offTopic: what's your take on COLBERT taking over for LETTERMAN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: offTopic: what's your take on COLBERT taking over for LETTERMAN?

I like Colbert, however, the effect on my life will be nil.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm with ATJ, I'm in bed by then most nights and if I'm not, I'm not watching TV.

That said, I'd have thought they'd get someone younger. Colbert is in his 50s. I'd have opted for Jon Stewart if you're going for the older white male audience, or John Oliver. Or something completely different, Chelsea Handler. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

garbage in , garbage out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The only thing I watch on TV are the pats. Who's this Letterman? Did he play high school sports or something?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

For my taste I would have chosen Louis CK. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

like the boy. should b a megastar.. or too hot for the room like Conan on NBC.. then again, if letterman isnt moved to 10p, it shouldnt b that tough of a transition. i digress.. too bad he's dropping his full-time o'reilly like schtick mockery.. love it!

this guy won't last a year. First off, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have a way bigger fan base already and are younger. Secondly if you are a far left or far right person you automatically turn off a 1/3 of your potential adudience even before show 1 so when you take Fallon's and kimmel's popularity(i.e. ratings) and combine a far left guy this is a recipe for distaster! How in the world is this guy going to succeed?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think it was a bad move.  Much like Stewart, Colbert is more activist than comedian/talk show host.  He just uses his considerable talents in the later to support the former.  He's not going to be able to do on the Late Night Show to the degree he currently can, and will sadly be reduced to pet tricks, top 10 lists, and interviewing the likes of Kim Kardassian. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

like the boy. should b a megastar.. or too hot for the room like Conan on NBC.. then again, if letterman isnt moved to 10p, it shouldnt b that tough of a transition. i digress.. too bad he's dropping his full-time o'reilly like schtick mockery.. love it!

this guy won't last a year. First off, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have a way bigger fan base already and are younger. Secondly if you are a far left or far right person you automatically turn off a 1/3 of your potential adudience even before show 1 so when you take Fallon's and kimmel's popularity(i.e. ratings) and combine a far left guy this is a recipe for distaster! How in the world is this guy going to succeed?

Actually, his Q ratings are higher than either Fallon or Kimmel. 

Love that he's getting a bigger audience, but I too will be in bed/otherwise engaged.

Sections
Shortcuts