Officials Get Fined

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Officials Get Fined

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined:
    And while I am busy spreading blame, will someone tell me how our back field was able to shut down Manning on into the early second half, and then we turned into swiss cheese? I'm not saying it's easy, but did our guys lose focus?  fatigue?  cockiness?  It was painful to watch Manning act like an ADHD kid at the mall with a no-limit Mastercard.
    Posted by ConcordWiggin

Easy explanation: The pass rush got lazy. Watch replays if you can. AD had open lanes but he really made it easy for the OL to stop him. It was like seeing Maroney on D. I bet he'll be gone next year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

He had the first down, the game should have been over then, and we were robbed again in Indy and I can't wait until we get there in the playoffs and destroy these punkAZZ Colts and maybe even accidently run into a couple of zebras!!!!! :)

Go Pats!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

NFL Head of officiating said the spot would stand even if challenged.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Officials Get Fined : Hey, I've got a better headline: "PATS FANS CLASSLESS WHINING CAUSES ALL OTHER TEAMS FANS TO HATE THEM"
    Posted by JintsFan

So, since the Giants have been on a 4 game slide, but actually gained ground during their BYE week, should they suit up this week?

They get further when they don't take the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : JSM is a wank*r!
    Posted by JintsFan

So, do you wait until you think no one is on the board to come here and post? Is your shame that great?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtFan69. Show ColtFan69's posts

In Response to Officials Get Fined:
    Wouldn't that make an appropriate headline this week? How many times did we all see the replay of Faulk's 4th down catch?  It was right over the 30 yardline!  We know the original spot was exactly the 20, because it was from a touch back.  Absolutely, the refs made a bad call that change the outcome of the game.  Period. Lest any of you think I am a sore loser, YES, I am.  I don't like seeing (yet another Pats/Colts game in Indie) refs take away very hard work from players, and yes, from our coach too. Is there more blame to go around?  Sure.  Had Welker not called his own timeout shortly before, we would have been able to challenge the spot at the 30.  Had we not fumbled at the frickin 1-foot like, the game would have been different.  I even have a hard time with Slater running the ball out of the endzone, turning a 2-play 13 seconds into a 1-play 9 seconds.  Actually, our mistakes in this game were notably few. The other glaring gaff by the officials came with 3:03 left, when the Colts receiver bumped back into our cover, "drawing" a 31-yard gain interference flag.  Maybe I don't know the rule well enough, but isn't a defender entitled to his own virtical space? Since the Commish is quite a liberal when it comes to handing out fines, why not spank the refs in their bank accounts for at least the WRONG call at the 2-minute slot, when it would have sealed the game for us? Your comments?
    Posted by ConcordWiggin

So just out of courisoity do you cry this much when NE gets bad calls?  Brady points at his foot and gets a flag??  Give me a break!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

While I think it's enough already with the refs and the spot and all the angst, I'm wondering why, ultimately, the call was made by the guy who couldn't see the ball. In baseball, if an umpire's view of a play that would normally be his call is obstructed, he defers to another umpire. The official who placed that ball had the same view of the play that all of us watching on television had. The camera was behind him. I kept hearing Al Michaels insist that the ball was being juggled, but in real time, I never saw that, and neither did you . . .

and neither did the official who made the call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

"Peyton would have scored a touchdown even if he had to go 70 yards. That is just what he does."

Yup.

Heaves the ball downfield and waits for the flag he knows is coming, giving him a huge gain he could not earn on his own.

Now there is a reason to be proud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I can't believe you guys are still whining about this!  You guys just love to find the closest calls in the game that went against the Pats and call it the reason your team lost!  We Colt fans could probably do that in games that the Pats win, they're just too far in the past and we can't remember those calls.  Someone suggested that no calls ever go against the Colts in these games - are you forgetting the entire game of receiver assaults perpetrated a few games back?  There were 5+ interference/defensive holding calls that were "missed" by officials...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I can't believe you guys are still whining about this!  You guys just love to find the closest calls in the game that went against the Pats and call it the reason your team lost!  We Colt fans could probably do that in games that the Pats win, they're just too far in the past and we can't remember those calls.  Someone suggested that no calls ever go against the Colts in these games - are you forgetting the entire game of receiver assaults perpetrated a few games back?  There were 5+ interference/defensive holding calls that were "missed" by officials...
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Why did you remove the post that I was responding to?
    Does the truth offend you that much?

Maybe it was parallax error. LOLx10

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : Why did you remove the post that I was responding to? Does the truth offend you that much? Maybe it was parallax error. LOLx10
    Posted by antibody

To what are you referring?  I didn't know I had the authority to remove anything.  If you're referring to the post where you chastized me for spelling "parallax" incorrectly, that was on a different thread whining about the same call.  Better find it quickly before there are three or four more threads about the same close call!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : To what are you referring?  I didn't know I had the authority to remove anything.  If you're referring to the post where you chastized me for spelling "parallax" incorrectly, that was on a different thread whining about the same call.  Better find it quickly before there are three or four more threads about the same close call!
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Posting multiple threads on the same topic is like the national pastime around here.

But don't bring it up.

It annoys the seasonals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lsulifer86. Show lsulifer86's posts

Colts Are being renamed next year

... to Colts and Zebras.

Get over it Pats fans, BB+TB+crew vs. PM+crew+zebras everytime. Pats could have won this inspite of the zebras, but they didn't...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : Forward progress can only be measured once it is a reception. At that point, he gets the furthest point of the ball once he is contacted and his forward momentum stops. (If he hits a guy at the thirty, bounces off him and then runs back to try and run around him but it tackled at the 28, his momentum is stopped the second time at the 28.) He had the ball in possession with his foot down which makes it a reception. His foot is on the 30, but his body is leaning across the 30 towards the 31.  He is contacted by the defender as he is gaining possession so that is where his forward progress should have been measured. The line of gain is the 30. He is clearly on the line of gain with the ball across it. I think what happened is the Line Judge making the call sees Faulk not get possession immediately and makes a guess that he doesn't gain possession until after he is going down. It is clear from the other angle that he has possession when his right foot hits the 30 though. The umpire though looks like he could have seen the possession and comes walking at the 30 but then he kind of flakes off. I just realized something. The Line Judge should have been Ron Marinucci who wears #107. The Line Judge in the video is wearing #24. The ref crew last night was Scott Green. There is no #24 on Scott Green's crew unless my source is wrong. In fact, I can't find a ref with #24 in the lists. That is kind of odd.
    Posted by EnochRoot

maybe polian inserted one of his lackeys as official #24.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

..... The official who placed that ball had the same view of the play that all of us watching on television had. The camera was behind him. I kept hearing Al Michaels insist that the ball was being juggled, but in real time, I never saw that, and neither did you . . . and neither did the official who made the call.
    Posted by prairiemike

the official that made the call and spotted the ball gave the juggling sign as he was spotting the ball, so he too saw a juggle that no one saw but the zebra, costas and collinsworth. I personal saw ONE Juggle and then his right foot touch the ground, (Forward Progress Spot!), on the other side of the thirty then the contact, Ball should have been spotted at the thirty and 1/8 line!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by JulesWinfield

Do you not see the irony of saying you can't believe Pats' fans are still whining about this event from the past weekend while you begin griping (inaccurately) about something that happened over, what, 6-7 years ago?

You are a bigger tool than you let on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : maybe polian inserted one of his lackeys as official #24.
    Posted by unclealfie

I was wondering if it actually was Polian, but then I realized that his face wasn't beet red and the shirt wasn't riding up over his gut.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

In Response to Re: Officials Get Fined : To what are you referring?  I didn't know I had the authority to remove anything.  If you're referring to the post where you chastized me for spelling "parallax" incorrectly, that was on a different thread whining about the same call.  Better find it quickly before there are three or four more threads about the same close call!
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Hey, my friend, I wrote this original post, and have no idea what you wrote or that it was deleted.  I know I tried to post a response the other day (yes, to my own) and it wouldn't let me.

Anyway, go Pats!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Typical whenever the Pats lose. It's ALWAYS the refs. Jesus, man up will ya? You lost. Take it like men and move on. The season is far from over. It's just a loss. Stop the F-in whining already. I've read these posts for years now and every time the Pats lose it's NEVER their fault according to some of you. Ever wonder why the rest of the country calls you poor sports? Probably not, because 99% of you never lived anywhere but Revere, Lynn and Weymouth. You guys are Homers to the max. You lost a game. Deal with it. Maybe they should start fining teams that fake defensive injuries during a hurry up offense. Sound familiar to you guys???
    Posted by ironman11

Sorry it took me so long to read your post.  Yes, I have heard of Revere, Lynn and Weymouth.  I think they are somewhere near Boston, right?  I figure you must know.

Maybe you can guess from my screen name where I am from.

No, we Pats fans do not blame refs for every loss.  This was my first time, and they deserved it.

Who has the six rings?  Cowboys?  Steelers?  I am not up on NFL ancient history.

Sections
Shortcuts