Oh Albert, oh Albert...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Oh Albert, oh Albert...

Pleeeeease bring it this year...could be the start of something special.

Ask yourself, when was the last time, during training camp, you wondered whether the Pats offense could match up with the D?

A good feeling...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert...

I said it before and I'll say it again.. I am excited to see how our D plays against big time offenses... I'm not worried like I was the last 5 years.

More excited about the D than the O this time around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

where art thou o albert??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hasn't shown for three consecutive practices...what's up with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Well,

If Albert doesn't pan out, his new nickname will become (Prince) Albert In A Can

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Reiss says its summer knee management. He had some shot in his knee and their taking it slow.

Per Reiss...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- There have been a lot of questions from followers on Twitter about defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth and missing practice. Haynesworth hasn't been on the field for the last three sessions, and given his reputation, the absence has garnered headlines. That's fair.

This somewhat reminds me of 2007 training camp with Randy Moss.

Moss lit things up early in camp before slightly tweaking his hamstring. The Patriots played in safe, shutting him down until the regular season. There were questions throughout the preseason if Moss would be ready, then in the season opener against the Jets, they were answered with authority when he raced through triple coverage on a long-bomb 51-yard strike.

Haynesworth, like Moss, had a strong start to camp in 2011.

On his first play, he exploded past a blocker in a half-line running drill, blowing up the play in a glimpse of the type of disruption he could create when motivated. There were a few other plays like that before his workload was reduced.

Why was the workload reduced?

I think Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet was on to something when he reported on Haynesworth's "www.csnne.com/08/06/11/Haynesworths-history-of-summer-knee-main/landing_patriots.html?blockID=546472&feedID=4023" target="_blank">history of summer knee maintenance" over the weekend, and how that maintenance has probably extended into training camp because of the lockout.

As reported by the Washington Post in 2009, Haynesworth has received an offseason injection of Synvisc, which is similar to natural knee fluid, since his final two years in Tennessee (2007-2008).

Haynesworth was in good enough shape to pass his physical when the Patriots acquired him in a trade, which is important context here. Then in practice, there wasn't anything noticeable that happened from an injury perspective, although Haynesworth certainly seemed to be trying to get his legs under him.

Much like Moss in 2007, my sense is that Haynesworth's absence isn't anything close to a sound-the-alarms situation for Bill Belichick. I think Belichick views it more in the all-important "managing players' health" category following the lockout.

I don't expect to see Haynesworth Thursday night against the Jaguars in the preseason opener, but at this point, I'd be surprised if he's not ready for the season opener Sept. 12 in Miami.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert...:
    where art thou o albert??
    Posted by NEGAME2

lol
    well your the only one who would get it... all the other females on the board... wedat, ud6, fatrex....   dont deserve it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

nice share Phil, I could certainly see them shutting fat albert down for a bit. His talent level will ensure him a spot on the roster. I don't think we need to worry about Albert right now, I am more interested in how the rest of our D-Line will shape out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7a714eee34cbf9546ead02ec7e68dbaa&plckUserId=7a714eee34cbf9546ead02ec7e68dbaa">
    First: 12/3/2009
    Last: 8/9/2011
    nice share Phil, I could certainly see them shutting fat albert down for a bit. His talent level will ensure him a spot on the roster. I don't think we need to worry about Albert right now, I am more interested in how the rest of our D-Line will shape out.

Agreed and BTW nice share back with your avitar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Hasn't shown for three consecutive practices...what's up with that?
    Posted by soups

LOL, what were you guys expecting? Do you honestly think Bill Belichik was going to change this manchild with the potential for raging violence against women, teammates, and unknowing motorists?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

No one seems to be mentioning he has a court date/trial due to start on August 23rd.  I wonder if he is off with lawyers trying to get that thing settled and that is why he is not at practice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

No one seems to be mentioning he has a court date/trial due to start on August 23rd.  I wonder if he is off with lawyers trying to get that thing settled and that is why he is not at practice.
    Posted by Patsman3

Yeah, that's the ticket, not that he is a lazy, overpaid, p/o/s who is going to embarrass Pats fans thoroughly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert... : Yeah, that's the ticket, not that he is a lazy, overpaid, p/o/s who is going to embarrass Pats fans thoroughly.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

LOL i didnt say he wasnt those things either.  I am no fan of Haynesworth but my point was if they were just "resting " him you would expect to at least see him on the field watching like the other players on the PUP list.  He is no where to be found.  Makes me thing he is off taking care of other buiness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert... : LOL i didnt say he wasnt those things either.  I am no fan of Haynesworth but my point was if they were just "resting " him you would expect to at least see him on the field watching like the other players on the PUP list.  He is no where to be found.  Makes me thing he is off taking care of other buiness.
    Posted by Patsman3

Its called quitting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert... : Its called quitting.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

Very wishful thinking here.  However, I'm sure you don't even buy the BS you are selling.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7a714eee34cbf9546ead02ec7e68dbaa&plckUserId=7a714eee34cbf9546ead02ec7e68dbaa " /> myaim45 Posts: 173 First: 12/3/2009 Last: 8/9/2011 nice share Phil, I could certainly see them shutting fat albert down for a bit. His talent level will ensure him a spot on the roster. I don't think we need to worry about Albert right now, I am more interested in how the rest of our D-Line will shape out. Agreed and BTW nice share back with your avitar.
    Posted by Philskiw1

I asked last week about that avatar and who it was in the pic. Never got an answer though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Albert, oh Albert... : Its called quitting.
    Posted by PhllyPhn1967

It's called he's a big guy and out of shape and they are going to bring him along slowly.  Hate it all you want, but he will be in there shoving people back into their quarterbacks when it is time.  And Wilfork?  That man-beast, freed from 2 gapping, will be all four horsemen of the apocalypse by himself.  Go play with your iggies friends, you guys pretend every year you will do it all.  Funny, the best thing that ever happened to you was Terrel Owens.  That is sad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Hey, Hey, Hey!

Looooove to play tackle!!

Sections
Shortcuts