Off topic; Drew Brees suing his former long snapper! Can you imagine TB12 ever being this gullible?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Off topic; Drew Brees suing his former long snapper! Can you imagine TB12 ever being this gullible?!

Drew, I think this is part of the reason you have an agent! Let him find your tax credits!

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees sued a former teammate Monday for allegedly advising him to invest $160,000 in tax credits that turned out to be bogus.

The suit filed on Brees' behalf in federal court claims former Saints long snapper Kevin Houser, a licensed securities broker, mishandled the star quarterback's money and failed to disclose his own financial interests in the investments he was promoting.

Several other teammates and coaches sued Houser for allegedly advising them to invest a total of roughly $2 million to buy nonexistent tax credits from a defunct movie studio. Brees' lawyer, Daniel Becnel Jr., said his client had held off on joining them in suing to see if their dispute could be resolved out of court.

"We gave them an opportunity to settle," Becnel said. "We didn't want to file suit. We've been trying to negotiate with them."

Meanwhile, former New Orleans Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey and former Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs reached separate settlements Monday with Houser over the same investment deal. Terms were confidential.

"The parties are happy to have this behind them," said Fred Herman, a lawyer for Shockey and Gibbs.

Houser's attorney didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Saints head coach Sean Payton reached a separate settlement with Houser last month. Former Saints defensive end Charles Grant still has claims pending against Houser that are scheduled to be tried later this month.

Wayne Read, who once ran Louisiana Film Studios LLC, is the only person to face criminal charges over the investment deal.

Read was sentenced to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty in May 2010 to fraud charges. Read never invested the money necessary to obtain the tax credits he sold to his investors, who wanted to use them to reduce their state income-tax liability, according to federal prosecutors.

More than two dozen team members were among Read's victims. Grant paid $425,000. Payton paid $144,000. Former Saints star quarterback Archie Manning and Shockey each paid $80,000.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130610/brees-sues-ex-teammate-tax-credits.ap/#ixzz2W9wiAnCw

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Off topic; Drew Brees suing his former long snapper! Can you imagine TB12 ever being this gullible?!

In response to ImagydFanBostononTwitter's comment:

wouldnt shock me if something similar hasnt befallen brady. lots of sharks out there. give me abreak.. y wouldnt brady sue a brushi if something similar happened? dont make that horse too high that ur sitting on!

Booya! FOLLOW @imagydFanBoston for Boston sports fans around the GLOBE!

Thats why TB12 has an agent you troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Off topic; Drew Brees suing his former long snapper! Can you imagine TB12 ever being this gullible?!

If you don't take care of your money, somebody else will !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm actually surprised that Drew is sueing for that little. I mean compared to what he's made $160k is nothing. I'd just laugh it off and tell the guy to buy me some dinners and forget about it. I mean really, when you've made over $100mil over you life what's $160k in all honesty

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like a lot of people were taken in by the long snapper, including the coach, Sean Payton.  The 160k may not be a lot for Brees, but it sounds like this wasn't just a one-off incident of a guy giving bad advice, but an organized fraudulent business.  That's why Brees is suing I assume.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Oh, if it was a business and not just some advice that the long snapper got taken too then that would be different. I thought the long snapper was taken too and was just spreading the word to friends to invest too. See if the long snapper fell for it then Brees comes out looking bad, however, if the long snapper was running it then by all means sue

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Drew, I think this is part of the reason you have an agent! Let him find your tax credits!

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees sued a former teammate Monday for allegedly advising him to invest $160,000 in tax credits that turned out to be bogus.

The suit filed on Brees' behalf in federal court claims former Saints long snapper Kevin Houser, a licensed securities broker, mishandled the star quarterback's money and failed to disclose his own financial interests in the investments he was promoting.

Several other teammates and coaches sued Houser for allegedly advising them to invest a total of roughly $2 million to buy nonexistent tax credits from a defunct movie studio. Brees' lawyer, Daniel Becnel Jr., said his client had held off on joining them in suing to see if their dispute could be resolved out of court.

"We gave them an opportunity to settle," Becnel said. "We didn't want to file suit. We've been trying to negotiate with them."

Meanwhile, former New Orleans Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey and former Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs reached separate settlements Monday with Houser over the same investment deal. Terms were confidential.

"The parties are happy to have this behind them," said Fred Herman, a lawyer for Shockey and Gibbs.

Houser's attorney didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Saints head coach Sean Payton reached a separate settlement with Houser last month. Former Saints defensive end Charles Grant still has claims pending against Houser that are scheduled to be tried later this month.

Wayne Read, who once ran Louisiana Film Studios LLC, is the only person to face criminal charges over the investment deal.

Read was sentenced to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty in May 2010 to fraud charges. Read never invested the money necessary to obtain the tax credits he sold to his investors, who wanted to use them to reduce their state income-tax liability, according to federal prosecutors.

More than two dozen team members were among Read's victims. Grant paid $425,000. Payton paid $144,000. Former Saints star quarterback Archie Manning and Shockey each paid $80,000.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130610/brees-sues-ex-teammate-tax-credits.ap/#ixzz2W9wiAnCw

If the guy was a licensed securities broker then a suit may very well be proper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to ImagydFanBostononTwitter's comment:

wouldnt shock me if something similar hasnt befallen brady. lots of sharks out there. give me abreak.. y wouldnt brady sue a brushi if something similar happened? dont make that horse too high that ur sitting on!

Booya! FOLLOW @imagydFanBoston for Boston sports fans around the GLOBE!

Thats why TB12 has an agent you troll.

Well, Brees has an agent too, CAA/Tom Condon who is about the best in the biz.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Use your agent to negotiate your contract and to get you other work.  Use a seperate CPA or tax consultant for your taxes.

Financial Advisers are another animal.  There is always something in it for them.  That's OK, but it's up to you to make sure that their interests aren't at the expense of your interests.

If these are all the same person then who is watching him. 

The only person that should handle all your money is you.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts