Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Officiating

At this point, live with it and move on.

I am certain we can review tape of games for all NFL teams and find similar lack of calls or bad calls.  When all one does is watch Pats games only, the blinders are on fairly tightly.  Is it supposed to be "fair"?  I think not.  Argue all you want that calls have to be made correctly, but, these are humans trying to see with their own eyes, without benefit of multiple camera angles and replays, a bang-bang play and decide in a split second if the yellow hankie has to be thrown.

Even when, in a perfect NFL world, there can be a "penalty call replay official" in the booth, there is so much going on across the field, that person may not get to see everything before the next play goes off. Win some, lose some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I cannot believe they got a raise

Its time to make refs full time, maybe then we wont get a lot of this shyyt

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The officials are being mico managed and Goodell is on them 24-7 telling them do this, do that, look for this, call that...etc.

They are now suffering from battle fatigue...more worried about what is called, what isn't called, what happened a week ago. They are no longer able to react instinctivly.

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

How strange.... all the ones you think were bad went against the Patriots. I'm shocked.

...and Brady is the cause of all bad play in the game!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Horrible and incostistent officiating. Both intentional grounding calls were questionable. Brady did not face immediate pressure and Campbell was outside of the tackle box. How often do you see grounding called when ball is thrown into the stands? If Gordon's catch was upheld, Edelman's should've been too. Also, did I hear "half the distance to the goal" from a ref after unnecessary roughness penalty on Edelman's touchdown? They looked like replacement refs out there.

On the other hand, those who cry about "questionable" PI call should look at PI call in Ravens-Vikings game on Flacco's int.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:

Horrible and incostistent officiating. Both intentional grounding calls were questionable. Brady did not face immediate pressure and Campbell was outside of the tackle box. How often do you see grounding called when ball is thrown into the stands? If Gordon's catch was upheld, Edelman's should've been too. Also, did I hear "half the distance to the goal" from a ref after unnecessary roughness penalty on Edelman's touchdown? They looked like replacement refs out there.

On the other hand, those who cry about "questionable" PI call should look at PI call in Ravens-Vikings game on Flacco's int.

Not to defend to refs but the Campbell intentional grounding did not reach to line of scrimmage which is required if there is not a receiver in the area.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

On the other hand, when the Brown's successfully challenged a completion just as the ball was being snapped,  there had been a yellow flag thrown which was just forgotten about.

The flag had to be against the Browns but the refs were giving the Pats the completion and the 1st down.

Once the completion was taken away: What was the penalty?   What was the flag?

Bring back the replacements:)

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

my one stance on officiating... this is the worst season of NFL reffing I've witnessed. the replacement refs were the obvious worst but those weren't the NFL trained guys that suck today. part of this is the rules that Goodell has put in place and part is just bad calls and one sided calls (cough* Manning cough*)

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts