Officiating Awkward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Officiating Awkward

I agree the Refs jumped the gun on both plays, the Foster case was close I can live with that one.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I thought Baltimore got hosed on a few calls. Some games thought it seems the Refs try to call it so the game stays close. When it is close the hold off on calls unless it is blatant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, also on that Foster run for a first down Talib was held by a receiver before getting to Foster.  The guy nearly tore his jersey off and no flag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

What would the NFL have to gain from New England being eliminated, and having a Houston-Baltimore AFCCG? 

===================================================================================

The answer: Hope.  The NFL sells Hope - that "your" team will win and, in anticipation of feeling good about that,  you'll set through the games and advertisements.  Look at the emphasis on partiy and salary caps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Yeah, also on that Foster run for a first down Talib was held by a receiver before getting to Foster.  The guy nearly tore his jersey off and no flag.

the non holding calls for the pats been going on for awhile. wilfork got held a bunch. i don,t know why they never get any of these blatant calls right in the refs face.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

Or the Mesko punt. Them calling the defense player was blocked into Mesko....He wasnt touched!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I agree the Refs jumped the gun on both plays, the Foster case was close I can live with that one.

I agree, but how they could they see it to be so definitive to call it a TD?   Even the Houston TD that was called out of bounds, we never even saw

It's comical to me that we're the team in the infamous 4th and 2 in Indy being hosed so badly, and this unacceptable, indefensible CRAP is called against us like it's normal. We all watched the Sea and Atlanta game today and nothing remotely came close to 4 or 5 egregious calls against one team.

Of course the games are fixed. Who the heck besides New England fans want to see the Pats in the Super Bowl every year. It will be the same bullcrap next week against the Ravens. The Pats better win big because they are going up against the Ravens and the refs (Goodell).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I think this is the first game for me this year where I really complained about the refs for the entire game.  I'm usually pretty restrained about biatching about calls but this game had me just beside myself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i was real upset when they ruled that the texans tight end's forward progress had been stopped so that there was no fumble....that fumble really could have sealed the game for the pats, but instead the texans got back in the game and made it more interesting...i really dont know what the refs were watching, that guys forward progress was not stopped, he was making a football move when it came out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Worst officiating I've seen in quite some time--How the Hel_ is that not a fumble on the forward progress call to the TE? Refs were letting Ridley be held in the grasp for 3-4 seconds until blowing whistle--HORRIBLE job of officiating! If not for the Special teams and horrible refereeing this game would have been 52-13? That fumble, (I mean forward progress catch), would have been called a fumble 100 in 100 times during the season?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

... or maybe the officials are just bad? I believe that a Brady-Manning AFCCG would have brought the NFL the most revenue and that didn't happen. There's no conspiracy.

The officiating was awful, I agree. Absolutely terrible, both in terms of calls that were made and those that were missed. With that said, I don't see any conspiracy at work.

Let's try to be happy after a victory.

Good grief, that makes it worse. If theres no conspiracy, that means they really do suck that bad. We're done!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

My god what an attempted bagjob. What, 4 or 5 plays that were in awkwardly in favor of Houston?

VERY concerning.

Goodell is out and about, folks.

Absolutely sick.

Strangest call was the supposed "forward progress stopped".  The receiver was twisting away, getting tackled, if he had gotten away and ran for another 10 - 15 yards it would have counted?  That had to be the quickest whistle in history.

Also, early in the game Welker gets hit high as soon as he catches a pass, no flag for a defenseless receiver.  Later in the game, a Houston player gets hit the same way and a flag against the Pats aiding a TD.

There were some head scratchers this game, but, the Pats won. 

Disagree on the strangest call. I think it was Foster's TD. The official who signaled the TD was behind Foster and the ball was right on his chest. There was no way he saw a TD and yet he called it. The only angle that should be used for checking if the ball broke the plane was the one on the end line. Commentators kept pointing to the angle from around Foster's 4 o clock and above. Ridiculous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I agree I was screaming at the TV, esp. The Forward Progress call, WTF was that. I'm still perplexed with adding 2 seconds on clock. Agree also with Hit on Welker, he got up and thought there would be a flag. I am not sure what the play was but in the 4th Brady was yelling at refs, anyone know what I am talking about??? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

BB "well, they (the refs) saw it one way and we saw it another"

"we" = The rest of the country (except possibly Texas)

BB gave a great presser. He almost even smiled. Apparently he felt his face starting to crack and reeled it back in, but he almost smiled. Gave lots of great answers... but I digress

Too too funny ~  thanks man

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Some bad calls - Wilfork was  held like crazy on the  two point conversion, and just many, many more.

I know it's insane but this goes on all season !!!  The Pats never benefit on their pass rush because how much they keep being held , they never call it ! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Scull fiotcher has to be a bioth. No man walking the face of this earth complains like this. As to be afflicted with Napoleonic Syndrome.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts