Off Topic: WW2

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Off Topic: WW2

In response to ricky12684's comment:

Thats not Woodrow Wilson by the way. I don't have to prove Che was a Stalinist. Read his writings. Che himself claimed to be a Stalinist. If you doubt me do a simple search on this here internet. You will find it soon enough. Che was also a murderer and bragged about it at the united nations. It's not like he was born 200 years ago. He was quoted heavily by the communist and western press. He was an incompetent administrator in cuba and a fairly awful general in Bolivia but he looks good in a beret I guess, so keep worshiping the murderer if you want.

oh forgive me! lets fix that!

OMG! Harry Truman is a "stalinist"!

Che NEVER called himself a "stalinist". sorry you can repeat the same thing over and over but you're wrong. when he was young and first got into politics and began studying communism he DID show support for stalin and his fight against american imperialism. however, as i already stated, once he realized stalin's true colors he criticized stalin. (read the literature, if you dabble on this here net long enough you will see) 

this is a thread about war. war and murder go hand in hand. was he a murderer? sure, he killed many pro-batista soldiers and supporters. what is your point? you vote for a murderer every 4 years! the difference is Che killed political militants, not civilians and peasants.

i never said Che was a saint. but he is a true hero to all working class people. perhaps you were born into wealth and can't relate... idk.

if you equate stalin to che then you really really really need to do some further research and from multiple sources not just pro-establishment ones.

He is not a hero to working class people. He is a hero to dupes and fools. The Bolivians certainly did not seem to consider him a hero. Stalin on the other hand was Che's hero. He signed letters Stalin 2. He publicly laid a wreath on Stalin's grave after Kruschev had openly confessed Stalin's crimes. Laying the wreath was considered bad form when the communists were trying to move away from Stalin's reputation. Even if Che did not publicly proclaim his admiration for Stalin (which he did repeatedly) he behaved like a Stalinist when he came to power in Cuba by boastfully liquidating the opposition to the Communist regime. His misguided economic policies including rapid industrialization destroyed Cuba's economy and led to food shortages. che himself later admitted he had designed "an absurd plan disconnected from reality, with absurd goals and imiginary resources."  Cuba has been an economic wasteland ever since.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Many of us fully recognize that we dwell in that cavern of darkness called ignorance while you, of course, reside in the warm, enlightened brilliance that is superior knowledge.  I for one am grateful for you deigning to grace us not only with your presence on this forum but also for sharing your seemingly inexhaustable knowledge on virtually everything.  Why, my heart simply glows.

Do yourself a favor on two counts: 

1) Spare yourself further embarrassment and simply stop posting.  It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic; and

2) Seriously, man, get help.  You clearly have more issues than National Geographic.

ohh now that's substance! i agree however that you dwell in a cavern of darkness called ignorance. make me stop posting pawn boy. 

• Post away.  I didn't tell you to stop; I was simply pointing out that with each post you out yourself further as a radical left idealog who resides on the outer fringe and whose credibility is simply nonexistent.  

In response to ATJ's comment:

bradley manning = hero

I'd be interested in learning what facts to which you have clear and direct access leads you to that conclusion.  Not what you've read from on line sources or any other news media; not what his support network tells you; not what your value system compels you to believe; your direct knowledge of the case, if you please.

I know what he's been charged with and from what I understand there's quite a bit of evidence to support the charges.  Now what heroic act has this young man committed that leads you to label him a hero?

first you tell me how invading afghanistan is justified..

Stating the obvious apparently is necessary from time to time.  You may recall the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.  Those who precipitated the attacks trained in Afghanistan with the support and protection of the Taliban government who was running the country at the time. 

Now if you please, kindly respond to the following reiteration:

I'd be interested in learning what facts to which you have clear and direct access leads you to that conclusion.  Not what you've read from on line sources or any other news media; not what his support network tells you; not what your value system compels you to believe; your direct knowledge of the case, if you please.

I know what he's been charged with and from what I understand there's quite a bit of evidence to support the charges.  Now what heroic act has this young man committed that leads you to label him a hero?

Thanks for posting this - it truly is very helpful in understanding where you're coming from and the basis for your assertions.  Spain Rodriguez penned comic books and his last work, Che, is perhaps the most classic of his works.  

You do get, don't you, that there are other, perhaps slightly more credible sources of information about the truly Stalinist thug that was Che Guevera?

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

bradley manning... execute the punk and all like him!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Hey Babe I was perusing forums and found something that might help your Windows7 BF 1942 problem. If that doesnt work you can go here as well for more resources- http://www.moongamers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50331

If you are running Windows Vista/7 go to the C:\ directory, and click into the search box at the top right corner of the window. Then, do a search for PnkBstrA.exe. Once found do the following...

1) Right click on each file found.
    2) Click on "Properties".
    3) Once the Properties dialog opens go to "Compatibility".
    4) Click on "Change Settings for All Users".
    5) Check mark "Run this program as an administrator".
    6) Click "Apply Changes" to save.
    7) Repeat these steps for PnkBstrB.exe
    8) Restart your pc for changes to take effect.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

bradley manning... execute the punk and all like him!!!!

you're a stalinist!

No, I am an American. You ?  Why don't indict  " The Greatest Generation" for war crimes while you are at it. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Since we were getting into a bit of WW2 discussion in the avatar thread I thought it might be interesting to take a break from arguing about the run game, defense and Brady's play with this topic.

To start I'm wondering if any here have ever played what are called "conflict simulations", or "wargames". Avalon Hill, SPI and GDW to name a few published these historical simulation games. Computers have virtually eliminated these types of things, though they were a niche hobby anyway, even in their heyday.

Anybody like military video games, such as: Company of Heroes, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, Battlefield etc.? (these aren't to be considered historical)

Who is your favorite historical military figure? I'm a Patton admirer myself. I imagine there are many who are knowledgeable about his career.

I admire the USMC grunt, the USN Sailor and the Army GI Joe. 

Today's game will be won in the lines, as long as the Coaches don't do any bonehead plays, like a triple reverse fake flea flicker.

• Sections
    Shortcuts