Offseason receiver acquisition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Offseason receiver acquisition

Considering the trend with Randy Moss, Joey Galloway, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco, I am assuming the Patriots will be in the market again to bring some over-the-hill veteran/HOF receiver to come to NE to finish their career.

If that scenario is to unfold, something I consider highly likely, who is the most likely to come to NE from the following veteran FA receivers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Offseason receiver acquisition

Wayne is the only one of the 4 I think the Pats would even consider. Maybe he will end up with Peyton on the Jets??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

While I don't think the Patriots would bring in any of these guys, If I had to pick one it would be Wayne.  He is the youngest of the four and is known for running great routes and understanding pass coverage.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

None of the above. I expect to see Brandon Lloyd. Not as old as those guys, and he's a McDaniels guy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Brandon Lloyd. All day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

There are sooooo many WR free agents this off season...

Just bring in somebody, Bill...

Brandon Lloyd, Wes, Gronk, and Aaron would be unbelievable...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

IMO, I think Ocho with a lot of offseason work, which he is definitely not adverse to, and a full Spring training under O'Brien and Brady's tutelage, will rise again like a phoenix and have an outstanding season in 2012.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

None of those....If have to chose--Wayne

I would like to see them bring in Lloyd....Has a good relationship...Probably could be brought in at an affordable salary

Signed by Rams before 2010 season

CURRENT SALARY INFORMATION

Contract:2 yr(s) / $2,050,000Signing Bonus$500,000Average Salary$1,025,000End Year:2011 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think Lloyd is a slam dunk, he wants to play for McDaniels and had success in his offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

brandon lloyd or dwyane bowe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think it could be Lloyd as well. Wayne can still play but won't come here, the other guys are done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't understand the infatuation with Brandon Llyod...what has he had? One good season? He's known as a locker room me first guy. I'd draft the kid from Rutgers and damn happy about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'd like to see them sign Wes Welker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Offseason receiver acquisition:
    [QUOTE]Considering the trend with Randy Moss, Joey Galloway, Tory Holt, and Chad Ochocinco, I am assuming the Patriots will be in the market again to bring some over-the-hill veteran/HOF receiver to come to NE to finish their career. If that scenario is to unfold, something I consider highly likely, who is the most likely to come to NE from the following veteran FA receivers
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Putting Masons name in there is absurd. He is no longer any good AT ALL and I doubt he could ever play on a BB team.

Wayne gets picked by many here but I think he stays there to help with Luck in first year.

Driver still is a good player. GB might not want to pay him because of age. Not sure how he feels about it but I expect he would welcome a team with a HOF QB if he has to leave GB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Offseason receiver acquisition:
    [QUOTE]IMO, I think Ocho with a lot of offseason work, which he is definitely not adverse to, and a full Spring training under O'Brien and Brady's tutelage, will rise again like a phoenix and have an outstanding season in 2012.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

Actually I agree with this IF BB thinks Chad still has the skills left in him. ANd if he does I would expect him to be able to generate 2-3 catches a game. It doesnt sound like a lot but from that spot it pretty good production. Especially as those will be a lot of third down conversions or TDs.

Still, I would liek to see a solid #1 WR in there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would have no problem with Reggie Wayne. But I would like a WR more like Calvin Johnson to be honest

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The only guy I would take off that list is Wayne.  Ward and Mason are done.  Driver is close to done and not worth paying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Brandon Lloyd said he would follow JM where ever he went, so if the Pats offer a fair deal he's coming to NE.

He has plenty left, his best years have been with Josh and still has at least 2/3 more good years.  He's got the speed understands the O and plays hard in the running game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Reggie Wayne
    Brandon Lloyd
    Dwagne Bowe
    Laurent Robinson
    Marques Colston

Malcontents:
    DeSean Jackson
    Steve Johnson
    Vincent Jackson

Sections