you don't have the money to be a little better tipper then that's okay.  But if you have the dough and chooses to be a tight wad on principle, then that's a different story.  Really, what's a few extra bucks here and there for someone who is working a tough job with terrible pay in order to make ends meet for them and possibly their family.  Are you related to Drew Brees?

"tight wad on principle"

It's called, "planning".

Unlike generations past, the govenment isn't going to be able to help most of us when we're old.  We have to plan ahead to avoid bagging groceries when we're 70 years old.  I don't give my money away.  I save and invest.

What's a few extra bucks?  In the long term, unnecessary spending has dire consequences.

I don't really get this attack on me.  You guys like to tip.  I don't.  You don't see me lambasting you for it.  You're acting like I stiffed your mom at the diner.  What's that all about?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Don't bring religion into this. What does religion have to do with being a decent human being? Yeah, all those little boys raped by religious leaders, innocent people getting killed in war because of some religious belief. I just vomited in my mouth.... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

NAS . . . 

I think TFB's movie clip explains it.  There's something anti-social about not wanting to tip people who serve you.  That's why it gets people upset. It's sort of socially unacceptable behaviour.  Like kicking dogs.  Or farting in public. You're free to do all of that . . . just don't expect most others to think highly of you when you do. 

And for anonymis, who's calling me judgmental and a hypocrite.  Isn't it a bit judgmental to dismiss people in the service industry as "entitled" because they expect tips (which is, like it or not, how they get paid)?  I mean if you go to work and expect to get your paycheck on Friday are you being entitled?  Your whole premise is completely judgmental of others who work (and often work quite hard) in the service industry.  You call them all "entitled" (which is a very judgmental word).  Isn't it hypocritical a bit to be calling me judgmental when your original statement which I reacted to was completely judgmental of wait staff (I quote):   "The sense of entitlement is sad. you want it, earn it."  Like waitresses don't earn their money and just expect to be paid.  That's absurd.  

Sections
Shortcuts