Official Ignore Your "Favorite" Poster Week Begins Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Official Ignore Your "Favorite" Poster Week Begins Today

I think it would be interesting and fun to see what happens to tenor of this board if fans put their "favorite" poster on ignore all week. Whether it's by pushing the ignore button or simply not replying to anything that your "favorite" poster contributes to a thread (or creates a thread).

Will posters rein their behavior? Will responders stop baiting said posters? I don't know, but it might be funny to see if anyone has any self control....lol.

Let the ignoring begin......lol Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Re: Official Ignore Your

In response to anonymis's comment:

I think it would be interesting and fun to see what happens to tenor of this board if fans put their "favorite" poster on ignore all week. Whether it's by pushing the ignore button or simply not replying to anything that your "favorite" poster contributes to a thread (or creates a thread).

Will posters rein their behavior? Will responders stop baiting said posters? I don't know, but it might be funny to see if anyone has any self control....lol.

That would be interesting  but if someone, doesn't matter who, has posted a discussion about the Patriots and football with out all the drama then I'm not going to ignore that person. In fact I'm more inclined to respond. It's the main reason I'm here to begin with and I don't want to discourage true football talk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everyone is going to ignore me all week? Sucks to be you guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's a great idea.  It won't work, because people cannot control themselves, but it would be great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Everyone is going to ignore me all week? Sucks to be you guys.

what was that can't hear you  >.>

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

How do I go about ignoring myself? There's an ignore button for everyone but myself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

The posting of this sort of thread causes the very thing you seek to stop...

not to bright

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

not to bright

That doesn't make sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to anonymis's comment:

That would be interesting  but if someone, doesn't matter who, has posted a discussion about the Patriots and football with out all the drama then I'm not going to ignore thatperson. In fact I'm more inclined to respond. It's the main reason I'm here to begin with and I don't want to discourage true football talk.

I would not expect you to. I was referring to a few of those people who make personal remarks and express trollish behavior for attention.  I still think it's fine to discuss and debate football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

not to bright

No, I don't think so.  This board doesn't have the technical ability to ban posters by ip address. There fore there is no true disincentive to curb poor behavior.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

How do I go about ignoring myself? There's an ignore button for everyone but myself.

lol. kinda hard to do that.....unless maybe you have multiple personalities, create multiple user names....and put each other on ignore.... Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think it's a great idea.  It won't work, because people cannot control themselves, but it would be great.

Yep. That crossed my mind too. But just think, a week of football debating w/o the drama. My guess is that even if it were successful....it would be very temporary. But I'm gonna do it anyway Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Yep. That crossed my mind too. But just think, a week of football debating w/o the drama. My guess is that even if it were successful....it would be very temporary. But I'm gonna do it anyway Laughing

It would increase the enjoyment of these boards for all by a million.  Instead of having every single thread of interest turned upside down, it would be fun and interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I've been playing along for years. If only more posters would jump on the bandwagon, this would be a far, far, better place. Game On- hope you get more takers.  Ignore the noise, resist the bait.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brilliant!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's easy I do it every morning. I simply look in the mirror and say "I'm not talking to you" then I carry on with the rest of my day and never talk to myself. Of course when I get back home I feel bad look in the mirror and apologize to myself

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's easy I do it every morning. I simply look in the mirror and say "I'm not talking to you" then I carry on with the rest of my day and never talk to myself. Of course when I get back home I feel bad look in the mirror and apologize to myself

[/QUOTE]

Lol!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I guarantee if Rusty could control himself enough to just ignore one person...(Butt-cheese)....we would see at least half the threads not be ruined. As much as Rusty seems to tick so many people off, butt-cheese follows him around to every single thread, and ruins it. Between the 2 of them, at least 1/2 the threads go down the crapper with their childish back and forth "mines bigger than yours" BS....

So here's a challenge for Mr. 152 IQ......are you MAN ENOUGH to ignore butt-cheese? This message board improves 1000% with that one little click.

My money says you can't do it.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I guarantee if Rusty could control himself enough to just ignore one person...(Butt-cheese)....we would see at least half the threads not be ruined. As much as Rusty seems to tick so many people off, butt-cheese follows him around to every single thread, and ruins it. Between the 2 of them, at least 1/2 the threads go down the crapper with their childish back and forth "mines bigger than yours" BS....

So here's a challenge for Mr. 152 IQ......are you MAN ENOUGH to ignore butt-cheese? This message board improves 1000% with that one little click.

agreed.  And, there are a couple of other people who do bait Rusty. I admit that I'm guilty as charged, but in the past 3 weeks ago I simply decided to put Rusty on ignore.  I can only speak for myself when i say that it has improved the site for me.

So, if those other posters just test to see if this works for a week, that'd be kewl Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

agreed.  And, there are a couple of other people who do bait Rusty. I admit that I'm guilty as charged, but in the past 3 weeks ago I simply decided to put Rusty on ignore.  I can only speak for myself when i say that it has improved the site for me.

So, if those other posters just test to see if this works for a week, that'd be kewl Laughing

[/QUOTE]

You can speak for me too on this issue. The site has been so much better since I tossed him on ignore oh so long ago

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Can anyone see this?

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I would be in but since I am ingoring you I must disavow any knowledge of this thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Can anyone see this?

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

No

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Can anyone see this?

No

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so.  This is going to be a long week for me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I would be in but since I am ingoring you I must disavow any knowledge of this thread.

LOL.  See? I knew that there are fans with a sense of humor Laughing