Off topic: what do you do for a living?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Off topic: what do you do for a living?

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suck farts out of seat covers.

[/QUOTE]

I was fired from that job-best job I ever had -- you lucky stiff!

[/QUOTE]

Did you suck too much or not enough?

[/QUOTE]

They said I was too much of a sucker to keep the job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

I'm finishing up my fifth year of college and will either be jumping into law school or the work force. I'll either be doing consulting with one of the Big Four or will be possibly working with the NFL (second interview is on Friday, crossing my fingers). 

Question for the law people who posted earlier, where did you go, how was the market coming out, and what would you say was your overall satisfaction with law school? That's what I'd really love doing, but don't know if it's worth passing up 60K out of college to accumulate all that debt without good job security.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Active Duty Air Force:  I'm a F-15 Fighter Aircraft mechanic.  But I'm in Italy at an F-16 base so I work as a Unit Deployment Manager. 

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

Loved my 2 + years in Italy.  I was in La Maddalena, Sardinia.

[/QUOTE]

I heard Sardinia is really nice.  Being up in Northern Italy is nice because there is VERY LITTLE crime.  It's very safe and a good place to raise a family.  Down south (naples,Rome,etc.) is really dirty, lots of crime, and lots of problems with the MAFIA.  I'm going to stay here as long as they'll let me.  THe economy sucks here though.  I wouldn't want to be here as a civilian because they don't let Americans (or any non=Italian) work here.  They are very anti-immigrant when it comes to jobs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Active Duty Air Force:  I'm a F-15 Fighter Aircraft mechanic.  But I'm in Italy at an F-16 base so I work as a Unit Deployment Manager. 

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

Loved my 2 + years in Italy.  I was in La Maddalena, Sardinia.

[/QUOTE]

I heard Sardinia is really nice.  Being up in Northern Italy is nice because there is VERY LITTLE crime.  It's very safe and a good place to raise a family.  Down south (naples,Rome,etc.) is really dirty, lots of crime, and lots of problems with the MAFIA.  I'm going to stay here as long as they'll let me.  THe economy sucks here though.  I wouldn't want to be here as a civilian because they don't let Americans (or any non=Italian) work here.  They are very anti-immigrant when it comes to jobs.

[/QUOTE]

You're correct about a good many portions of southern Italy, particularly Naples.  However, there remain a good many interesting and worthwhile places to visit there.  The ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum are well worth the trip alone.  As I indicated earlier in this thread Paestum (about an hour or so south of Naples) is amazing.  Still beautiful country down there.
    All of that said, it's always good to run into an American serving overseas who is enjoying theire overseas tour and has gotten to know the country where he lives. 

Thanks for your service - it is very important work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Italy?

[/QUOTE]

Aviano

[/QUOTE]

I am in Italy several times a year but I have not been in your region (north of Venice, at the base of the Dolomites) for a long time. I do remember how beautiful the Dolomites are and how good the mountain cuisine is. Do you have opportunities to go out and explore the region? Skiing is very good in the Dolomites. Are you watching Pats games from the base?

[/QUOTE]

I haven't done any snowboarding yet.  I've been dealing with a torn hip labrum and with the military's socialized medicine, compounded by Italy's socialized medicine it's been a year with only a cordizone shot and no perm. fix.  I've been to the normal places, Rome, Naples, Germany.  Probably my favorite places have been Slovenia and Croatia: cheap, beautiful, quiet with no big crowds.  I watch the Pats on AFN when they show then (almost never).  Normally I watch it on FirstRowSports.eu    I NEVER miss a game!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU for your service!!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your support!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

[QUOTE]

From a professional standpoint, my period is from 1920 to 1950 but from a personal standpoint I am always intrested in archeology. I am continually visiting sites in France. Thanks for sharing this. I am a bit stagnant in my career at the moment and I am glad to get this inspiration from you.

The pic of me in my avatar was taken at a 7th Cent BC Graeco-Roman site 50 miles south of Naples known as Paestum.  Spent a day there and could have spent much longer.  Site is just under 300 acres about 60 of which is available for public viewing.  In my opinion this place is one of the best kept archaeolgical site secrets in Italy.

[/QUOTE]

I was in Paestum about 2 months ago.  Pretty cool place!! It was HUGE!! I'd never heard of it before.  Lots of great history dating back to the early Christians in the Bible.  Also went to Mount Vesuvius, Naples underground, Pompei, etc. during that trip.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

protect my privacy...  

I posted in the last sharing thread "who are you...?"  Look it up if you care that much... which you don't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate my life

I'm almost 20 and haven't been able to score a better job than a cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that'll hire high school graduates. I'd get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I've failed every damn test I've ever taken. I'm socially awkward, even my only other co-worker hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she's athletic, smart and a gorgeous southern bell. I love her. You know what it's like; I've been friend zoned real hard. She's my only real friend, besides this one kid, who I'm pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he's the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all the worse is that I live in a goddamn pineapple under the sea.

[/QUOTE]

So, where's the bad part?

Sections
Shortcuts