Offensive Line Peformance, Kaczur and Oxycontin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Offensive Line Peformance, Kaczur and Oxycontin

Kaczur was allegedly purchasing Oxycontin as early as November 2007, got busted April 2008.

This is all hypothetical, but is there a relationship between the Offensive Line performance and Oxycontin. I can't imagine that all those pain killers were just for Kaczur. Seems like there were a lot more injuries on the Offensive Line since Kaczur was busted in April 2008 - Neal, Koppen, Light...seems like all of our starters missed games due to injuries since Kaczur had to go on the wagon.

Just a thought....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Re: Offensive Line Peformance, Kaczur and Oxycontin

I is common for a person who is addicted to drugs to hord them.

I seem to remember Rush Limbough had 5000 hit of Oxycontin in his house in Florida and the DA didn't procicute him for dealing to his friends.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I is common for a person who is addicted to drugs to hord them.

I seem to remember Rush Limbough had 5000 hit of Oxycontin in his house in Florida and the DA didn't procicute him for dealing to his friends.
    "Mungomunro
    ------------------
    I suppose it's possible that he was hoarding the pills for himself, but I can't imagine his linemates didn't know about it - and had access - if wanted.

It could just be coincedence that the starters' injuries occurred since that time and had nothing to do w/ pain killers, but then again....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Bubba- Mungo is correct. If this guy is a pill junky then there is never a big enough stash. The pills to him are much more valuable than money. I tend to think that he might have handed a few out but being into pain killers is just like alchahol or weed or anything else and I can't imagine the whole line is full of pill heads. Does anyone know his cell#?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"This is a bad theory, sorry bro but if Matt Light had rolled his knee the way he did this year back when Kazcur was using Oxey pain killer or no pain killer he would miss some games. Pain killers stop [pain they dont stop you from getting hurt. Matt Light hurt his knee this year and pain killers would not have done anything to help him. Dan Koppen has not been hurt much since 07 and Steve Neal has ALWAYS had injury issues. This is a bad theory. " MVP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Is there a *suck pill? because if there is he's been gorging them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"s there a *suck pill? because if there is he's been gorging them.
    bring on the......draft, two at a time" Harley

lmao, the dealer switched up on him :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Me ego's large enough for this candor, especially if it might help someone (even secondhand). 

See ALL, I've been many things: an honor scholar while being a fraternity chaplain and university president of my undergraduate major...I've also been a desperately poor oxycontin addict.  Indeed I've been all these things, but possibly in recognition that we are far more than the sum total of our experiences, or maybe to each and many lives there are seasons, or perhaps I can rest at ease in this disclosure because I've been clean from all substances (no alcohol either...yup, l-o-s-e-r) for almost 5 years now... 

Understand THIS EVERYone...Oxycontin is no freakin' joke.  Before I tried that insanely addictive opiate, the only thing I had done was partake in the regular collegiate drunken weekend debaucharies.  Yet, I still recall the very first pill (this was right when oxy's came out, so noone was yet bombarded with their addictiveness) -that was offered to me, from a co-worker at a bar I tended during summers.  The ride home, the Fall day, totally and completely comfortable in my body...1/2 of 1 Pill and I had found what I was always searching my whole life for...I was hooked.  So know that someone can easily offer 1 pill to someone, before they're desperately direly hooked on it...Only later does one become a hoarder-Same result in drinking-more fun with company, although two-somes are far less important in euphoria, than a company of two in misery...  

Trully, I empathize with Kazcur, as I was someone who daily lifted and ran.  Not only does your body become beat-up, but it becomes so much harder for those pain receptors to fire as they once did and not to just get that "runners high" so to say, in athletics...but just to keep movin' after years of running and lifting.  Ya have to keep pushing yourself harder and longer and it becomes simply an unending toil (and for Kazcur, it's all within a cutthroat occupation).  Yet, with the Oxy's, you're finally comfortable in your body...  And mind you ALL, the "triggers" one gets, to not simply just "use", but the triggers a person gets to remember how wonderful the feeling was...These will last months and even years.  I recall feeling nautious (when I had no pills) upon seeing simple colors, random smells, lol...even an "Oxyclean" commercial on tv, would be too much to handle...

