OG Brian Waters a Patriot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot

After QB the oldest average age in the NFL is for Center and Guard.  It seems like interior linemen have an age related down slope later than most other positions.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot:
    I hate to say "I told you" to the people who thought Dan Connolly could cut it on a Super Bowl contender, but "I told you"
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Yeah . . . and same goes for those who said we should let Mankins walk because Connolly was just as good . . . 

Anyone seen Rusty around?Tongue out

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot:
    In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot : Yeah . . . and same goes for those who said we should let Mankins walk because Connolly was just as good . . .  Anyone seen Rusty around?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

He's too busy trying to convince me that Connolly was a better lineman than Mankins last year
    - /> page 2 HERE: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aa9dd8207-f3d2-4f2f-aefa-6ea4fce9c729

LMAO

sure, less penalties and less sacks, but also less +'s on the o-line coach's grade sheet.  zeros don't win ball games, Russ.  You actually want to be able to run plays behind a guy for him to be a superior offensive lineman.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Manieri  was  released.   I  don't  think  BB  is  finished  with  the  OL.  I  hope  they  can  add  Gurode  for  a  reasonable  price, if  he's  recovered from  knee  surgery.  I  know  that  Koppen  is  valued  by  many  posters  and  the  mantra  has  been - " we  can  replace  Koppen  next  year."  However, I  believe  Koppen  is  another  weak  link  in  the  interior  OL.  Why  not  replace  Koppen  this  year  with  Gurode ?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

When did Koppen become a player that needs to be replaced? The only issue I have seen is depth at guard. Rich on IR and Connoly with a bum ankle. Another example of injuries occurring.

Texas Pat would probably have you believe that this is a "haunting" personnel mishap when in fact its just the nature of the beast. Injuries happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

i've read in multiple places that waters didnt get along with pioli and hailey- i assume this conflict is related to contract restructuring. anybody hear of the specific nature of problem

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i really like this move, he basically replaces the sorely missed and underrated stephen neal. waters has a little more talent that neal but hes the same age neal would be and adds physicality. waters when his career is over will go into the hall of fame as one of the best guards to ever play the game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

tp you wore down ud6.... i dont think you will do that with rusty...

i dont have a problem with pats bringing in a good veteran at guard... cannon will definatly fill that role in future but thats a while away... 
    let them all compete...
    i def want to be able to run ball at will so we can switch sh*t up whn we have to get rush off brady...and close games out...and im more concerned at tight end...   thinking about it... he must have been thinking solder can be that addtional tackle like te...

why didnt i see that...some other poster did...it makes sense...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Plusses:  Waters has all of the experience in the world.  He's a great locker room guy, and the Chiefs apparently missed him in their locker room.  He got thrown out of Kansas partly because of long-term friction with Scott Pioli and coach Haley.  This year, Waters and his agent dared them to toss him out and then they tossed him.  BB will like the fact that the Patriots play Kansas City this year. 

Minuses:  He was born during the Eisenhower Administration.  Guys that old, even if they have only missed 3 games in a decade or more, aren't completely durable.  My guess is that he might hold up until Cannon comes off the PUP/non-football injury (chemotherapy) list.  If he's still somehow going after 12 games then Cannon can sit and back him up.  Connolly can get the job done for maybe 1 game or so, and is an ok backup.

Waters was canned because his salary cap was too high versus his production was so-so this year, the Chiefs had some other starting guards and he was a malcontent.  I don't expect him to be excellent, just better than Connolly who really struck out in preseason.  I think Waters can start versus Miami.

Sections
Shortcuts