Offseason topic: Cut Amendola - sign Edelman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tety. Show tety's posts

Offseason topic: Cut Amendola - sign Edelman?

Just a short idea.. what would this mean for the cap?

we still  have TJ Moe waiting on IR in case Julian gets hurt again...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Offseason topic: Cut Amendola - sign Edelman?

Already been discussed, Amendola's cap isn't much next season and the Patriots can afford to keep both guys if Edelman asks for a similar contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Already been discussed, Amendola's cap isn't much next season and the Patriots can afford to keep both guys if Edelman asks for a similar contract.

[/QUOTE]

Hate to sound dumb, but can anyone tell me more about TJ Moe. A lot of posters mention him, but I  must have missed his up and down sides. Why are so many people so high on him when he hasn't even played yet due to IR? And where does he fit in considering th ecurrent receiving group?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to noahsark99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hate to sound dumb, but can anyone tell me more about TJ Moe. A lot of posters mention him, but I  must have missed his up and down sides. Why are so many people so high on him when he hasn't even played yet due to IR? And where does he fit in considering th ecurrent receiving group?

[/QUOTE]

Welker syndrome. He's short, he's white, he's primarily a slot WR and and he's a slow man, so he must be good like Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Cut Amendola - no.

Sign Edelman - yes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think cutting Amendola next year is costly (i.e., it results in a lot of dead money).  I can't see them cutting him because his performance, while not spectacular, is good enough and the cost of cutting him is (I believe) high. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think cutting Amendola next year is costly (i.e., it results in a lot of dead money).  I can't see them cutting him because his performance, while not spectacular, is good enough and the cost of cutting him is (I believe) high. 

[/QUOTE]

I agee with you on keeping both, but it will be extremely revealing to find out hoe both of them perform now in the playoff run. Still need to see how they do when it matters most. Somehow I think Edelman is more clutch but think that amendola may be a pleasant surprise. I'm predicting an Amendola TD already against the Colts and expect Edelman to have a huge game opening up a few longer passes to Dobson or Thompkins and the Tight Ends. This is the most important game coming up and we need everyone to bring their A games. Brady and McDaniels have to use the run well to control the game and close it out. Then we move on to Denver or, even better host San Diego.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1602735-tj-moe-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-missouri-wr

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1602735-tj-moe-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-missouri-wr

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the link, jjdbrasil . That's better (more comprehensive) than the reports I found. Let's hope, if he can even earn a roster spot, that his skills and intangibles translate to the next level. This isn't enough to see what value he will have, though. What's your opinion?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the link, jjdbrasil . That's better (more comprehensive) than the reports I found. Let's hope, if he can even earn a roster spot, that his skills and intangibles translate to the next level. This isn't enough to see what value he will have, though. What's your opinion?

[/QUOTE]

I am not an expert but I feel if he was any good he would have been drafted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not an expert but I feel if he was any good he would have been drafted.

[/QUOTE]

He's like a Woodhead and Welker. Average talent but a huge heart and high work ethic. Odds are against him as there are a lot of guys like him that never make it (I'd list some but honestly I don't remember their names). If he makes it it will be because of shear force of will to crack the lineup much like Brown, Edelman, Welker. But, everyone loves the underdog around here. Look at the likes of Underwood, Farnham, Nunn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As for the topic at hand, it would cost more to cut Amendola in dead money than to keep him on the roster so cutting Amendola could actually make it harder to resign Edelman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the dead money incurred cutting Amendola is $6.8M. Combine that with the Hern hit and the dead money balloons to almost $15M. Amendola is not getting cut.

I put the chance of Edelman coming back at less then 20%. He has earned his chance at free agency, has not yet had the chance to make money, and will find plenty of teams interested in signing him. I think the Pats as they do with every player, assign a value and do not exceed that number. The Pats have the luxury of Amendola, Collie and Boyce on the roster, and Brady throwing the ball.

Amendola IMO can be a better player than Edelman for this team. Better route runner, better hands. He simply has to stay on the field, and regain that comfort factor with Brady that they had in game 1 against the Bills.

No one can blame Edelman for the situation. He was a free agent last year, and in a limited amount of playing time, showed the Pats what kind of player he could be. They also saw him every day in practice. It was clear even to a novice like me the guy was a beast in camp. The Pats low balled him at $750 to sign him, when they could have tied him up for 3 years at a very reasonable number, 3/$10, that I think he would have signed. I have to think he is now looking at 5/$25-$28 with $10-$12 guaranteed  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am an Edelman fan and I always thought he showed promise as a WR because he is smart and dynamic with the ball in his hands in the open field.  Remember when he was taking snaps away from WW a while back?  I had no problem with it, esp. since the writing was on the wall after the Pats signed Gronk and Hern.  The Pats needed to see what JE could bring to the table in the event WW was not re-signed. 

While I'd like to think it's true that the Pats could have locked JE up with a reasonable deal to avoid this situation, Edelman's career prior to this year hardly screamed "sure thing" at WR because he couldn't stay on the field.  If anybody needed to have a prove it to me year, it was Edelman.  Well, he had his prove it to me year, and he certainly killed it.  His market value will be very good this offseason.  With that being the case, I can still see why the Pats brought him back on the cheap.  His market value was low because he couldn't stay healthy.  

I hope they can keep both Amendola and Edelman.  I think a lot depends on how the Pats project guys like Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson going forward. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tety's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've seen some stupid troll work here before, but this one really is at the top of the list. 

[/QUOTE]

Spewing the hate already? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bong this morning?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The thing about Edelman is he is also very valuable Punt Returner, and a very good one at that. Last year he turned game around against the Colts, with TD Punt return. Started rocking after that.
    Hate to lose him, he's one Crazy Dude!                                      

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've seen some stupid troll work here before, but this one really is at the top of the list. 

[/QUOTE]

Spewing the hate already? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bong this morning?

[/QUOTE]

Your troll work of late is quite something. Still up in arms as a Tea Party nutjob because you did not like my analysis on the Colorado weed topic?   You might want to seek some help.

I've bludgeoned people here before, so you aren't the first.  Looks like I have a new stalker troll to add to the list.

If you think it makes sense to cut Amendola (for whatever the reason this moron troll is even suggesting), then you're as dumb as this troll is.

First post and it's that stupid? That's either troll work or someone is too dumb to be accepted here.

[/QUOTE]

Narcissistic Personality: People with a narcissistic personality have a sense of superiority, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy. They have an exaggerated belief in their own value or importance, which is what therapists call grandiosity. They may be extremely sensitive to failure, defeat, or criticism. When confronted by a failure to fulfill their high opinion of themselves, they can easily become enraged or severely depressed. Because they believe themselves to be superior in their relationships with other people, they expect to be admired and often suspect that others envy them. They believe they are entitled to having their needs met without waiting, so they exploit others, whose needs or beliefs they deem to be less important. Their behavior is usually offensive to others, who view them as being self-centered, arrogant, or selfish. This personality disorder typically occurs in high achievers, although it may also occur in people with few achievements. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

First post and it's that stupid? That's either troll work or someone is too dumb to be accepted here.

[/QUOTE]

Is this why you have never been accepted here?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is it up there with your claim that BB,as a GM & HC  has nothing to do with the construction and operation of the offense?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this why you have never been accepted here?

[/QUOTE]

Because I can tell a troll so easily?  If my first post is something like this thread title, then I would be expected to be called a troll.  Plain and simple.

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that you're even here.  Are you working from home again today, Mr President?  I thought that you'd have your face burried in your BB hoodie crying "why BB, why did you crush my world by debunking every claim I have ever made in one small interview?"  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts