Off Topic - Floyd Mayweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Off Topic - Floyd Mayweather

Like him or not, best pure boxer since Roy Jones, Jr.  Might not see another boxer like him for many, many years. 

Edit: Roy Jones wasn't a pure boxer like Floyd but GD, RJJ was so freaking athletetic and gifted as a fighter.  Great boxing and carried a freakish ko punch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Off Topic - Floyd Mayweather

I just got home from watching that fight.  Yeah, he doesn't get beat, but he's boring as sin.  He doesn't try to knock anyone out or even injury them.  He just gets his points and plays defense. 

I respect him for never losing, but I don't enjoy his style at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Boxing = dead sport

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I just got home from watching that fight.  Yeah, he doesn't get beat, but he's boring as sin.  He doesn't try to knock anyone out or even injury them.  He just gets his points and plays defense. 

I respect him for never losing, but I don't enjoy his style at all.

I hear ya, but a lot of people really enjoy a boxing display like he puts on.  Me included.  He is just so gifted as a boxer.  Great speed, great angles, great defense.  He is older now but when he was younger it was a thing of beauty to watch him move around the ring, the angles he would give and then land shots out of nowhere. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Boxing = dead sport

Yeah, pretty close, sad but true for the most part.  Amazing amount of money some of the fighters can still generate though.  Mayweather reportedly earned $41.5 million for this fight tonight which put his career earnings at...... $350 million.  Amazing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Boxing = dead sport

Yeah, pretty close, sad but true for the most part.  Amazing amount of money some of the fighters can still generate though.  Mayweather reportedly earned $41.5 million for this fight tonight which put his career earnings at...... $350 million.  Amazing!

It is sad because I grew up watching and enjoying like many here. The power of Vegas and the betting world is amazing.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boxing = dead sport

Not really dead.  The bar I was watching at last night had to close the doors at 9:15 because it was so packed.  Dying, maybe, or not as popular, but you don't get that many people out watching nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A $41.5 million purse shows it's not dead. I don't think I've watched a fight since Muhammad Ali.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Like him or not, best pure boxer since Roy Jones, Jr.  Might not see another boxer like him for many, many years. 

Edit: Roy Jones wasn't a pure boxer like Floyd but GD, RJJ was so freaking athletetic and gifted as a fighter.  Great boxing and carried a freakish ko punch.

True...but I can't stand Mayweather. No way I would pay $50 on PPV, let alone $70, to see him fight. Boring style of fighting. He's a great boxer and defensive fighter, who lacks knock out power. Watching him perform is like watching paint dry. I'd much rather pay $45 on PPV to see an amusing WWE card. What the WWE has done lately with Triple H, The Big Show, Paul Heyman, and Daniel Bryan has been a scream!! LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Canelo looked good for the first half then Mayweather just took off. I agree with NAS, his style is boring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

One of the greatest ever, regardless of the style.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

True...but I can't stand Mayweather. No way I would pay $50 on PPV, let alone $70, to see him fight. Boring style of fighting. He's a great boxer and defensive fighter, who lacks knock out power. Watching him perform is like watching paint dry. I'd much rather pay $45 on PPV to see an amusing WWE card. What the WWE has done lately with Triple H, The Big Show, Paul Heyman, and Daniel Bryan has been a scream!! LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

Some fighters I really enjoy watching them display their boxing skills, especially when they are as good as Mayweather.   Sure I like to see the KO's and the slug fests but a watching a great boxer like that is pretty amazing to see total dominance.

I didn't take you as a WWE fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Canelo looked good for the first half then Mayweather just took off. I agree with NAS, his style is boring.

CJ Ross who had it a draw should have her license taken away.  SHe has had many questionable scores in the past.  She needs to be looked at and possibly removed from the fight game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Some fighters I really enjoy watching them display their boxing skills, especially when they are as good as Mayweather.   Sure I like to see the KO's and the slug fests but a watching a great boxer like that is pretty amazing to see total dominance.

RESPONSE: Mayweather ducked the one guy who could have flattened him, in Manny Pacquiao. After that, I lost interest, and respect for him.

RESPONSE: Been a huge fan ever since I was a mere lad. Great entertainment over the years...from Bruno Sammartino to Hulk Hogan, to Ric Flair, to Shawn Michaels, to Stone Cold Steve Austin, to The Rock, to Mr. McMahon, to Triple H, to John Cena, and now, to C.M. Punk, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan...comical stuff!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

CJ Ross who had it a draw should have her license taken away.  SHe has had many questionable scores in the past.  She needs to be looked at and possibly removed from the fight game.

Perhaps there's a place for this judge with the WWE?? LOL!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Mayweather ducked the one guy who could have flattened him, in Manny Pacquiao. After that, I lost interest, and respect for him.

RESPONSE: Been a huge fan ever since I was a mere lad. Great entertainment over the years...from Bruno Sammartino to Hulk Hogan, to Ric Flair, to Shawn Michaels, to Stone Cold Steve Austin, to The Rock, to Mr. McMahon, to Triple H, to John Cena, and now, to C.M. Punk, Randy Orton, and Daniel Bryan...comical stuff!  

I remember the good ol days of wrestling.  I was a 4 Horseman fan, had the chance to watch flair, Blanchard, Anderson from the front row.  It was awesome!  I couldn't talk wrestling as well as boxing but I did know and follow a lot of wrestling years and years ago.  Have no idea who is who anymore.

I think Floyd would have beat Pac Man.  Would have been an amazing, amazing fight.  I was told as a kid, 2 great fighters, equal in talent, never bet against the one who has never lost.  He has something extra.  But that fight on the shelf with the other many, many great fights that never happened. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I remember the good ol days of wrestling.  I was a 4 Horseman fan, had the chance to watch flair, Blanchard, Anderson from the front row.  It was awesome!  I couldn't talk wrestling as well as boxing but I did know and follow a lot of wrestling years and years ago.  Have no idea who is who anymore.

RESPONSE: I had ringside seats to see The Horsemen in Houston. I and my buddies dressed up in Blues Brothers attire...wearing sunglasses. Arn Anderson came over and shook my hand. Ric Flair was fighting Sting. He did a double-take when he saw us, and gave us a "thumbs-up". Then, while fighting Sting, he hauled off to hit him with a right hand punch...but...before he struck the blow, looked at us, and said, "This ones for you, boys...whooo!!!". LOL!!!

I think Floyd would have beat Pac Man.  Would have been an amazing, amazing fight.  I was told as a kid, 2 great fighters, equal in talent, never bet against the one who has never lost.  He has something extra.  But that fight on the shelf with the other many, many great fights that never happened. 

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, we'll never know. Mayweather ducked him. Even if he fights Pac Man now, Manny isn't the fighter he once was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: I had ringside seats to see The Horsemen in Houston. I and my buddies dressed up in Blues Brothers attire...wearing sunglasses. Arn Anderson came over and shook my hand. Ric Flair was fighting Sting. He did a double-take when he saw us, and gave us a "thumbs-up". Then, while fighting Sting, he hauled off to hit him with a right hand punch...but...before he struck the blow, looked at us, and said, "This ones for you, boys...whooo!!!". LOL!!!

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, we'll never know. Mayweather ducked him. Even if he fights Pac Man now, Manny isn't the fighter he once was.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, Awesome Horseman story. 

I'm trying to remember who they wrestled when I watched them live.  But I can not remember.  One of my older Brothers and his friends were also there that night, I will have to see if they remember who all wrestled that night.  Funny little story from that night that you don't see on tv... Kevin Sullivan was ringside with the wrestler who was wrestling flair and I believe it was Baby Doll who was in Flairs corner.  Anyway, Sullivan and Baby doll kept arguing back and forth across the ring then started laughing. This happened several times.  If someone didn't know wrestling was fake, then that would have tipped them off, lol! 

I remember when Sting came out to wrestle, an older lady stood up the entire match shouting "STING!  STING!" I was cracking up the entire time.  She was a serious Sting fan.

Of course this night wasn't card that was being recorded for tv so all the wrestlers had hilarious interactions with the crowd all night long. Arn Anderson had some pretty memorable ones that I can't share here without getting banned, lol!!

Man, thanks for the walk down memory lane!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Can't stand that coward TFB12.....He is a cherry picking, running ducking, coward!!!! Period. He reminds me of another coward by the name of Sugar Ray Leonard. 

It will probably never happen by I hope and pray he mans up and decides to get in the ring with Pacquiao and gets his head knocked off. I don't mean that literally so mods don't delete my comment

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

Can't stand that coward TFB12.....He is a cherry picking, running ducking, coward!!!! Period. He reminds me of another coward by the name of Sugar Ray Leonard. 

It will probably never happen by I hope and pray he mans up and decides to get in the ring with Pacquiao and gets his head knocked off. I don't mean that literally so mods don't delete my comment

LOL!!  Mayweather beats Pac Man, imo.  And DO NOT get me started on Leonard.  Hagler beat him and was robbed of the decision.  Hearns also Beat Leonard and got a draw. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!  Mayweather beats Pac Man, imo.  And DO NOT get me started on Leonard.  Hagler beat him and was robbed of the decision.  Hearns also Beat Leonard and got a draw.  

[/QUOTE]

Leonard Hagler was the last fight I ever watched.  That fight convinced me boxing is fixed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Leonard Hagler was the last fight I ever watched.  That fight convinced me boxing is fixed

I was pretty mad about that decision.  You think I was mad about Moss and Welker leaving, you should have seen me after that bad decision.  I must have sat down and scored that  fight a half dozen times since the original fight, keeping my own punch stats and everything, there is no way I could ever give that fight to Leonard.  No matter how objective I was.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still have that fight. Still have yet to rewatch.