Off topic: what do you do for a living?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: Off topic: what do you do for a living?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Senior sales analyst. Large Massachusetts based company. Not enormous but large. Family controlled. I do this from the great state of Maine! Northern half at that!

wife is a peripheral part of the ownership group of a small/mid size fine wine and beer importer/distributor.

[/QUOTE]

Ah northern Maine.  Brook Trout.  Grouse.  I wish I lived there. 

[/QUOTE]

And this Saturday...deer season!!! Love it!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Active Duty Air Force:  I'm a F-15 Fighter Aircraft mechanic.  But I'm in Italy at an F-16 base so I work as a Unit Deployment Manager. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

prison guard and part time Harley mechanic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Good old farmer,What would you do

without us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Bonjour.

Former psychologist from Brookline, MA. Now living in in NY and the South of France and own a gallery in NYC specializing in French and Italian Decorative Arts. 

I am also a snowboarder,down hill mountain biker and open water swimmer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Active Duty Air Force:  I'm a F-15 Fighter Aircraft mechanic.  But I'm in Italy at an F-16 base so I work as a Unit Deployment Manager. 

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Senior sales analyst. Large Massachusetts based company. Not enormous but large. Family controlled. I do this from the great state of Maine! Northern half at that!

wife is a peripheral part of the ownership group of a small/mid size fine wine and beer importer/distributor.

[/QUOTE]

Ah northern Maine.  Brook Trout.  Grouse.  I wish I lived there. 

[/QUOTE]

And this Saturday...deer season!!! Love it!!!

[/QUOTE]

Best time of year!  I'm more a bird hunter than big game, but nothing's better than being in the woods as the sun comes up on a crisp October or November morning with just a dusting of snow. Missed this bird season, because one dog is too old and the other too young and the one I should have been hunting with died too young from cancer.   Oh well, I guess I'll just spend more time with the steelhead run this fall . . . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Superhero. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to Win-Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good old farmer,What would you do

without us.

[/QUOTE]

STARVE!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

plug boy. fat, balding low IQ, attended community college...so I have been told repeatedly on BDC

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

Loved my 2 + years in Italy.  I was in La Maddalena, Sardinia.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Accountant, Business Consultant, IT Professional

Graphic Artist on the side

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Account Delivery Manager at a global IT company.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

I am in Italy several times a year but I have not been in your region (north of Venice, at the base of the Dolomites) for a long time. I do remember how beautiful the Dolomites are and how good the mountain cuisine is. Do you have opportunities to go out and explore the region? Skiing is very good in the Dolomites. Are you watching Pats games from the base?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Account Delivery Manager at a global IT company.

[/QUOTE]

You should be working for an NFL franchise as a scout!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know Sardinia but I have heard it is very green and beautiful. I have spent time on the northern part of Corsica during the summer and that was incredible. Blue water and chestnut beer, chestnut bread, chestnut pie...I think all military should spend at least 2 years in Italy just for the experience...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Great to read, interesting set of careers. I myself teach visually impaired and blind children.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know Sardinia but I have heard it is very green and beautiful. I have spent time on the northern part of Corsica during the summer and that was incredible. Blue water and chestnut beer, chestnut bread, chestnut pie...I think all military should spend at least 2 years in Italy just for the experience...

[/QUOTE]

Most beautiful time of year in northern Sardinia (La Mad is on the Straits of Bonifacio between Corsica and Sardinia) is late April.  Place is largely barren rock from November through early April and then the place explodes with wild flowers.  Amazing burst for 2-3 weeks.  While I was there the place was not the tourist destination that it is today.  Still primitive in many locations, electrical power a bit shakey, bandits still active inland.  

Sards themselves are incredible people.  Reserved at first until they realize that you're not going to play the ugly American and then they go out of their way to befriend you.  Made friends there we still have to this day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Former law student, graduated this past year. Applying to some Cali based firms so that i can pack up and move out of NYC. Girlfriend just ended my life, so I'm praying someone saves me because I have to see here everyday. -_-... Or i'll just kill myself (half jk)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most beautiful time of year in northern Sardinia (La Mad is on the Straits of Bonifacio between Corsica and Sardinia) is late April.  Place is largely barren rock from November through early April and then the place explodes with wild flowers.  Amazing burst for 2-3 weeks.  While I was there the place was not the tourist destination that it is today.  Still primitive in many locations, electrical power a bit shakey, bandits still active inland.  

Sards themselves are incredible people.  Reserved at first until they realize that you're not going to play the ugly American and then they go out of their way to befriend you.  Made friends there we still have to this day.

[/QUOTE]
    Great! That is an experience everyone should have. It is especially important to make friends abroad. Learning the language, eating good food, experiencing the culture and above all making friends have been the most significant things about my experience in France. I will make it a point to visit Sardinia at some time...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Former law student, graduated this past year. Applying to some Cali based firms so that i can pack up and move out of NYC. Girlfriend just ended my life, so I'm praying someone saves me because I have to see here everyday. -_-... Or i'll just kill myself (half jk)

I get it. It is very painful for me to see my X everyday (also here in NYC). I have recently met someone new but letting go is never easy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Currently an unemployed Operations and Compliance professional since late August on the cusp of retiring, but not quite ready.  Making a living now with some time off, plenty of golf, completing "honey-do" chores and having some good laughs reading posts from fidgety Pats fans and trolls!!!  (-;

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for your service!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

EMT/school.

Sections
Shortcuts