Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Officiating

At this point, live with it and move on.

I am certain we can review tape of games for all NFL teams and find similar lack of calls or bad calls.  When all one does is watch Pats games only, the blinders are on fairly tightly.  Is it supposed to be "fair"?  I think not.  Argue all you want that calls have to be made correctly, but, these are humans trying to see with their own eyes, without benefit of multiple camera angles and replays, a bang-bang play and decide in a split second if the yellow hankie has to be thrown.

Even when, in a perfect NFL world, there can be a "penalty call replay official" in the booth, there is so much going on across the field, that person may not get to see everything before the next play goes off. Win some, lose some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I cannot believe they got a raise

Its time to make refs full time, maybe then we wont get a lot of this shyyt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep. I am doing it. It needs it's own thread.

This was one of the worst officiated games against us overall all year. It continued and continued and continued:

I counted 5 egregious calls that were unprofessionally or incorrectly honored by the rules of the game:

1. Hightower strip. Fact: He had not finally grasped Little and stopped Little who was still trying to get away. The ball comes loose on the way down, but the moron was blowing the whistle while Little was on the way down. Why? Who does this?  The play was not complete.  Horrendous. Fumble and loss of momentum.

2. Amendola thrown to the ground for PI. No call.  Again, horrendous.  That was obvious PI.  

3. Gordon and Talib get their legs tangled, which is always incidental and they call Talib for PI.  Horrendous and not how they call that ever.

4. The over turn of the McGehee spot.  While close, NE actually had him stoned a full yard from the marker, but where was that quick whistle from that ref then?  So, they let it go and McGehee slithers for more field and they spot him just short. They then review and it clearly was not defintive evidence to over-turn.

Wait for it...the worst thing I've seen not called in a while....

5. Josh Gordon engages with Talib and then pushes Talib down while the ball was in the air to Cameron. Gee, how did Cameron get so open?  That's texbook Off PI.  TD for Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

How strange.... all the ones you think were bad went against the Patriots. I'm shocked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The officials are being mico managed and Goodell is on them 24-7 telling them do this, do that, look for this, call that...etc.

They are now suffering from battle fatigue...more worried about what is called, what isn't called, what happened a week ago. They are no longer able to react instinctivly.

Goodell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

[QUOTE]

How strange.... all the ones you think were bad went against the Patriots. I'm shocked.

[/QUOTE]

...and Brady is the cause of all bad play in the game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This was one of the worst officiated games against us overall all year. It continued and continued and continued:

I counted 5 egregious calls that were unprofessionally or incorrectly honored by the rules of the game:

1. Hightower strip. Fact: He had not finally grasped Little and stopped Little who was still trying to get away. The ball comes loose on the way down, but the moron was blowing the whistle while Little was on the way down. Why? Who does this?  The play was not complete.  Horrendous. Fumble and loss of momentum.

2. Amendola thrown to the ground for PI. No call.  Again, horrendous.  That was obvious PI.  

3. Gordon and Talib get their legs tangled, which is always incidental and they call Talib for PI.  Horrendous and not how they call that ever.

4. The over turn of the McGehee spot.  While close, NE actually had him stoned a full yard from the marker, but where was that quick whistle from that ref then?  So, they let it go and McGehee slithers for more field and they spot him just short. They then review and it clearly was not defintive evidence to over-turn.

5. Josh Gordon engages with Talib and then pushes Talib down while the ball was in the air to Cameron. Gee, how did Cameron get so open?  That's texbook Off PI.  TD for Cleveland.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, which bad ones went against Cleveland?  How strange, you said something and didn't make a point to counter successfully. lol

[/QUOTE]

You mean besides the bogus PI that won the game for the NE Paper Tigers?  That  gives them 6 games won by 3 or less  As if anyone needed more proof that you don't actually watch the games, yesterday you asked what Jason Cambell did (he threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs against the AFC top D), now you're asking what calls went against the Browns.  The Browns had more penalties called against them and for about twice as many yards.  You just have this insatiable need to cry about EVERYTHING.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...and Brady is the cause of all bad play in the game!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say "ALL". I never said all. I hold him accountable for what he's responsible for. He's a great leader, tough, battles and is great at leading comebacks.

However, he is not be excused for his own poor play for like 3 qtrs because we're not going to win in the playoffs with him half drunk through the first half like that, troll.

Anyone who aligns with Bustchise, like you just did, is a troll.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks that their 400 yard 2 TD:1 Int QB almost lost the game for their team after their crappy D tried to give up two game losing drives at home against a 1-5 road team is an idiot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, which bad ones went against Cleveland?  How strange, you said something and didn't make a point to counter successfully. lol

[/QUOTE]

You mean besides the bogus PI that won the game for the NE Paper Tigers?  That  gives them 6 games won by 3 or less  As if anyone needed more proof that you don't actually watch the games, yesterday you asked what Jason Cambell did (he threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs against the AFC top D), now you're asking what calls went against the Browns.  The Browns had more penalties called against them and for about twice as many yards.  You just have this insatiable need to cry about EVERYTHING.  

[/QUOTE]

Did the DB pull on Boyce's shoulder pad or not? Answer, YES he did. So, even though the flag came late, there is justification a penalty was there.

Fact is, that is a gift for us because it probably wasn't enough for a flag at the end of the game. But, 1 gift call still does not make up for 5 gifts for Cleveland earlier.  5>1, Corky Boy.

Campbell does not throw for 400 yards or 3 TDs if all of the 5 above grossly missed calls against us were called correctly. FACT.

[/QUOTE]

Wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... and the NE Paper Tigers lose if the refs don't bail them out again.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Horrible and incostistent officiating. Both intentional grounding calls were questionable. Brady did not face immediate pressure and Campbell was outside of the tackle box. How often do you see grounding called when ball is thrown into the stands? If Gordon's catch was upheld, Edelman's should've been too. Also, did I hear "half the distance to the goal" from a ref after unnecessary roughness penalty on Edelman's touchdown? They looked like replacement refs out there.

On the other hand, those who cry about "questionable" PI call should look at PI call in Ravens-Vikings game on Flacco's int.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Horrible and incostistent officiating. Both intentional grounding calls were questionable. Brady did not face immediate pressure and Campbell was outside of the tackle box. How often do you see grounding called when ball is thrown into the stands? If Gordon's catch was upheld, Edelman's should've been too. Also, did I hear "half the distance to the goal" from a ref after unnecessary roughness penalty on Edelman's touchdown? They looked like replacement refs out there.

On the other hand, those who cry about "questionable" PI call should look at PI call in Ravens-Vikings game on Flacco's int.

[/QUOTE]

Not to defend to refs but the Campbell intentional grounding did not reach to line of scrimmage which is required if there is not a receiver in the area.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

On the other hand, when the Brown's successfully challenged a completion just as the ball was being snapped,  there had been a yellow flag thrown which was just forgotten about.

The flag had to be against the Browns but the refs were giving the Pats the completion and the 1st down.

Once the completion was taken away: What was the penalty?   What was the flag?

Bring back the replacements:)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to defend to refs but the Campbell intentional grounding did not reach to line of scrimmage which is required if there is not a receiver in the area.

[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that.

Anyway, after reading Texas Pat's horrendous review and grading scale, to not factor in the 4 egregious wrong calls by the rules that affected our D in this game, is absolutely ludicrous, especially giving Brady a B grade for only two good drives for our team in entire game.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  27 points on only 2 good drives?  That's incredible.  Where did the rest of those points come from?  Was it all of those forced turnovers by the D?  Special teams?  Maybe it was those 100 yard RBs?   

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that.

Anyway, after reading Texas Pat's horrendous review and grading scale, to not factor in the 4 egregious wrong calls by the rules that affected our D in this game, is absolutely ludicrous, especially giving Brady a B grade for only two good drives for our team in entire game.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  27 points on only 2 good drives?  That's incredible.  Where did the rest of those points come from?  Was it all of those forced turnovers by the D?  Special teams?  Maybe it was those 100 yard RBs?   

[/QUOTE]

The last TD came on an onsides kick executed by STs, yes. So, that's 7 points right there.

Yes, two good drives. The one to Vereen and then the Edelman TD. 14 points.

I am thrilled they eeked themselves into FG range in the 3rd qtr, Busty!  Wow! What an accomplishment.

Brady turned it over TWICE to help Cleveland's field position.

[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show you what a complete idiot you are.  two 50 yard drives in the 2nd quarter that began around the 10 were bad drives?  68 yard drive beginning inside the 20 was a bad drive?  And because Cleveland was able to go 40 yards in 10 plays after a pick and got 3 points that was Brady's fault?  What a complete idiot you are.  Three points off of turnovers for the D that gave up 26 to the lowly Browns with a 3rd string QB passing for 400 yards and 3 TDs and you blame Brady?  This is why you are mocked.  You are a fool.  No way around it.  

You have two distinct standards. One for Brady and one for any QB playing against that weakass Pats D.  Moron. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

my one stance on officiating... this is the worst season of NFL reffing I've witnessed. the replacement refs were the obvious worst but those weren't the NFL trained guys that suck today. part of this is the rules that Goodell has put in place and part is just bad calls and one sided calls (cough* Manning cough*)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The last TD came on an onsides kick executed by STs, yes. So, that's 7 points right there.

Yes, two good drives. The one to Vereen and then the Edelman TD. 14 points.

I am thrilled they eeked themselves into FG range in the 3rd qtr, Busty!  Wow! What an accomplishment.

Brady turned it over TWICE to help Cleveland's field position.

[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show you what a complete idiot you are.  two 50 yard drives in the 2nd quarter that began around the 10 were bad drives?  68 yard drive beginning inside the 20 was a bad drive?  And because Cleveland was able to go 40 yards in 10 plays after a pick and got 3 points that was Brady's fault?  What a complete idiot you are.  Three points off of turnovers for the D that gave up 26 to the lowly Browns with a 3rd string QB passing for 400 yards and 3 TDs and you blame Brady?  This is why you are mocked.  You are a fool.  No way around it.  

You have two distinct standards. One for Brady and one for any QB playing against that weakass Pats D.  Moron. 

[/QUOTE]

We could not get into FG range the entire 1st qtr so yes they were bad drives. Also, the one drive where Brady threw the INT at midfield, which affects our D yet again, is considered a bad drive.

Yes.

Negative offensive output affects the team. LMAO

What a moron.

Your QB is Geno Bust so you should know all about this concept, Busty. Trolling just with Meadowland Mike today in Jets mode, are we, Busty?

[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.  Where were those defensive "forced turnovers" you've been spouting off about?  You know that Cleveland is one of the worst in the NFL in turning the ball over, right?  Couldn't get a pick from a thrid string QB?  You know, the one that threw for 400 yards and three TDs.  Brady's fault right?  How is it that you blame Brady for only putting up 27 points while praising the D for giving up 26?  Moron.

Maybe... but Geno's team put up 30 on that Paper Tiger squad in NE.  What were your big predictions again?   Wouldn't win more than 4?  Lose every game going into the bye?  Any more predictions?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts