off-topic: TORONTO MAYOR

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: off-topic: TORONTO MAYOR

And to tie it back to football . . . (how bad is it when the local football team wants to disassociate itself from the mayor).  

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has garnered more criticism Thursday, this time from the very team he was hoping to support.

Ford - while wearing a Toronto Argonauts jersey - responded to allegations of having associated with prostitutes in front of the media on Thursday. His remarks concluded with an off-colour remark in regards to his lack of need to associate with prostitutes, intended to demonstrate the strength of his marriage.

The Argonauts have issued a statement in return, criticizing the mayor's comments, leadership and recent conduct, especially Thursday's remarks while wearing the team's colours.

"It's well-known that the Mayor is a big fan and supporter of the game of football," an official statement read. "The Toronto Argonauts organization is not in a position to comment on the manner of dress of public officials."

"The situation with respect to the Mayor and his leadership is unseemly at best," the statement continued. "These latest remarks, while wearing our team's jersey, are particularly disappointing given our organization's work in the community to help youth deal with issues of bullying prevention. We hope for the benefit of the wonderful citizens of Toronto and this great city that this situation is resolved expeditiously."

Ford's decision to wear an Argos jersey was meant as an act of civic pride ahead of the team hosting their provincial rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the CFL East Division Final on Sunday. He even went as far to mention that one of his top orders of business Thursday was to call Hamilton Mayor Bob Bratina ahead of the match-up.

However, his headline-grabbing comments about his marriage almost immediately followed his Argos boasts.

Ford apologized for his remarks later in the day in front of a large media gathering. By that point he had taken the jersey off.

Argonauts executive chairman and chief executive officer Chris Rudge would strengthen the team's position on Ford at practice at the Rogers Centre on Thursday, telling reporters that Ford would not be a guest of the team on Sunday.

"The Mayor has not been invited to the game," Rudge told reporters. "I don't know if he's coming to the game. He does come down here on occasion and like any other citizen he can buy tickets and come down and cheer for the Argonauts."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You can also tell how the good mayor's mind works.  He started his remarks by saying something like "the Argos will spank a little [pause] ti-cats. (The Hamilton team is called the Tiger Cats.)  He clearly was thinking of saying "spank a little p...y."  He then let his mind wander on that "p . . .y" theme (he just can't help himself) and went on to state that he never said what he has been accused of saying: that he wanted to "eat" a particular staff member's "p . . .y" and further explained he was a happily married man and "had enough to eat at home."

Cameras were rolling the whole time . . . 

Yep, you can't make this up . . .  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

You can also tell how the good mayor's mind works.  He started his remarks by saying something like "the Argos will spank a little [pause] ti-cats. (The Hamilton team is called the Tiger Cats.)  He clearly was thinking of saying "spank a little p...y."  He then let his mind wander on that "p . . .y" theme (he just can't help himself) and went on to state that he never said what he has been accused of saying: that he wanted to "eat" a particular staff member's "p . . .y" and further explained he was a happily married man and "had enough to eat at home."

Canada gets so much right about government, and only a little wrong. 

I'm 50/50, after this whole charade, on whether I consider the lack of any formal recall procedure outside of public censure and formal, but hollow, resignation requests good or bad. On the one hand Ford is entertaining as all get out, but on the other hand I truly question his ability to lead a city the size of Toronto. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Thanks for posting...

GF was talking about this guy...  she's from canada.  Anyway watched him on video...lol.

Question...  so whats the problem...? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Canada gets so much right about government, and only a little wrong. 

I'm 50/50, after this whole charade, on whether I consider the lack of any formal recall procedure outside of public censure and formal, but hollow, resignation requests good or bad. On the one hand Ford is entertaining as all get out, but on the other hand I truly question his ability to lead a city the size of Toronto. 

He can't be effective anymore.  I believe Council is going to pass a resolution today that effectively strips him of all power.  Not sure that will hold up, but the Premier (equivalent of governor for those not familiar with the Canadian system) may have the authority to step in and remove Ford.  

It's a charade, but really the city bureaucracy continues to function regardless of what happens to the mayor, and as far as I can tell, city services are running fine.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Jon Stewart had a field day with that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So, Mr. Mayor, what's for dinner? 

(and go Argos!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:

Jon Stewart had a field day with that

tonight was hilarious....       " Im booked solid for the next month performing cuntilingus,  how am I gonna find time to smoke crack.......?"   (paraphrasing.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sure sign you have a serious drinking problem, when a vodka company feels it needs to distance yourself from you . . . 

A police photo linking Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to an empty flask of Iceberg Vodka has gotten the attention of its Newfoundland distillers.

The photo was included in search warrant documents, and shows the vodka bottle which was recovered by police in Douglas Ford Park inEtobicoke, Ont.

The bottle is believed to have been used by Ford and his friend Alexander (SandroLisi, who were observed entering the park on Aug. 13.

Lisi is the mayor's friend, occasional driver, and a suspected drug dealer.

Police allege they watched Ford and Lisi meet on a footpath into the park, named after the mayor's father.

The men "made their way into a secluded area of the adjacent woods where they were obscured from surveillance efforts and stayed for approximately one hour," police said in search warrant documents.

After the men left in separate vehicles, police scoured the area and found the empty bottle of Iceberg Vodka and juice where the men had met.

On Friday, Iceberg Vodka issued a statement in response to Ford's admission that, "I might have had some drinks and driven."

"Iceberg Vodka wholeheartedly believes that if you drink, don't drive. Driving under the influence of alcohol is unacceptable and inexcusablebehavior. We thank Canadians from coast to coast who enjoy our products responsibly."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He reminds me of Mayor Marion "B*tch set me up" Barry.

Sections
Shortcuts