Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Officiating

Stunk, i thought i was watching a patriots - colts game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I agree with you on the Carter roughing call. The ref said he hit him with the hairline of the helmet. Since when is that a penalty? That was a textbook tackle. Reiss even said he should have raised his head. Had he done that he would have drilled Rivers in the head. I just don't get what constitutes a penalty anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Waddaya think, king, is there gonna be a fine for going low on TB's knee?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Sergio Brown grabbed Antonio Gates' right arm

it was the only call out of the bunch that I agreed with, even though I think it was incidental.

the defensive holding calls were criminal, though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

King The chargers are a good football team. I think overall it was a great game inspite of bad calls. You spot a good team that many calls on 3rd down they will score some points. Our D stepped up on 3 key drives. I believe this D improved from last week and will keep improving.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Officiating:
    [QUOTE]Probably the worst I've seen in years. Years. That side judge made 3 incorretct holding calls on NE and SD.  Bodden was flagged twice for a simple jam/man coverage move and Cason on Welker.  Just flat out incorrect calls. ' The roughing on Carter was grand larceny. A textbook, simple follow through into the numbers. My god.  What on earth is the problem? And finally, the Sergio Brown, textbook turn and not make contect with Gates whatsoever/PI call. I am just speechless. The defense was outstanding outside of the two big Rivers 3rd down passes where his throws were perfect, but those penalties not only extended drives, they gave SD 1st downs on GREAT plays by the D. Not big on conspiracies, but my good god was that bad officiating.  I started to concede the loss after the Sergio Brown call. GREAT game by the D.  Shutting down Gates like that was pheomenal under those circumtances. The run D wa superb.  Tolbert did kill them in the passing game, but overall, a nice job against a what everyone was saying was a top flight SB caliber team.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    You've read my mind !
    The flag-happy official with the holding calls on Bodden and the late-game joke of a PI Call certainly made his best effort to extend Chargers' drives.
    The thing that pisses me off the most in Goodell's NFL is that the defenses are getting dinged with these ridiculous fines left and right and when was the last guy on offense fined ? The ratio is so lopsided.
     I actually phoned into the FOX radio guys about this as I listened, post-game, on XM. I got kind of a "you'll never see the NFL consider the defender" response. Doesn't make it right. That head first blow by the Chargers back on Arrington certainly seems like a fine-able offense to me. I mean, hell, if Arrington, the defender was to initiate the helmet-first contact he'd be coughing up Ten K next week. Instead, the Pats may be without a cornerbacks services due to concussion and ......... so what, according to the NFL.
    I really, really can't stand this guy, Goodell and feel this P-O-S really needs to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

How about Weddle putting his helmet into Gronkowski's face/helmet on one of his TD's. No call there after all the BS calls against the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I agree that the calls on Carter and Brown were terrible.  I also thought the hit on Gronk in the end zone was clean (and yes it was penalized).  If Carter gets fined, it will be the height of injustice.  The game is getting hard to watch frankly.  

Something else, if you're going to penalize/fine a defensive player for leading with the helmet, then why not penalize an offensive player for the same thing, e.g., Tolbert going low on McCourty when he had the ball.  I wouldn't be in favor of that being a penalty, but it's no less violent than when a defensive player does it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

it was bad. not the worst ever, but really bad.

1. how many times did they go low on brady? wasn't there a penalty for doing so?

2. 2 holdings on bodden were a joke. there was no basis for those calls.

3. roughing on carter. on this call, i just have no idea what can and cant do to the quarterback. 

4. almost all of the penalties on the chargers were meaningless and declined.

Happy we won the game and Brady is in top shape.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Officiating:
    [QUOTE]Probably the worst I've seen in years. Years. That side judge made 3 incorretct holding calls on NE and SD.  Bodden was flagged twice for a simple jam/man coverage move and Cason on Welker.  Just flat out incorrect calls. ' The roughing on Carter was grand larceny. A textbook, simple follow through into the numbers. My god.  What on earth is the problem? And finally, the Sergio Brown, textbook turn and not make contect with Gates whatsoever/PI call. I am just speechless. The defense was outstanding outside of the two big Rivers 3rd down passes where his throws were perfect, but those penalties not only extended drives, they gave SD 1st downs on GREAT plays by the D. Not big on conspiracies, but my good god was that bad officiating.  I started to concede the loss after the Sergio Brown call. GREAT game by the D.  Shutting down Gates like that was pheomenal under those circumtances. The run D wa superb.  Tolbert did kill them in the passing game, but overall, a nice job against a what everyone was saying was a top flight SB caliber team.

