Officiating Burned Our Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Officiating Burned Our Defense

Many people seem to think that although the officiating was the worst ever, the defense could've stepped up and overcome those zebras.

I agree to some extent, but it looked to me that the flags affected how our defense played. To me, it looked like all those questionable holding/illegal contact/PI calls made the secondary timid. After those calls, I thought the DB's looked less physical at the line, and were scared to jam the receivers.

I don't think those flags just gave the Ravens chances to keep the drive alive. I think they affected the way the game was played. What do you guys think? Did any one see it the same way?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Officiating Burned Our Defense

List 5 penalties against the Ravens that were not legitimate.

I'll name 5 against the Patriots:

- 1st Quarter: (1:48) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass deep left to 11-J.Edelman to BAL 11 for 19 yards (29-C.Williams). PENALTY on NE-11-J.Edelman, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at BAL 30 - No Play.

- 2nd Quarter: (15:00) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short left to 27-R.Rice. PENALTY on NE-51-J.Mayo, Defensive Pass Interference, 2 yards, enforced at BAL 22 - No Play.

- 3rd Quarter: (14:06) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Boldin. PENALTY on NE-24-K.Arrington, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BAL 37 - No Play.

- 3rd Quarter: (4:15) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco sacked at NE 22 for -12 yards (sack split by 95-C.Jones and 74-K.Love). PENALTY on NE-55-B.Spikes, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at NE 10 - No Play.

- 4th Quarter: (6:18) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep right to 82-T.Smith. PENALTY on NE-32-D.McCourty, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BAL 16 - No Play.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The defense was playing great until the bs calls started popping up. I agree, I think it changed the way the defense played the game. There are a few instances where the penalties gave the Ravens long drives. The one that first comes to my mind is the 2nd and 14 or whatever it was when they called a penalty on McCourty to give the Ravens a first down when the receiver wasn't even touched. If that isn't called then the Ravens have the ball deep in their own territory on a 3rd and 14. That is a HUGE difference. We could have forced a punt and had great field position. Instead that led to a TD.

What are the defenders supposed to do when they get called and they don't even touch the receiver? Add even more cushion so that it doesn't get called? Or how about the D-line getting tackled by the O-line all game? I don't remember holding getting called on their O-line once, but I remember seeing Chandler Jones having arms wrapped around his neck and grabbing his junk all game. How about Edelman getting slapped in the face by the Ravens over and over? This game was pathectic. The Pats outplayed the Ravens and then when they started to get the momentum again what do ya know, there's a defensive holding penalty to help the Ravens out. The Patriots moving the ball too well? Oh, well let's call a bs offensive pass interference on Edelman so the game doesn't get out of hand. Torry Smith pushes off our CB? Oh, well, you know, he's hurting pretty bad right now so let's give him this one. The crowd doesn't like what we are calling? Let's call a holding penalty on Spikes to take away that sack.

Ugh... I'm extremely PO'd right now. I usually don't complain about refs, but this was beyond pathetic and it changed the entire game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

List 5 penalties against the Ravens that were not legitimate.

I'll name 5 against the Patriots:

- 1st Quarter: (1:48) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass deep left to 11-J.Edelman to BAL 11 for 19 yards (29-C.Williams). PENALTY on NE-11-J.Edelman, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at BAL 30 - No Play.

- 2nd Quarter: (15:00) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete short left to 27-R.Rice. PENALTY on NE-51-J.Mayo, Defensive Pass Interference, 2 yards, enforced at BAL 22 - No Play.

- 3rd Quarter: (14:06) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep middle to 81-A.Boldin. PENALTY on NE-24-K.Arrington, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BAL 37 - No Play.

- 3rd Quarter: (4:15) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco sacked at NE 22 for -12 yards (sack split by 95-C.Jones and 74-K.Love). PENALTY on NE-55-B.Spikes, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at NE 10 - No Play.

- 4th Quarter: (6:18) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass incomplete deep right to 82-T.Smith. PENALTY on NE-32-D.McCourty, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BAL 16 - No Play.

kevin ur D is just fair at best right now, refs or no

Won't argue that. I'm not saying we would've had a top-of-the-league defense out there if the refs didn't get in the way. I'm saying, for this game, the refs interefered with our defense enough that it cost us the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

LOL Spikes

Frustrated with the officiating in the Patriots' 31-30 loss to the Ravens on Sunday night, linebacker Brandon Spikes sent the following tweet after the game:

"Can someone please tell these f------ zebras foot locker called and they’re needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint"

You can bet he'll hear from the NFL on that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL Spikes

Frustrated with the officiating in the Patriots' 31-30 loss to the Ravens on Sunday night, linebacker Brandon Spikes sent the following tweet after the game:

"Can someone please tell these f------ zebras foot locker called and they’re needed Back at work !!!! #BreakingPoint"

You can bet he'll hear from the NFL on that one.

he will, but im glad someone had the balls to say it..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Haha that is great. I'm glad he has the balls to comment on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

I think crying about the refs is the way to go.  I wonder if the Raven fans would have been crying about the refs considering they had 50 % more penalties and penalty yards.  But those were probably legit, right?

The Patriots had 10 penalties called against them. Now, I know that doesn't seem out of the ordinary for a fan of the most undisciplined team in the NFL. But for a well-coached team like the Patriots, who rarely commit many fouls, that's a ridiculously high number. And if you saw the game, you'd know why there were 10 fouls on the Pats: because half of those fouls were not fouls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

The NFL is turning into a joke! The game looks more like a flag football game anymore. Something has to be done to allow the Defenders a chance to play defense. The game is becoming so watered down. The pass interferences are getting ridiculous! I also understand that the NFL is trying to protect the players, but these guys are flying around out there trying to make a play (at full speed) ... not in slow-motion. Many times the offensive player drops his head down as the defender is coming in, how in the heck is the defender supposed to change his projectetory (At full speed?) It's easy for the announcers and the NFL to be critical of the defender because they get to see it in slow-motion, but the defender is reacting in 'real time'. Doesn't seem like 'NFL Football' anymore. Pretty soon the scores will be like Arena Football, 68-65!

Sections
Shortcuts