~SIMPLY awful drug ALL.  Don't even know how to end this.  Took far too many years and extreme formulation of the will to literally "kick it", and for what?  One careless swallow?  Insane...shouldn't be legal even as they say, for cancer patients...no way.  As for the Pat's line being made up of more than 1 single pill-head...idk.  BUT, it makes for an interesting theory, Since you feel like Superman when on it (e.g. a..or multiple pro-bowler(s))...the next minute, you're not even capable of standing up properly.  Makes for an interesting theory...A FEW pro-bowlers, 2 years ago...1 or 2 mere seasons later, an extremely sub-par O-line...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Oxy is not a performance enhancing drug.  It could "help" someone to play with pain, but not make them stronger, better, or even more aggressive.  

I don't see our O-line probs coinciding with Kaczur and the lack of Oxy.  IMHO, the Eagles game in 2007 was the turning point for Brady being under constant pressure.  Look at the amount of hurried passes, hits, and sacks since that game.  OK, we didn't give up many sacks this year.  However, Brady was still under a lot of pressure in many games.  He threw the ball away to avoid sacks.

Am I the only one out there who thinks our protection problems were thoroughly exposed in the Eagles game of 2007, and thoroughly taken advantage of by our opponents ever since?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Nope, once teams figured out than hard charging stunts up the middle worked teams did it and still do it constantly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Thanks Laz for the insight for others who know nothing about Oxycotin!  That said, I had NEVER heard of Oxycotin until I met my wife, 3 years ago.  She was prescribed it by her doctor ,like most everyone else & probably the same as it was for Kaczur.  YOU WILL NEVER KNOW the pain & heartache this "Legal" drug will cause you, your loved one, your family, etc. and it's prescribed to you by your trusting doctors!  This pain pill is the "anti-christ" in pill form!!!  My wife had cronic back & neck pain from 2 car accidents she unfortunately was the passanger of.  I was unfortunately oblivious to her addiciton as I have never been around anyone with an addiction & didn't know any signs.  What got her to finally admit to me about her addiction to Oxycotin was when she went through 86 pills in 2 days!!!  Luckily for us, my wife has been clean for almost 1 year now after going through rehab for this addiction.  ANY drug concelor, rehab center, etc. will tell you that Oxycotin is THE WORST drug to get off of...even worse than heroin!!!  Oxycotin should have NEVER been allowed to be prescribed to NON-cancer patients EVER!!!  Like Laz attested to, my parents who are in their lae 70s had a friend prescribed Oxycotin after a hip replacement...he took ONLY 1 pill...took him 5 months to completely stop feeling the withdrawl symptoms!!!

As for the side of Kaczur caught buying them, I know that side of it too...I also regretfully first hand experienced how this pain pill causes all those addicted to it to lie, steal, lie some more, steal some more...a HORRIBLE cycle that sometimes doesn't seem to ever stop!!!  Friends you thought were friends, calling to borrow money, come over & find them stealing money until you finally cut your losses with them & either tell them to F off and never show their face, call or remain in your life or have to call to have to get restraining orders to keep them away!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Football, always a rough sport, has gotten rougher.  For some it's either endure pain or pack up and leave.  Sometimes the pain is temporary but leaving football is permanent, so players play and practice with bad pain, with knee bone grinding against leg bone all day.

The Krafts have apparently judged Kaczur carefully.  They decided he's honest enough to turn in his dealer, which takes raw guts, and he's straight right now despite his previous Oxycontin addiction.  He may not be the most skilled NFL player but he's experienced and not a disaster just yet, so he gets a salary and takes the field sometimes. 

There are other players that the Krafts have jettisoned.  Example, they tossed the team's starting punter a week before one season began, because he got in a really bad fight with his lover, I think.  Then they had a lousy punter all year.  Physical spouse abuse is absolutely a ticket out of Foxboro. 