I agree on the calls, but in my opinion they didn't play outstanding defense. Maybe I'm wrong, it's just that I kept watching River's pocket and it never collapsed. I thought it was opposite for Tom (not always), but the middle got pushed. I thought their backs ran pretty well against us and really if it wasn't for their mistakes they would of won. Maybe we made them make those mistakes?

I knew they would take Gates away and we'd have to deal with their receivers on the outside, I just thought there would be more pressure and we'd do better against the run. I think the pieces are there on defense, I just didn't think today was their day. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Just watched a replay of McCourty's tackle while Big Vince was rumbling down the field with his pick. Definitely a penalty, yet a very heady choice by McCourty. I'm sure he was thinking "better I get flagged then let this guy force a fumble".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I guess they forgot to tell Bodden that you aren't actually allowed to cover WRs anymore.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : Dude, they had many turnovers based on the gameplan, which was clearly taking Gates out and playing a mix of man and zone. The never really blitzed. When you have such a good way to beat that team by covering and taking out Gates, you really shouldn't change it. Why is everyone fixated on the smallest of aspects when the end result is Look at OchoCinco.  The guy clearly looked good, but because the system vets like Gronkandez, Welker and Branch are so effective, no one will say a word now. Stop looking for complainst to complain.  The D bailed out that offense yet again, whether people want to admit or not. That shotgun crap is so awful, I have no idea how O'Brien survives.
    It's not that I want to find things to complain about, it's that when I'm watching the game and it's third down...Boom! It becomes a 1st down - weather it's a run, screen, something over the middle. And it almost always is the direct result of the QB having too much time and feeling way too comfortable. The problem of not having a rush, is that you have to be perfect in the secondary and the new rules won't allow secondary perfection. If the ball is near a receiver it'll be completed or a penalty; it's why the guy passing the ball needs to reset his feet (from a good rush) and misfire on the pass - because a corner has no chance. None.

I do like the pieces they added this off season, because I believe they're talented, large, proven experienced front seven players. I just don't think they looked good today. Honestly they look more built for cold weather playoff type of football (whick I like), rather than early season, perfect weather. When the wind starts to get cold and the passing games lose their perfection, I like our size and coaching.   

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Waddaya think, king, is there gonna be a fine for going low on TB's knee?
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]Travis laboy was diving at Tom's knee and made contact on two different occassions with no call on either hit. On his first knee bend he also grabbed Toms ankle and was attempting to twist it off well after the play. What was the report on Mesko?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

the carter call was terrible! Text book hit there...and too bad there was a flag....awful. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

As soon as I saw the BS roughing the passer call on Carter i said "Oh yeah. I can see where this is headed." After that, what followed wasn't much of a surprise. Horrible officiating. I'd like to see officials fined for bad bad calls the way players are fined for bad hits. It might make them pay more attention and do a better job.

I know, I know. Never gonna happen.

Anyway, turnovers were the key difference in the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Carter was just trying to pressure the QB and knock him down.  That isn't a penalty-it's the NFL, not backyard touch football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]..... That isn't a penalty-it's the NFL, not backyard touch football.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]
    Unfortunately, not so in Goodell's NFL. Not sure I can get used to it, either. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Carter hit was clean.
    PI call on Brown was questionable, but I can live with it.
    Bodden's holding calls were like getting a $200 speeding ticket going 67 in a 65.
    Offense played well, better than SD's.
    SD offense consisted of dump offs to RB's because of coverage heavy gameplan. 
    Hey, what do you know...? The Patriots had a gameplan to beat an opponent and it worked. Good win NE, get ready for the Bills this week.
    O'Brien lives...!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]it was bad. not the worst ever, but really bad. 1. how many times did they go low on brady? wasn't there a penalty for doing so? 2. 2 holdings on bodden were a joke. there was no basis for those calls. 3. roughing on carter. on this call, i just have no idea what can and cant do to the quarterback.  4. almost all of the penalties on the chargers were meaningless and declined. Happy we won the game and Brady is in top shape.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

there was one hit that scared the daylights out of me ...

Sections
Shortcuts