Off topic: Jay Glazer: Gronk out til Saints

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Off topic: Jay Glazer: Gronk out til Saints

besides such a great win and pretty solid victory. just heard a report that Gronk wants to not play until NO game on Oct. 13. via Jay Glazer.

kinda depressing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Off topic: Jay Glazer: Gronk out til Saints

Gronk situation  it`s becoming really annoying

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

If you remembered from last season: Gronk was very tentative in his first game back. He was wearing a cast but was trying to avoid contact as much as possible on his newly healed forearm. He did not do much. And then he had that freak refracturing of the forearm at the plate junction that needed 3 more surgical procedures. It will be a while before he will have his confidence back to throw himself around with abandonment (unless he is on stage in LV after a few adult beverages).

Living well is the best revenge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But thats tolerable. Cincy survivable without him. NO is who youd really need him against. Although, the Bengals can be good, and are not to be taken lightly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

They lost to the Browns

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

They lost to the Browns

they also beat the PAck... NFL is any given week

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I heard that Gronks FATHER is also involved and is making decisions based on what's in the  best interest for his son and the Pats are not happy about it? Read it either in the Herald or Globe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Really, who is paying him? When he is cleared to play he will play. I doubt his father gets to make the call.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

[QUOTE]

They lost to the Browns

they also beat the PAck... NFL is any given week

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Have to be careful there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

If you remembered from last season: Gronk was very tentative cautious in his first game back. He was wearing a cast but was trying to avoid contact as much as possible on his newly healed   still unhealed forearm. He did not  could not do much. And then he had that freak refracturing  predictable break of the un-healed forearm at the plate junction that needed 3 more surgical procedures. It will be a while before he will have his confidence back in the Patriots Medical Staff to throw himself around with abandonment (unless he is on stage in LV after a few adult beverages).

Hope you don't mind me fixen' that up a bit....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

If you remembered from last season: Gronk was very tentative cautious in his first game back. He was wearing a cast but was trying to avoid contact as much as possible on his newly healed   still unhealed forearm. He did not  could not do much. And then he had that freak refracturing  predictable break of the un-healed forearm at the plate junction that needed 3 more surgical procedures. It will be a while before he will have his confidence back in the Patriots Medical Staff to throw himself around with abandonment (unless he is on stage in LV after a few adult beverages).

Hope you don't mind me fixen' that up a bit....

Right, because you're entirely aware of the situation, and the finer details of Gronk's ordeal. 

Anyone posting here, save a member of the Patriots medical staff, or Gronk himself, have little idea what's going on. It's all just speculation. To assert that 'x' exists, and 'y' doesn't, or that 'k' happened, but 'z' didn't, is nonsense. Just a bunch of fans speculating.

Gronk will be back for week 6 against the Saints, and I look forward to seeing him on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

At this point opinions no longer matter...the results speak for themselves and carry the weight of their own evidence....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

At this point opinions no longer matter...the results speak for themselves and carry the weight of their own evidence....

What exactly are those "results"? Outside of the fact that he has yet to play, there is no evidence to suggest anything but that... that he hasn't played. Why hasn't he played...? Only the team and Gronk know why that is. Why did he reinjure his arm? Only the team and Gronk know why that is. Was his arm fully healed? Only the team and Gronk know that. 

I understand that you have a very strong connection to the insertion of plates during surgery, due to personal experience, but that experience you have doesn't indicate or explain Gronk's current situation.

Am I bummed out that he has yet to see the field? Sure. But why that is, I don't know, nor do you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sir...I invite you to consult every Orthopedic Sports Surgeon in America and ask if a broken arm with a plate in it is NFL ready at 6 weeks.....you will find no one who will support that. But, call around and report back as to your findings.

However, to me, It's pointless, the results of the experiment showed that the arm was not healed. Bringing him back when they did was the wrong call....it happens....

My only point is that it's totally understandable that Gronk is going to be really careful as to when he comes back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Sir...I invite you to consult every Orthopedic Sports Surgeon in America and ask if a broken arm with a plate in it is NFL ready at 6 weeks.....you will find no one who will support that. But, call around and report back as to your findings.

However, to me, It's pointless, the results of the experiment showed that the arm was not healed. Bringing him back when they did was the wrong call....it happens....

My only point is that it's totally understandable that Gronk is going to be really careful as to when he comes back.

With regards to the bolded statement, again, I question the certainty with which you assert what you believe to be true. Is it entirely possible that the arm had yet to heal entirely, and that he was rushed back? Of course.

But, is it entirely possible that the arm was healed, functional, and ready for contact... only to be broken on a freak play, of sorts? I'd imagine so.

Not saying what you're asserting is implausible, but I don't think it's without a doubt, the truth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

besides such a great win and pretty solid victory. just heard a report that Gronk wants to not play until NO game on Oct. 13. via Jay Glazer.

kinda depressing

Probably because of Jimmy Graham. No way he is gonna sit out while the 2nd best TE makes his case for being the Best TE in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Pats' backups could beat the Bungles without breaking a sweat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Why is "Off Topic" in the thread title?

I say let him wait until he himself feels he is ready.  I doubt he's going to milk his injury.  Both the team and the player must be in agreement.  He is no doubt jarred from his multiple surgeries, and who can blame him?  Besides, these injuries on offense have a silver lining.  We're becoming a much better team because of them.  The new receivers are gaining experience and getting better.  Brady is forced to integrate the new guys.  If Gronk and DA were not out these new guys would see very few balls being thrown their way.  This will all pay off in December and the playoffs.  When a playoff team with a good defense clamps down on Gronk and DA in January, we will still have weapons with confidence. It would be silly to be sitting at 4-0 and risk playing Gronk before he feels he is ready.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Heck...we are winning...why rush them back. Talk about the best of both worlds. Getting Gronk and Amendola 1000% healthy and we haven't lost yet...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I agree with not rushing Gronk back until he is both physically and mentally ready. I was just saying that there will be a not insignificant period time of adjustment after he got back to the playing field before he will, provided that he can, play like the Gronk of old.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I got tickets to the Bengals game.. Its amazing Im in town to be there. I'm bummed Big Vince wont be playing. I'd like to see Gronk but what evers best for the team.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Really, who is paying him? When he is cleared to play he will play. I doubt his father gets to make the call.

It doesn't matter who paying him, Gronks dad is looking out for his sons long term health and career. If it was just the forearm then I don't think it would matter but add in the back and if I was Gronk or his dad I would say I'm not coming back until I'm 100%. One miss step with the back and you could end up paralysed, not something to fool around with.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It doesn't matter who paying him, Gronks dad is looking out for his sons long term health and career. If it was just the forearm then I don't think it would matter but add in the back and if I was Gronk or his dad I would say I'm not coming back until I'm 100%. One miss step with the back and you could end up paralysed, not something to fool around with.

Carson Palmer did the same thing after he was "vonolthoffened" He wasnt coming back till he was ready no matter what the team Dr's said. That was the start of his end in Cincy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

its up to the player and his doctor when he is ready to play

A doctor said in June tahat his problem retruning would be his back

He couldn't do the right weight work because of it.

I was never in favor of him not being on pup - but if he gets to practice with the team and thye get to 5-0 and he returns against NO - how can anyone complain?

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's exactley what's happening--Gronk and Family are calling the shots and he's targeting game 6 for his return at home on the grass @ Foxboro.

Sections
Shortcuts