Lawyer Malloy was in a group caught with ecstasy pills once by border agents, and next year his contract was not renewed.  Both he and his agent made a big public stink about the Patriots' lack of good faith bargaining, to no avail.  Then Malloy walked off to Buffalo and a big raise.  I don't think Malloy had the right stuff for the Krafts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ok this is mosdef up there with your dumbest threads ever. And Im not sure what your q's or "hypothesis" was? Is the whole o-line hooked or what, and why couldnt the rest of the team have been in on it as well. First off, this is a "dirty little secret" of all sports, these guys are in incredible pain, day in day out. Let me say that just like LAZ I am very familiar with this drug, I really dont want to get into my struggles with them, but I live in Boston, maybe Southie, Ctown, or DOT. They've been around since, I wanna say 96-97', at least around here and have ruined countless lives. Also Im a physical therapist and deal with patients who are taking them so Im very familiar with them. First off it makes perfect sense Kaczur would be buying that much, the bigger the addict the bigger the fix, and the more one buys the better the price. Also this guy is rich at least by my standards, so if you have that kind of money it only makes sense to get a better deal. These things are extremely expensive, and 80mg will go for $60-80 dollars and the mg's these things come in is just crazy. Something I also want to touch on is the myth that you can take one pill and be hooked. If you take one, two pills your not hooked, you can take 1-2 and walk away. I know people on the street that have done so and like I said I work with patients that have taking a script and didnt like them. They walked away from them and tried something that they felt helped them better and w/out the risk of addiction. Please, dont get me wrong because I would never joke about something as serious as this. Ive had my struggles and witness it everyday in my city, but if you take 1, 2, you can walk away and not look back. These things can help people, but are too dangerous in my opinion, mainly because of the "time release" the have. If one takes the coating off it will hit you faster, harder and subsequently wont last as long which is one reason you would want more. 
        I want to give you some props LAZ, we have more in common than just being sports nuts and know what your dealing with. The addiction, recovery, triggers etc , its an everyday fight. Believe me I understand everything you go through, smells, words, even the time of the year gets me because I started in the winter. So even smelling "the cold" , you know sometimes it smells like rain is coming or when it drops cold enough it has a distinct smell in the air. Keep up the good fight man, because its an everyday fight, you said you've been good for 5yrs so you know it does get better, but they way I look at it is that Im always going to be an addict. A week from now, a year or 5 years from now its just always going to be with me. Good luck brother and I know this might sound crazy because we've never talked lol, but Im here for ya.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

The PATS released him five days before the 03 season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

mrtm70...You said it all man.  Certain people, not in the know, believe ANY and ALL drugs are equal.  But with these "legal-heroin" opiates, the side-effects are simply on a different plane...  With any extended use of anything, even alcohol, the cravings will be there...but with Oxycontin, you trully do feel like You WILL Die, and you'd rather be dead than have that feeling.  With no other drug, will you chase that euphoria, and with each and every pill, the addiction grows (the euphemism is dubbed-"chasing the dragon")...  And, It comes not in weeks, months, or years, but in days, and hours. 

I, like your good and unfortunate wife, have been blessed with loving and good god, patient and understanding relatives.  I know this is a Sport's Forum here, but this is monumental in importance.  IF I can save just 1 single person from taking this drug (like you said, after being in some car accident or having chronic headaches), that will matter.  I suffered through 4 years of going to a disgusting Methadone Clinic every single day, rain, sleet, snow, sun.  Then 1 more year of being on a tappering drug called Suboxone.  I, unlike most of those poor souls still going each and every day to these places and taking a lesser, but still addicting medication, Did NOT look at it as some life-long commitment...no way. 

~mrtm
    , Had we but world and time enough, to go back...or at least fix the harm.  Me, your wife, Nick Kaczur, Rush Limbaugh...we have this one simple thing in common...nothing.  This can and does take ahold of anyone...will-power, desire, moralties, these are fallacies stepped over by oxycontin, and anyone reading this, lmao...you are no different.  mrtm, Tell your wife that she's NO sc#mbag (as certain ignorant people would hold), and that she's far from alone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Laz...

Thanks for the comments...like you said, I know this is a sports message board as well, but it is a pertinent subject especially because this pain pill effects ALL that it is prescribed to & just reading & understanding what others have gone through because of Oxycotin will go a long way in never having to go through it yourself.

One thing I did forget to mention that my wife has overcome so much in 1 year! The day that she entered rehab, her ex, who she grew up with, died from his addiction to both Oxycotin & alcohol.  My wife knows if it wasn't for the loving support of me and her family, she would probably be 6 feet under too & not a mother of 1, pregnant with our second child, a wife, daughter, sister, sister-in-law & auntie who loves herself & her family enough to want to not live that way ever again.

And lastly, I did want to add, like you kind of mentioned...Oxycotin isn't prescribed only to the poor & unemployed...it is prescribed to EVERYONE!!!  Because a lot of our society wants to look the other way & say, "that won't happen to me" or feel disgusted by people who are "drug users" and view them with disgust within their narrow minds...MOST people who found themselves addicted to this horrible, vicious "Prescribed" legal pill form that is worse than heroin were unaware of what their doctors were basically killing them with, just to get more money in their pocket from the drug companies giving bonuses to doctors who prescribe their drug the most, no matter what the side effects are!!!