Official Training Camp Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Official Training Camp Thread

Figured we could use an official training camp thread to discuss the daily ongoings and insights of training camp. It beats having multiple threads for each day. So far it is day two and things are looking pretty good. 

Heard Dobson looked good. Did anyone make it today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Official Training Camp Thread

In response to russgriswold's comment:

My uncle went yesterday, but I haven't spoken to him yet.  He's going tomorrow too. 

One note I just heard, to contribute to your thread:

Apparently, Trestman had the Bears QBs with cameras on their helmets to go back and see what a QB is looking at with progressions on certain plays. Pretty cool idea.

So, BB has the QBs with them in camp now.  Tebow's camera is probably bobbing all over the place and wildly moving violently, back and forth.

lol

I only seen a camera on Brady's helmet today.

edit.. Ooops!  Just seen Tebow and Mallet both wearing one too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/07/daily_training_camp_overreacti.html

According to this report, Dobson, Amendola, and Aiken were the stand outs at WR on day two.

I also read on someone's twitter that Collins has looked very impressive and has shown good coverage ability (can't remember who said it).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

How is Danny "fumbles" Amendola doing?  

Have been at the camp and this guy looks outstanding and Brady seems happy to have a bigger and faster receiver and BB seems to like the fact that he can play the slot AND play as a wide-out.

In 2012  Danny had 98 touches in the 11 games he played, passes received, punts returned, kickoffs returned, and runs and he had 2 fumbles . . . guess what, Wes had two fumbles last year . . . not stop the hate!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Things I've taken away from camp at this point:

Cannon has a good shot to surplant Connolly as starting RG

Other than Amendola we have zero clue who will be next WR up at this point (Jenkins, Aikens, Thompkins, Dobson have all taken 1st reps so far)

Sudfeld is giving Fells heartburn at night (As Sudfeld continues to impress as both a blocker and receiver)

Collins might be that ultra versatile LB BB wanted who can be a coverage LB, extra SS, or rushing DE. The question is if they are moving him everywhere because he isn't excelling and any given position or because he has the talent to be the specialty passing down player we've been missing for a while?

Arrington might be getting 1st team reps but Dennard is clearly a much better talent at the outside position. Lets hope Dennard does collect $200

Francis is making his mark. Francis was my glass slipper story in camp last preseason and I feel so proud I picked the right horse at the end of last season. I think he's gained some weight too, I'm wondering if he can move inside as he's been getting some 1st team reps.

T. Wilson yet again is making us all question why he was taken in the 2nd round... I hope Rusty was right about him when we all questioned the pick and Rusty claimed him as a star in the making but it's not looking good. Speaking of reaches at S, has anyone heard anything about or Rutgers guys?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PAtsEng's comment about the WR next to Amendola...from what I've read, Dobson and Aiken have been the most impressive next to Amendola on the first two days.

Personally, I'd love it if Dobson clicks with Brady and is the starter opposite Amendola come week 1...I'm not saying it will happen, but if he can keep it up, he might put himself in a position to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to PAtsEng's comment about the WR next to Amendola...from what I've read, Dobson and Aiken have been the most impressive next to Amendola on the first two days.

Personally, I'd love it if Dobson clicks with Brady and is the starter opposite Amendola come week 1...I'm not saying it will happen, but if he can keep it up, he might put himself in a position to.

I'm crossing my fingers it's Dobson but that Aikens is in serious conversation is troublesome to me. Jenkins has been making some nice grabs too and is a vet so that has to be taken into account. I can see Dobson as a 2nd round pick getting early nod to see what the kid has but when a PS player and a #4 WR are in serious talks for #2 position on a pass heavy team that's a bit scary

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

The one name I have not heard or read about after two days of camp is Ras-I. Mini Camp reports were that he was looking good, but not a word written about him yet in training camp. Anybody been to one of the first two days of camp have any observations about him? Thanks.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

AP, no sense talking with Rusty. If I could I'd go back and point out where he said T. Wilson was going to be a star I would but I can't because that account was banned and there is no way to go back and quote a banned account. But, I distinctly remember Rusty calling us all out for questioning BB for making that pick because BB was an all time great GM and none of us knew what we were talking about. It's not the first time Rusty has made similar claims over draft picks that we all disagreed with and I'm sure it won't be the last but there is no way to prove or disprove this claim. But, I bet if T. Wilson was looking great he'd be saying that we all were wrong again and he claimed it to be right. Now, I'm hoping his original statement is right and T. Wilson shows why he was considered a 2nd round pick by BB and he can come on here to kill us all on it but as of right now it looks like a flopped pick.

