Offense Without Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Offense Without Welker

Here an interesting article talking about patriots pass offense without Wes Welker.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1592608-illustrating-life-without-wes-welker-for-tom-brady-the-patriots-offense

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Offense Without Welker

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

"While Welker has been the more productive receiver on the field in terms of yards and catches, Amendola has been a more efficient receiver when it comes to catching the football. ... [Amendola is] also a different type of receiver. Although Amendola plays in the slot like Welker, he's not necessarily confined to the first 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He has the ability to work vertically, as I'll later explain, as well as in the underneath area."

Pretty much sums up the overall line of thinking by many, including myself. Hernandez is the new Welker in the slot, essentially, with Amendola able to line up there, but more importantly be effective on the outside.

What's interesting about this particular column is the mention of DeAndre Hopkins as a possible addition.

I haven't seen much of him in college, but once BB walked on Welkie and then cut Lloyd, I figured something might be up in Rd 1.  Obviously, no one has a clue who is on the radar, but since BB actually met with him at the Combine, you never know.

Throw in the possibility of an Emmanuel Sanders, and we're in business. Big time.

I'm starting to think BB might want to complete this youth movement on offense. He did it with the TE position in 2010 and the RB position in 2011. It wouldn't shock me if we see Sanders and a draft pick or even BB drafting 2 WRs in this draft.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

"While Welker has been the more productive receiver on the field in terms of yards and catches, Amendola has been a more efficient receiver when it comes to catching the football. ... [Amendola is] also a different type of receiver. Although Amendola plays in the slot like Welker, he's not necessarily confined to the first 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He has the ability to work vertically, as I'll later explain, as well as in the underneath area."

Pretty much sums up the overall line of thinking by many, including myself. Hernandez is the new Welker in the slot, essentially, with Amendola able to line up there, but more importantly be effective on the outside.

What's interesting about this particular column is the mention of DeAndre Hopkins as a possible addition.

I haven't seen much of him in college, but once BB walked on Welkie and then cut Lloyd, I figured something might be up in Rd 1.  Obviously, no one has a clue who is on the radar, but since BB actually met with him at the Combine, you never know.

Throw in the possibility of an Emmanuel Sanders, and we're in business. Big time.

Danny is so much better of a deep threat than Welker that not only did he have less than half as many 20+ catches, but he averaged less ypc.  Yep, Danny Boy is the answer to what you proclaimed that Ocho and  Lloyd were.  Even "5th round bust" Kerley had a more productive season than Danny did.

Your jealousy is delicious.

I'm also jealous of the "second best slot corner" leading the patsies to a bottom ranked pass D.  And I'm jealous that the patsies have paid McCourty almost 10 million only to give up on him at corner.  Very jealous of that.

I am very jealous of the Jets' success.  I wish the Patriots did not have to be in the same division as this supremely successful team. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Won't miss a beat. But hearing the news about Gronk could hapmper the offense like it did the past two years in the post season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Danny is so much better of a deep threat than Welker that not only did he have less than half as many 20+ catches, but he averaged less ypc.  Yep, Danny Boy is the answer to what you proclaimed that Ocho and  Lloyd were.  Even "5th round bust" Kerley had a more productive season than Danny did.

Your jealousy is delicious.

Yes, Queenie, I'm jealous that the patsies disrespected and dumped Brady's favorite target after he made financial concessions to keep him.  I'm jealous that the patsies, who have failed miserably to bring in a WR (aside from Welker) that was both a quality talent and quality individual for a decade while being unable to draft a single WR that could stick with the team.  I'm jealous that the guy that you think is a better deep threat had half as many catches and a lower catch average than Welker did.  The jealousy runs rampant through my veins.   And you're still an idiot.

Do you realize what a complete loser you sound like being here as a Jets fan after one of the most embarrassing/comical seasons ever put together by a professional football team?  I understand that you have an obsession with Rusty, considering all of your posts are directed at him, but please, your inferiority complex coupled with your mental illness can be taken care of at your local psychiatrist's office, not here on BDC.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Do you realize what a complete loser you sound like being here as a Jets fan after one of the most embarrassing/comical seasons ever put together by a professional football team? I understand that you have an obsession with Rusty, considering all of your posts are directed at him, but please, your inferiority complex coupled with your mental illness can be taken care of at your local psychiatrist's office, not here on BDC.

Little does he know that having the 2nd ranked pass defense has as much to do with teams leading the Jets at the half 12 out of 16 games wanting to run out the clock by running on their 26th ranked rushing defense as them having actual talent.

25. This post has been removed.