OFFICIAL ALBIE "EINSTEIN" BREER APPRECIATION THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

OFFICIAL ALBIE "EINSTEIN" BREER APPRECIATION THREAD

In honor of everyone's favorite reporter on the pats beat (couldnt finish the sentence without LMAO)... no really everyone say something nice about albie before he leaves... ill start... Albie youre an inspiration!!! who wouldve thought being a reporter was as easy as piggy backing off other reporter's hard work and citing meaningless stats to make B.S points.. have fun at NFL network tell prime, rich and the gang i said hi.... good riddance!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: OFFICIAL ALBIE "EINSTEIN" BREER APPRECIATION THREAD

I am so glad you were not serious! LOL  I think he spent more time writing and tweeting about other teams than he did not the Patriots

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He... Well, he... Well, maybe...

My mom always told me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. =D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: OFFICIAL ALBIE "EINSTEIN" BREER APPRECIATION THREAD:
    I am so glad you were not serious! LOL  I think he spent more time writing and tweeting about other teams than he did not the Patriots
    Posted by Rocky

on top of trying to make everything happening with the pats seem controversial and apocalyptic... dude is the absolute worst!!! tomasse />> breer

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

A braindead monkey could do better reporting then Albie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, I'll take the plunge and say something positive.  We know your time at the Globe has been difficult Albie.  You came here hoping to land a serious sports journalism job and realized you landed at a tabloid.  Once you figured out why your predecessor left (Reiss), you figured you'd do the same thing.  You played the good soldier while here and participated in tabloid journalism like the rest, but had the good sense to get out of dodge at the earliest opportunity.  Congrats!

50% chance the above is true.  Considering that Reiss was not an editor and not in charge of the sports department, it is mighty curious how the tone of the stories changed so drastically after his departure.  Someone over there decided to pursue tabloid style journalism, and Reiss wanted no part of it?

Any way we can find Gasper a job elsewhere?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

give a thousand monkeys a thousand years and one will write a great novel...and all will write better than Breer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

The Unibrow is gone!

"WOO HOO"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Can Gasper go away also?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Breer is the perfect example of why affirmative action doesn't work. Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

his own colleagues from his previous gig...referred to albert as Einstein... this will give you an idication of his ego...which does not give credence to competence

there is actually nothing good to say about albert except that he is leaving... and going to a network i dont...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm really going to miss the way he took things out of context, moved them around and..............made a complete farce out of what someone was trying to say. Priceless. I didn't realize reporters still did that, well at least the good ones, which he is clearly NOT:(

I think what happened is the guy bought a draft publication, read half of it and decided he now knows football! To his credit he convinced (black mailed) members of the Globe's Management and the NFL's network that he should be reporting on the subject. Mewahaha, mewahahaha...Bring back Borges, at least he knew what a football was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Soon I won't have to worry about The Globes poor writing.  As soon as The Globe starts charging the on-line user's to pay to read the Globe on-line, I am done.

The Boston Globe needs better writers before I will pay to read this trash.  I have only one vice, I am very provincial.  This includes where I live, what I read, and what sports teams I support.  I believe I have to read the Herald now.

I hear the Pres. Obama carries around a 'football' with him when ever he travels.  Should he write for the Boston Globe's Sports section?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Contrast Breer to Peter Abraham, who also was newly brought in as a beat writer (for the Sox) this year and you begin to see what a complete failure and/or fraud Breer was. Both worked outside of Boston and seemed to try to be more objective; fine. But Abraham's work became more finley honed toward the Red Sox, while staying objective; also, he's a good read, and doesn't have the typo issues Breer has. Breer wrote one interesting peice, but the rest was read mainly like troll stuff, the Jets are great, Parcells built the Patriots, and a lot of anti-Belichick stuff that made me think he was more about sucking up to the Patriots-hating New York media than anything else. Good riddance, to a third-rate reporter.

Sections
Shortcuts