Besides I just get a kick on his millenial views. Funny thing was I was born in 81' so depending on which guide you take I'm either a millenial (post 80') or I'm part of Rusty's generation (pre 82') but either way I'm really not sure what that has to do with anything. I just find it comical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

The one name I have not heard or read about after two days of camp is Ras-I. Mini Camp reports were that he was looking good, but not a word written about him yet in training camp. Anybody been to one of the first two days of camp have any observations about him? Thanks.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

I heard he pulled his groin in the shower.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

I heard Brady became a whipped woman with Giselle and after injurying himself. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you for the quality analysis of a serious question. i will let you get back to your trollish infighting now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well, he lied.  I had no idea who Tavon Wilson was when BB drafted him so there is no way I would have said "he is a star in the making".

You lied too, because you tried to align with a Millennial there. Sad, really.

With regards to economics my shot at PatsEng was about his apparent lack of understanding of why his binky Welkie over-estimated his value.

What will probably happen is, Welker won't win a SB in his last 2 years as a WR.

PatsEng and his other immature buddy TFB12, thought BB walking from Welkie meant doom. It does not.

Hahahaha, you are a joke! 

Why do you have to ruin every thread?  Look at all these threads, you litter every single one of them with your garbage. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

AP, no sense talking with Rusty. If I could I'd go back and point out where he said T. Wilson was going to be a star I would but I can't because that account was banned and there is no way to go back and quote a banned account. But, I distinctly remember Rusty calling us all out for questioning BB for making that pick because BB was an all time great GM and none of us knew what we were talking about. It's not the first time Rusty has made similar claims over draft picks that we all disagreed with and I'm sure it won't be the last but there is no way to prove or disprove this claim. But, I bet if T. Wilson was looking great he'd be saying that we all were wrong again and he claimed it to be right. Now, I'm hoping his original statement is right and T. Wilson shows why he was considered a 2nd round pick by BB and he can come on here to kill us all on it but as of right now it looks like a flopped pick.

Besides I just get a kick on his millenial views. Funny thing was I was born in 81' so depending on which guide you take I'm either a millenial (post 80') or I'm part of Rusty's generation (pre 82') but either way I'm really not sure what that has to do with anything. I just find it comical.

I remember it too, it went like this after Wilson made a tackle in camp last year (a tackle for christ's sake!)....the warnings were out people! Bill Belichick has done it again...mthurl, pezzy, texaspat, babe, rkarp all on suicide watch! Still don't get it folks? Hmm, some just will never learn - Wilson was building momentum prior to the draft...Belichick had his antennas up...classic. Bill's making everyone look stupid again, just like when he drafted Gronk and Hern and extended them both at cap friendly 40 million dollar deals....still feel like he shouldn't of traded back as Clay Matthews continues to prove he is a one trick soft pony?    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

OK, seriously, training camp starts today. This stuff in shorts and t-shirts is about as relevant to real football as when we used to play 3 on 3 in the street (and had to move aside when a car came by). "You go deep, and you do a square out left."

Frankly, it's irrelevant. Unless you're Jeremy Maclin or Dennis Pitta...

I miss two-a-days. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

OK, seriously, training camp starts today. This stuff in shorts and t-shirts is about as relevant to real football as when we used to play 3 on 3 in the street (and had to move aside when a car came by). "You go deep, and you do a square out left."

I miss two-a-days. 

Agreed they have totally pussified training camp. training camp is to find out who can take it and who can make it. No wonder there's so many severe injurys during the regular season now, seems the level of preparedness has gone down.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Agreed they have totally pussified training camp. training camp is to find out who can take it and who can make it. No wonder there's so many severe injurys during the regular season now, seems the level of preparedness has gone down. 

I'm trying to picture my high school coach being told that two-a-days and full contact practices were no longer allowed. Yikes!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from copydog. Show copydog's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I'm trying to picture my high school coach being told that two-a-days and full contact practices were no longer allowed. Yikes!

I remember football camp in Maine prior to school opening when other HS's were in simple two a days......up at 6, last workout at 7 , two 3 hour sessions in pads in between...lots of sprints and grass drills, nothing but hitting and scrimmaging...man, it's the players union that did this to the pro's....but guys stay in reasonable shape in between seasons now, unless they have a death wish....given how many guys have been lost for the year in the last week, I'm not sure starting out hard at the beginning is the best thing to do....Dallas lost 4 guys on the 1st day...crazy!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

I heard Brady became a whipped woman with Giselle and after injurying himself. 

[/QUOTE]

Queenie, what does "injurying himself" mean? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I miss two-a-days. 

Hey, I played a lot of 3 on 3 and that was real football - well, kinda.  Totally agree, give the team a chance to get into the training camp routine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Mine would have swallowed his tongue.  If we didn't hit as hard in practice as we were expected to hit in games we did laps.  'China' Murphy and Mike Donato - the definition of old school.