Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Officiating

I'd agree that there were some blown calls, but on one of the Bodden calls it was because he jammed the guy like 8 yards downfield.  The Sergio Brown coverage on Gates ended up with an arm lock initiated by Brown and it may have been incidental, but I can see why they would call it.  Gronkowski was absolutely tackled on one 3rd down attempt.  He was mauled, and it wasn't even disguised as coverage.  Missed call.  Chad Johnson was grabbed on at least one of his receptions.  Missed call.  The Carter call is case in point that that defenders have no idea what they're supposed to do anymore to stay within the rules.   

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]I think the D caused the turnovers.  In fact, I know they did because I saw it.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Well . . .  perspective is a funny thing.

I have no doubt that there are people very much like us in San Dago right now arguing about how all the miscues were the fault of the Chargers players.

Well . . .  maybe not just like us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Totally agree-officials should be docked pay for poor performance-A nuetral committe should evaluate each crew and fine them respectively. Maybe then they would think twice about throwing flags and missing blatant penalties. Brady getting hit in the knees/shins was pretty blatant. Are these refs BLIND!!!!! Start fining them GOOD_FOR_NOTHING. NFL Commish my ASH!!!In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating :   I didn't want to say any thing about controlling games in my post because I didn't want a bunch of people jumping on me and calling me a conspiracy theorist, but you are absolutely right. NFL officials do create penalties in the same way NBA officials do. Whether it is for their own purposes or league directed is debatable. That's my opinion anyway. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who sees it that way. If this assumption is erroneous then the reality is just as bad, or worse, depending on your point of view. It would mean that officiating has reached a level of incompetence that has become overwhelmingly horrific. If these men were employed in most any other industry, they would be dismissed due to gross incompetence. Since this is a part time job for these guys, it makes me wonder what kind of abysmal screw-ups they are at their regular jobs. The time for year-round full time officials, who work independently of NFL influence is long overdue. But that will never happen. It's all about who controls the corruption.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldPatPatriot. Show OldPatPatriot's posts

umm, yes he did.  It was a textbook turn but when he put his arms up he hit Gates arm before ball got there.  Other than that call which was correct, the officiating was terrible especially the Carter call In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]Umm, no he didn't.  He turned and Gates simply dropped the ball.  It was a textbook turn and he just put his arms up to distract. The roughing call and the two holds on Bodden were outrageous, extending drives.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]I think the D caused the turnovers.  In fact, I know they did because I saw it. I just think it's funny every year we hear SD say the EXACT same thing, but they're too stupid to change how they attack us based on previous meetings. Then, they make dumb plays or turn it over and it's nothing Belichick or his players did. It's always them not playing well, not what NE does to combat what SD wants to do. Watch, next week, Gates will blow up and SD will score 40 points and BB's apporach will again look like a good one.

Isn't that what you said about the playoffs last year?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your reasoning for the playoff loss was all about our mistakes, not plays made by the Jets.  This is the same thing as the Chargers fans.  Turnovers look distentcly different depending upon who you are rooting for.  Was the last TD by the bills, a blown pick or a great TD catch in traffic?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]I see.   Obviously, when you drop a TD pass in the end zone like Crumpler did, that's clearly a complete botch job by a player on your team.  Apparently, you dont' see the difference. Also, Brady's INT was just horrendous. It's not like he was pressured or the ball was tipped or something.  He should have thrown it away. I guess you could credit NY for following a set screen to the RB out of the backfield, but I can't think of a time Brady was ever that bad on a simple play like that.  It was an Eli Manning type play.  Just awful. No excuse. A gift to NY baed on the drive's success to that point. I think NE caused SD's mistakes the other day, while NE shot themselves in the foot by not executing simple plays I menyion above.  There is a difference. It's not like Crumpler dropped a TD because of good D and he dropped it from that. He just dropped it. Meanwhile, the goal line stand and Wilfork and Mayo plays in particular were hard earned, great athletic plays they executed to beat what SD was doing. Even Rivers himself complimented Vince on that INT.

Ok, so all the guys that normally catch the ball are covered, Crumpler has hands of stone and suddenly we expect him to make the play that he is known for not making?  I see what you're saying, but it's juts not that easy.  It sure looked like the Jets were in Brady's head that day.  It wasn't surprising to me that he made a very unBrady like throw. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Agree on nice Jets gameplan, but they didn't start to gain more of a feel of what they wanted to do until after the 1st two NE drives. Brady threw the awful and ill advised pass and on the next drive Crumpler drop had nothing to do with anything successful NY was doing, obviously. This is why I feel O'Brien was outcalled. Rex adjusted and got his troops in order, but O'Brien never did.

Unless you consider covering everyone except Crumpler no doing anything.  Every week teams need to pick their poison against us. Do you think the Jets will waste Revis on Ocho in a couple of weeks or will they allow him to be the poison of the week?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know, Phat Rex.  Stop asking questions to deflect and following me around since 9/7.

Not really sure what you're talking about, I thought we were having a discussion.  No? If you're not into that, that's fine.  Shall we agree to not reply to each others comments?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you on the Carter roughing call. The ref said he hit him with the hairline of the helmet. Since when is that a penalty? That was a textbook tackle. Reiss even said he should have raised his head. Had he done that he would have drilled Rivers in the head. I just don't get what constitutes a penalty anymore.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]
    The same thing was said in the broadcast booth on that play.  A perfect tackle play they called it and somehow it was a PENALTY??!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : The same thing was said in the broadcast booth on that play.  A perfect tackle play they called it and somehow it was a PENALTY??!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The justification I heard for the roughing call was that Carter landed on top of Rivers after he tackled him.

I'm not sure how you're supposed to avoid that when you wrap the guy up the way you're supposed to, but that's the spin . . .   for whatever it's worth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Stunk, i thought i was watching a patriots - colts game
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

LoL, I said the same thing during the game as I was screaming at the T.V. I have since appoligized to the T.V........:)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : The justification I heard for the roughing call was that Carter landed on top of Rivers after he tackled him. I'm not sure how you're supposed to avoid that when you wrap the guy up the way you're supposed to, but that's the spin . . .   for whatever it's worth.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

the explanation I read was that his helmet made contact with Rivers' chest

perhaps they can attach defenders' heads to another part of their body...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]it was bad. not the worst ever, but really bad. 1. how many times did they go low on brady? wasn't there a penalty for doing so? 2. 2 holdings on bodden were a joke. there was no basis for those calls. 3. roughing on carter. on this call, i just have no idea what can and cant do to the quarterback.  4. almost all of the penalties on the chargers were meaningless and declined. Happy we won the game and Brady is in top shape.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]
    .... and through week 3 it continues.....
    I brought this thread back up because yesterdays Bills game turned out to be more of the same. It's not a one game woe-is-me thing. Ridiculous NFL officiating in these Pats games is becoming the norm.  

Sections
Shortcuts