OFF-TOPIC LIGHTNESS: how best to settle the SERENA-SHARAPOVA issue?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

OFF-TOPIC LIGHTNESS: how best to settle the SERENA-SHARAPOVA issue?

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9414508/serena-williams-already-apologized-maria-sharapova

this board has been getting a bit too heavy. my 2 fave tennis fem players are having a bit of a tizzy. seems maria did not like what miss wills had to say about the 16 yo steubenville rape VICTIM being at fault and esp about referring to her present boyfriend (apparently another past serena boytoy) as "the guy with the BLACK HEART" and addressing her directly with "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky' -- it's so boring. She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties...

THUS when asked about those comments during her press conference pre-wimbledon, the usually conflict-free maria made it a point to state and i paraphrase "perhaps she should stop focusing on all these non-tennis issues that distract everyone from what a great playa she is.. perhaps she should talk more about her 18 grand slams or if she wants to reallly get personal, perhaps she can tell us y her married boyfriend is leaving his kids and divorcing his wife...".. game, set, match...

in high school, the catfight will definitely be on, minus the jello.. these 2 may have to play each other in the semis.. i know what espn is wishing for. unfortunately maria hasnt beaten serena since her initial upset at wimbledon finals in 2004. that's in almost 10 years where she just gets beat-down like in their last match final (2 weeks ago). animosity is controversy, controversy is goood..

SERIOUSLY, how can this b settled (off the record)?

this isnt good enough:

serena with yet another apology after another foot in mouth incident... "She was inadvertently brought into the situation by assumptions made by the reporter," Williams said Sunday in London during her pre-Wimbledon news conference. "I personally talked to Maria at the player party, incidentally. I said, 'Look, I want to personally apologize to you if you are offended by being brought into my situation. I want to take this moment to just pour myself, be open, say I'm very sorry for this whole situation.' "

i must admit i am biased towards maria (though she's looking like 15 years older than she really is lately) and tough russians in general but...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: OFF-TOPIC LIGHTNESS: how best to settle the SERENA-SHARAPOVA issue?

The womens tennis gossip forum is down the hall, 1st right, 2nd door on the left. They will love you over there.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Baby oil wrestling match.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 232's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

The womens tennis gossip forum is down the hall, 1st right, 2nd door on the left. They will love you over there.

Its a trick CC ,their is no door knob and their going to love you the wrong way,long time.

[/QUOTE]

shhhhhhh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Serena is a loud mouth just like her Daddy. Like father like daughter!!!