Officiating Awkward

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Officiating Awkward

it really was NBA like.....disgusting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

... or maybe the officials are just bad? I believe that a Brady-Manning AFCCG would have brought the NFL the most revenue and that didn't happen. There's no conspiracy.

The officiating was awful, I agree. Absolutely terrible, both in terms of calls that were made and those that were missed. With that said, I don't see any conspiracy at work.

Let's try to be happy after a victory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

My god what an attempted bagjob. What, 4 or 5 plays that were in awkwardly in favor of Houston?

VERY concerning.

Goodell is out and about, folks.

Absolutely sick.

Strangest call was the supposed "forward progress stopped".  The receiver was twisting away, getting tackled, if he had gotten away and ran for another 10 - 15 yards it would have counted?  That had to be the quickest whistle in history.

Also, early in the game Welker gets hit high as soon as he catches a pass, no flag for a defenseless receiver.  Later in the game, a Houston player gets hit the same way and a flag against the Pats aiding a TD.

There were some head scratchers this game, but, the Pats won. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

My god what an attempted bagjob. What, 4 or 5 plays that were in awkwardly in favor of Houston?

VERY concerning.

Goodell is out and about, folks.

Absolutely sick.

Strangest call was the supposed "forward progress stopped".  The receiver was twisting away, getting tackled, if he had gotten away and ran for another 10 - 15 yards it would have counted?  That had to be the quickest whistle in history.

Also, early in the game Welker gets hit high as soon as he catches a pass, no flag for a defenseless receiver.  Later in the game, a Houston player gets hit the same way and a flag against the Pats aiding a TD.

There were some head scratchers this game, but, the Pats won. 

yea they werent consistent at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Let's not get paranoid and assume Goodell is out to get us every time the refs mess up some calls. I think it's more likely attributable to circumstance. The refs made mistakes and called certain plays in a way that ended up rolling in Houston's favor.

If the refs were really being influenced, then the Baltimore Ravens would not have gotten so many calls go their way in Denver (as it benefits the league if Manning advances to face Brady).

There's nothing wrong with complaining about bad officiating, but I think fans sound a little crazy when they seriously entertain conspiracy theories about the refs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

Let's not get paranoid and assume Goodell is out to get us every time the refs mess up some calls. I think it's more likely attributable to circumstance. The refs made mistakes and called certain plays in a way that ended up rolling in Houston's favor.

If the refs were really being influenced, then the Baltimore Ravens would not have gotten so many calls go their way in Denver (as it benefits the league if Manning advances to face Brady).

There's nothing wrong with complaining about bad officiating, but I think fans sound a little crazy when they seriously entertain conspiracy theories about the refs.

Dude, I watched this game with 5 non-Pats fans at my place and they were stunned.  2 of them aren't even football fans like us.

It was atrocious.

Please stop.  They even tried to call the close plays in favor of Houston and then got caught doing it.  

Please stop what? 

Some of us believe that the officials are just that bad. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy. 

What would the NFL have to gain from New England being eliminated, and having a Houston-Baltimore AFCCG? Absolutely nothing. From a revenue perspective, the NFL had to have been huge Pats fans today. Brady-Lewis, Patriots-Ravens -- those storylines sell tickets and draw views. Not Shaub-Lewis, or Shaub-Flacco, or Texans-Ravens. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Dude, I watched this game with 5 non-Pats fans at my place and they were stunned.  2 of them aren't even football fans like us.

It was atrocious.

Please stop.  They even tried to call the close plays in favor of Houston and then got caught doing it.  

Please stop what? 

Some of us believe that the officials are just that bad. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy. 

What would the NFL have to gain from New England being eliminated, and having a Houston-Baltimore AFCCG? Absolutely nothing. From a revenue perspective, the NFL had to have been huge Pats fans today. Brady-Lewis, Patriots-Ravens -- those storylines sell tickets and draw views. Not Shaub-Lewis, or Shaub-Flacco, or Texans-Ravens. 

What?

Do you really see officiating like that in the other games? I don't!!   I see rule changes and all kinds of other crap during these games.

That strip on that "forward progress" crap was a joke!!!!   That is the second time this year this D has been victimized by that.

No one (myself included) is denying that the officiating was absolutely awful, and impaired the Patriots the majority of the time, but I don't believe that there was any conspiracy at work by Goodell. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

BB "well, they (the refs) saw it one way and we saw it another"

"we" = The rest of the country (except possibly Texas)

BB gave a great presser. He almost even smiled. Apparently he felt his face starting to crack and reeled it back in, but he almost smiled. Gave lots of great answers... but I digress

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It was both awkward and terrible and for a second I thought we were playing in houston. I don't think these games are fixed Russ. this isn't the WWF. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

It was atrocious.

Please stop what? 

dreighver,  

Just ignore this rockscully moron. He is the dunce of the forum and the but of everyones jokes. He must have short man syndrome, as he needs to disagree with every poster on the forum. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

how quickly the Refs blew the whisle both times when texas needed it was the oddest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

It was both awkward and terrible and for a second I thought we were playing in houston. I don't think these games are fixed Russ. this isn't the WWF. 

Are you kidding me? Like Scully said, they were told to keep the game close. Thats why when the Pats started running away with the game, the Texans got all the calls. And don't say it doesn't happen. The NBA does it all the time and they've admitted it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wonder, with Ray Lewis in what could be his last NFL game, make that his LAST game, you think there will be some sentimental calls made to possibly get him to the big dance for the last time?  Ya never know as the Ravens are known for whining about calls, especially Coach Harbaugh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

how quickly the Refs blew the whisle both times when texas needed it was the oddest.

How about the spot calls, too? They were so quick to call it definitively when it actually appeared to be the other way around. So, that meant if you challenged it, it would be hard to reverse.

The Foster goal line TD was in no way visibile enough to signal a TD, but they did.  And, that was the least offensive bad call of the night!

the ref that called that a td had no view of where the ball was, the ref that saw the ball, signalled that there was no TD.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

How about the spot calls, too? They were so quick to call it definitively when it actually appeared to be the other way around. So, that meant if you challenged it, it would be hard to reverse.The Foster goal line TD was in no way visibile enough to signal a TD, but they did.  And, that was the least offensive bad call of the night! 

the ref that called that a td had no view of where the ball was, the ref that saw the ball, signalled that there was no TD.

i said the same thing in the game thread... It was a close call, but the only ref who had an angle should have been the one calling it. Oh well I guess refs can just guess at times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    I wonder, with Ray Lewis in what could be his last NFL game, make that his LAST game, you think there will be some sentimental calls made to possibly get him to the big dance for the last time?  Ya never know as the Ravens are known for whining about calls, especially Coach Harbaugh!

It's very concerning. It really is. Goodell loves a story and loves to promote something fresh.Why on god's green earth was that fumble blown dead so fast? It was literally milliseconds!It's part of the play!

never seen it whisled so fast... the ref near the play threw his blue bag signaling a turn over. Therefore he didn't hear a whistle and thought it was a live fumble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

If they called plays that fast all time, D's would never try to stand a reciever or running back up to strip the ball.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some bad calls - Wilfork was  held like crazy on the  two point conversion, and just many, many more.

Sections
Shortcuts